What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

Basil Brush

Juniors
I seem to be the only Eel's fan that is not sure about his recruitment.

The reasons are:

1) He has been released from 2 clubs before his contract ended (Panthers and Roosters). Are there issues there?

1a) The Roosters, especially, do not let go of players they want to keep.

2) We are paying him a fortune on a good deal.

3) Rumours I have heard from training is he is a bit overweight

I am happy we signed a (gun?) centre but not sure he will be worth the money.

Very happy to be proven wrong.....

^b0ss^

Juniors
Im happy with the signing plenty of pace,looking forward to him getting on the outside drawning in the winger and passing it to semi.

the end.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fair points Basil, but i would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt over his behaviour issues. And as for the money we were willing to pay Ploppa around 660k so Jennings around 700-800k is a steal.

As for his weight issues i think that mght explain were the Roosters are at as a club ATM.

Rhyno

First Grade
He will be a great signing

The last piece we needed to win the premiership

betcats

Referee
He is a great centre and his behaviour issues are overrated a bit. I have more of a problem with his work ethic, he loves to bludge.

Last years origin series sums him up pretty well imo. Game 1 he got carved up and he was just our there walking and not putting in to the point where I wanted him dropped but then game 2 he comes out and has an absolute blinder and is a big reason we won that game. If he is trying his hardest he is probably the best centre in the comp but imo he has only done for one complete season in 2013. The rest of his career the effort comes and goes.

Basil Brush

Juniors
He is a great centre and his behaviour issues are overrated a bit. I have more of a problem with his work ethic, he loves to bludge.

Last years origin series sums him up pretty well imo. Game 1 he got carved up and he was just our there walking and not putting in to the point where I wanted him dropped but then game 2 he comes out and has an absolute blinder and is a big reason we won that game. If he is trying his hardest he is probably the best centre in the comp but imo he has only done for one complete season in 2013. The rest of his career the effort comes and goes.

This sums him up perfectly.

Only plays when he wants to. With his history, I have my doubts about him.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Fair points Basil, but i would prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt over his behaviour issues. And as for the money we were willing to pay Ploppa around 660k so Jennings around 700-800k is a steal.

As for his weight issues i think that mght explain were the Roosters are at as a club ATM.

Great points, mate

Roosters seem to have written off 2016 already they are planning for 2017 with SBW coming back and looking for a new Half, expect them to make a last minute play for Cronk. They are happy to left a player like jennings go as he is on big dollars and is 27 and sign Copley on less than half the money and still developing.
Roosters are planning on a tilt at the premiership in 2017,18 and 19. This year is a building year.
Jennings if he was 22-25 they would have not let him go, Jennings is all class he doesn't need to pass all the time as he can do it all himself.
There is only positives in having Jennings at our club.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I seem to be the only Eel's fan that is not sure about his recruitment.

The reasons are:

1) He has been released from 2 clubs before his contract ended (Panthers and Roosters). Are there issues there?

1a) The Roosters, especially, do not let go of players they want to keep.

2) We are paying him a fortune on a good deal.

3) Rumours I have heard from training is he is a bit overweight

I am happy we signed a (gun?) centre but not sure he will be worth the money.

Very happy to be proven wrong.....

Not sure I agree with all of your reasons but you are not alone in being unsure about whether his recruitment is a good idea.

I hope it works out, but he could be hit and miss.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Not sure I agree with all of your reasons but you are not alone in being unsure about whether his recruitment is a good idea.

Fair enough, but we can't have a centre on massive money for 4 years be a "hit and miss".

Tomorrow night may tell a lot.

I do trust Brad in getting the best out of his players. Hopefully he does it with Jennings

hineyrulz

Post Whore

So it could be good or could be bad??? Gaz do you work for the weather bureau do you????

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Fair enough, but we can't have a centre on massive money for 4 years be a "hit and miss".

Tomorrow night may tell a lot.

I do trust Brad in getting the best out of his players. Hopefully he does it with Jennings

I'm agreeing with you Basil.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I am just hoping he isnt like our last 2 rep outside backs we had signed in willie tonga and will hopoate who failed miserably