What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

franklin2323

Immortal
So according to the article in the Lewis captaincy thread. Lewis thinks Jennings attitude is fine & wants him to stay. Very strange. Seems the only that thinks he's in bad form is Cleary.

Hooch

Juniors
They're clipping Lewis' wings, they obviously want him under the thumb.

You can understand they need him on board with recruitment and retention, but they've handled it poorly.

Big Mick

Referee
You'd not expect him to question the coach and management in public so he must feel pretty strongly about it imo.

Feels so strongly about it that he doesn't say anything until yesterday regarding something that happened weeks ago? ok.

franklin2323

Immortal
Feels so strongly about it that he doesn't say anything until yesterday regarding something that happened weeks ago? ok.

It's strange he would even comment on either the captaincy or Jennings in public. Privately to team mates yes but in public. That's un Lewis like

Big Mick

Referee
Good. He is stating his opinion and playing angry.

Maybe that was the goal? Because in all honesty...Lewis has had his worst start to the season in a while and yesterday he played like he did all of last year. Only one thing changed...

betcats

Referee

Something that happened a couple of weeks ago? Its still going on, and he has been club captain until now so maybe since he has lost the captaincy and seems to have the shits he decided to bring up something else he wasnt happy with. Doesnt seem that far fetched to me.

Its a strange time for him to come out and back Jennings if he is just doing it because they are teammates, strange way to do it as well.

Big Mick

Referee
That's what I'm saying. It is a strange time to come out & say it when the demotion occurred 3 weeks ago and nothing was said.

Who knows. Maybe the players have a mutual hate for Cleary that is bringing them together. Who knows.

But it worked yesterday...and the week before.

There is pressure to perform now.

betcats

Referee
That's what I'm saying. It is a strange time to come out & say it when the demotion occurred 3 weeks ago and nothing was said.

Who knows. Maybe the players have a mutual hate for Cleary that is bringing them together. Who knows.

But it worked yesterday...and the week before.

There is pressure to perform now.

3 weeks ago he was club captain, you would not expect Lewis as captain to question the coach in public no matter how much he disagreed with the decision, but it seems like Lewis after just being dropped as captain took a chance toget something off his chest.

Either way I hope they can sort it out, i think if we give Cleary and Gus as long as Matt Elliot got here then we will be pushing for premierships consistently after couple years but its been a rocky start.

darkbloom

Juniors
i think if we give Cleary and Gus as long as Matt Elliot got here then we will be pushing for premierships consistently after couple years but its been a rocky start.

Well Gus is on record as saying it will be 2015 before too much will change. I suppose that is when you can start thinking about measuring their performance. Plenty of time to turn everything upside down and inside out in the name of getting rid of ghosts.

We also have to remember back to 2002. John Lang was our new coach, we signed players such as Martin Lang, Ben Roarty and Luke Priddis, and we started off terribly. (I think from memory we lost our first 10 games or something like that). Then 2003 came along...............

Success can certainly come sooner than 2015. Let's keep the faith in Cleary

franklin2323

Immortal
Either way I hope they can sort it out, i think if we give Cleary and Gus as long as Matt Elliot got here then we will be pushing for premierships consistently after couple years but its been a rocky start.

As a club we are stronger and look good for next season on. I just have issues with player management so far.

Alan Shore

First Grade
If your salary cap is that stuffed I'd hate to think what you're paying nuffies like Paris Simmons and Daniela.

darkbloom

Juniors
We also have to remember back to 2002. John Lang was our new coach, we signed players such as Martin Lang, Ben Roarty and Luke Priddis, and we started off terribly. (I think from memory we lost our first 10 games or something like that). Then 2003 came along...............

Success can certainly come sooner than 2015. Let's keep the faith in Cleary

The big difference is that Lang took responsibility from day 1. No whining about previous management and the personnel they had or the contracts they were on. It was get to work and do it.

This management and the previous coach focused on blaming the past.

It is no coincidence that unrest comes in organisations that look for scapegoats and whose individuals look to evade responsibility.

By the way I don't think Cleary has done this. But he has been willing to go along with the Gus spin.

maple_69

Bench
If Jennings is on 600-700k, and we can probably fairly assume this is not an isolated inflated contract, and we know we have no 3rd party arrangements easing cap pressure, it's probably fair to assume Gus and Ivan have inherited a mess.

I don't like them making excuses either, but the fact is the club has been run like crap for most of its existence and if it takes 2 years of rubbish performances for someone to actually address the problems rather than paper over them, I'm onboard.

maple_69

Bench
So one article with quotes from Gus saying he wants to keep Jennings. Whether Cleary wants him in first grade is up to him but it sounds like Penrith wants to keep him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...s-wait-to-pounce/story-fn2mcuj6-1226370905930

Then another article demonstrating fabulous journalism and zero quotes says we're shopping him around and need him gone. It also mentions our submission to gain concessions for our salary cap woes. No where does it mention this is related to our second tier cap and the horrific injury toll..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...en-to-offers-for-jennings-20120528-1zfak.html

To me it sounds like Jennings will be back in grade as soon as he's available, we'll all move on from this saga and hopefully win some games.