What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

franklin2323

Immortal
But the crowds in 1991 were equally pathetic.

Looking at the averages 11,000 was pretty good for those days. These days it would be 15-16k. Given we have higher population. More members etc. Leagues Club flying could just hand over money when needed.

9k on a Sunday these days is terrible. Then we had no club membership. Weren't a pro comp, no merchandise program. You need turnstiles ticking over. To keep going.

darkbloom

Juniors
Looking at the averages 11,000 was pretty good for those days. These days it would be 15-16k. Given we have higher population. More members etc. Leagues Club flying could just hand over money when needed.

9k on a Sunday these days is terrible. Then we had no club membership. Weren't a pro comp, no merchandise program. You need turnstiles ticking over. To keep going.

Really? Stats show the average crowd of 11,000 for premiership side would be considered good? Where do you find those stats?

Do agree with you about the factors that should mean bigger crowds now.

Agree NRL crowds have gone up in recent years. Membership has gone up across the NRL.

Yet Penrith crowds have gone down, even in a successful 2010. Our club is just not cutting it. Growth in membership means zip unless it converts.

What is your theory on why?

stormbati

Bench
Bingo. I thought he was pretty poor overall in this origin series. The best thing he did was stop the Tate try in game two. Made a couple of good runs, but not enough for origin level. Another thing I noticed is when NSW received a kick Jennings would rush in to get into dummy half to pass it off for someone else to have a run. The other players caught on in the end and would push him out and make him take the run. Don't know what is going on with the bloke but he seems to be lacking confidence in his own ability.
You can't be serious!!

franklin2323

Immortal
What is your theory on why?[/QUOTE/]

Rugbyleagueproject website has every year. Coach Captain average Crowd etc. We were the best Sydney club only behind Newcastle, Brisbane & Canberra.

As for why. I love Panthers and footy so will go no matter what bar 1 game this year when I was sick of crap from management. The way I see it. It's a good few hours watching footy just relaxing with mates having a few beers.

For the non attentees. A huge majority of residents follow other teams. Those that don't I reckon don't see the value or have time. BBQ aside the foods ordinary. $20 to get in. Watch it on TV in the warm eating good food. We have played ordinary so after long commutes to work to rush home to see your team get flogged. Doesn't get many excited.

murraymob

Coach
glad to see jenko back to his best.It is the only way to stop the stgories about him being unhappy out of the papers.No coincidence the papers have now switched to mitchell pearce

Fibroman

First Grade
Whether you rate Jennings or not, he is a crowd pleaser. Every side needs a couple of crowd pleasers.

franklin2323

Immortal
I saw a stat last night. 5 games this year Jennings has atleast scored a try, a linebreak, 100m+ gained, 5 tackle busts, 5 tackles. That's pretty much all the kpi's for a centre covered there.

murraymob

Coach
and despite what the papers sy he wants to ba panther .With coote now being in the halves he will get early quality ball .Things are looking up

Kilkenny

Coach
I honestly believe if there is a club out there prepared to pay $500K of Jennings contract then we would almost certainly be prepared to allow to leave. Yes we would have to top up the rest whatever that may be, but he simply isn't value for money at the alleged sums we are paying him. Short term pain I agree but it would be the best long term to get us competitive again sooner rather than later.

Latest posts