What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

maple_69

Bench
I noticed Jennings in that play as well. Was pretty disappointed.
Overall though he certainly shut the doubters up who bagged his defence pre-Origin. He was very solid in defence and looked dangerous whenever given the ball.

He needs to work on the 1 percenters.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
What rubbish

Jennings if he wanted to leave would be granted a release. When a team is having a bad year the rumours start.Next year will see more wins and less rumours

rem286

Juniors
I know he's the golden child but I still think he has issues with his defensive attitude.

Let's take last night's game as an example, obviously the biggest game he has every played in so he should have been fired up to the max.

First half, Brett Morris makes a line break, swerves around Inglis, and who is chasing from behind to help bring him down? Jonathan Thurston, great hustle play, plenty of heart, that's what wins games.

Second half, Inglis makes a break, Josh Morris comes from behind Hayne, runs all the way across the field and amazingly brings him down from behind to deny a try. Amazing play, great hustle.

Now in the second half, Thurston makes a break down Jennings side (breaks Pearce's tackle) and that leads to a Maroons try. If you watch the replay of that break, Thurston goes through and Tate puts the pedal down in support. Brett Morris turns and sprints back to the point where he helps the cover defense as they don't focus as much on Thurston as Morris is gonna run him down. What does Jennings do when the break is made? He turns and jogs, essentially taking himself out of the play and showing no hustle for his team or his state.

I've noticed this in the past with Jennings, he doesn't show any desire to chase back in defense.

I thought that play was pretty disappointing

Bingo. I thought he was pretty poor overall in this origin series. The best thing he did was stop the Tate try in game two. Made a couple of good runs, but not enough for origin level. Another thing I noticed is when NSW received a kick Jennings would rush in to get into dummy half to pass it off for someone else to have a run. The other players caught on in the end and would push him out and make him take the run. Don't know what is going on with the bloke but he seems to be lacking confidence in his own ability.

rem286

Juniors
No idea where Mick but he will be released.

Just to fire you up, wait till you see the shit fight coming in a few weeks involving your pre Origin captain going too.

I was laughing at all of the suggestions about Lewis leaving. I then ran into an old friend who always has solid info from the club. Now I am frowning as his mail is that 2 very big names from Penrith will be on the move and Jennings was not one of them but the pre-origin captain was.

Big Mick

Referee
Well if they want to go...let em.

But Lewis wasn't the one I would be anticipating to depart. I've heard a lot of bullshit rumours about Lewis...and from the people I trust the most who are bang on most of the time....he wont be going anywhere.

It'd be more Burns, McKendry, Coote.

But it is very fashionable for people to create rumours to get the buzz (pun intended) of said player going to their club.

But if anything changes...I'll let you guys know.

Last edited:

rem286

Juniors
From what I am hearing it has nothing to do with "wanting to go". There appears to be a lot more to the Lewis captaincy issue than the simple fact of taking some of the load off him during origin.

darkbloom

Juniors
Well if they want to go...let em.

But Lewis wasn't the one I would be anticipating to depart. I've heard a lot of bullshit rumours about Lewis...and from the people I trust the most who are bang on most of the time....he wont be going anywhere.

It'd be more Burns, McKendry, Coote.

But it is very fashionable for people to create rumours to get the buzz (pun intended) of said player going to their club.

But if anything changes...I'll let you guys know.

Has your trust been shaken Mick?

soc123_au

Staff member
Showed why he is worth good coin last night. Hopefully the dramas are now behind him & he can keep it up. Would be handy if we had a game plan to utilise him more & the halves to pull it off. The only negative would be he seems to have forgotten how to set up his winger. If he can fix that mansour should rack up some tries supporting him.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I honestly believe he would be the best centre in the comp outside decent halves. Look how good Kane Linnett is playing outside Thurston and Bowen(who plays like a half). Even at Origin level Pearce and Carney couldn't get him ball and Bird kept getting in the way.

His best games were for Australia and The All Stars outside Lockyer.