What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremiah Pai

eloquentEEL

First Grade
p760.jpg

Warriors centre Jeremiah Pai, has just signed with the Eels (smh.com.au)

I haven't heard of this guy before, but the write up for him on NRL.com is:
A talented ball-player who is a product of the Warriors' development squad, Pai showed his talents in two first grade appearances late last season including the final round win over the Wests Tigers. Expect to see much more of him in 2003.

They also say he is 91kg and his usual position is lock or 5/8, but the SMH said centre, so it looks like another utility player. He hasn't played NRL in 2003.

Anyone seen him play? Got any thoughts about this signing?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels2win said:
p760.jpg

Warriors centre Jeremiah Pai, has just signed with the Eels (smh.com.au)

I haven't heard of this guy before, but the write up for him on NRL.com is:
A talented ball-player who is a product of the Warriors' development squad, Pai showed his talents in two first grade appearances late last season including the final round win over the Wests Tigers. Expect to see much more of him in 2003.

They also say he is 91kg and his usual position is lock or 5/8, but the SMH said centre, so it looks like another utility player. He hasn't played NRL in 2003.

Anyone seen him play? Got any thoughts about this signing?

Never heard of him??, im hoping though he;s more a centre then utility as that's where we need more depth next year!!

The Colonel

Immortal
He played the year before I believe just before the finals when they were resting some players but he played particularly well - good defence and quick hands. They have had some big wraps on him over there in the past and was unlucky to have so many ahead of him.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
He played the year before I believe just before the finals when they were resting some players but he played particularly well - good defence and quick hands. They have had some big wraps on him over there in the past and was unlucky to have so many ahead of him.

No that was Jerome Ropati. Pai has got a bit of talent and will be a good first grade player.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sorry Te Kaha

1. Ivan Cleary (Captain)
2. Henry Fa’afili
3. Vinnie Anderson
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Francis Meli
6. Motu Tony
7. Lance Hohaia
8. Richard Villasanti
9. Jeremiah Pai
10. Mark Tookey
11. Logan Swann
12. Wairangi Koopu
13. Sione Faumuina
15. Justin Morgan
16. David Myles
17. Karl Te Mata
20. Iafeta Palea’aesina
23. Evarn Tuimavavae

Made his debut at hooker v Wests Tigers last game of season 2002.

Seems he is a bit of a utility - centre, lock, 5/8, hooker. Could play a similar role to Dunley if the need arises.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
actually, nrl.com says he played the last 2 games of 2002, and warriors.co.nz says he debuted against the Eels in 2002.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
Sorry Te Kaha

1. Ivan Cleary (Captain)
2. Henry Fa’afili
3. Vinnie Anderson
4. Clinton Toopi
5. Francis Meli
6. Motu Tony
7. Lance Hohaia
8. Richard Villasanti
9. Jeremiah Pai
10. Mark Tookey
11. Logan Swann
12. Wairangi Koopu
13. Sione Faumuina
15. Justin Morgan
16. David Myles
17. Karl Te Mata
20. Iafeta Palea’aesina
23. Evarn Tuimavavae

Made his debut at hooker v Wests Tigers last game of season 2002.

Seems he is a bit of a utility - centre, lock, 5/8, hooker. Could play a similar role to Dunley if the need arises.

I misread, I thought you were talking about this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
eels2win said:
actually, nrl.com says he played the last 2 games of 2002, and warriors.co.nz says he debuted against the Eels in 2002.

He made his debut in the 26-10 loss off the bench - played the last two games starting at hooker in the last.

The Tigers game was the one where they had the post try "photo" taken by the trainer and one of the Warriors players can be seen doing rabbit ears over the back of one of the Tigers players before being told off - funny stuff.

The Colonel

Immortal
southern warrior said:
the warriors keep the best local juniors and pai just hasn't cut it over the last 12 months

Thats why they kept Solomona, Vaealiki, Nigel Vagana, Galuvao, Rauhihi, The Paul brothers, Vainikolo, Joe Vagana, Logan Swann, Dallas Rennie......

True they are getting better but they let too many go early that they should have kept.....

Have a good read of a book called Beleaguered - The rise and Fall of the Warriors.....

Nikki

Coach
He is a pretty good player from what I have heard. I am actually friends with his cousin and a lot of his family back in NZ are Parra fans.

Stagger eel

Staff member
umm!! qick question. Why hasn't the club confirmed his signing?? or hasn't that three month cooling off period passed??

Nikki

Coach
eelavation said:
umm!! qick question. Why hasn't the club confirmed his signing?? or hasn't that three month cooling off period passed??

C'mon, you know our club. They will tell us he is playing after he has played about 10 games for us... I wasnt convinced we had signed him coz I hadnt heard anything in the media so I rang my friend straight away and she confirmed it for me and told me he was very excited about playing for us.

PB

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Any relation to big Deano? ;-)

No, but he may be related to Apple...... #-o :lol:

Seriously though. He sounds like he will be a better back up centre than Tonga was, who was great in Div1 but unfortunately stunk a little bit in 1sts. So this is a gain i guess.