What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

FROSTY319

Juniors
This guy doesn't impress me at all. Happy to hear he pushed the ref in the back and we won't see him again for awhile.
Hopefully Timmy can come back and create some more opportunities for us next week.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Totally agree, it's not that he's pathetic, it's just he doesn't offer enough attacking wise, the same could be said with Reddy.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
To me, jeremy still looks nervous, i dunno if thats how he always plays, but he just doesnt look settled at all, there has been plenty of chargedowns because he looks like he isnt confident to decide exactly what to do

He also just doesnt possess any flair, hes kicking game isnt good enough to make up for the fact he just isnt that creative

Jeremy is solid enough, but for the halfback role, we need more then just solid

jayman

Juniors
delaney reddy smith are rubbish...

i was so shattered.. i sat in pavilion in the city.. shattered

close to tears.. went and got sh*t faced...hence me writing this sh*t now

i cant believe it.. yesterday i bought.. a parra beanie.. scarf and parra pillow for my parra bedspread.. and no iam not 10 yrs old... but iam addicted to them...

my mates thought someone had died in my family after we lossed.. i was shattered.. still am.. that penalty.. foward pass.. god damn it.. sean u wa*ker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Well I wanted to do alot more than shove that stupid arsehole Hampstead after that effort. Two weeks in a row now he's cost us, I said earlier in the week there mustn't have been much thought put into the decision to appoint him for this game and it would appear that was the case. He is the worst referee in Rugby League, he's always been close to it but after the past two weeks he owns the title, well and truly.

As for Jeremy.. well he's hopeless, there's nothing more you can say. Tim Smith has to save us if we want to avoid the spoon. People may question all the foward passes he makes but at least he is creative which is alot more than you can say about Jeremy. I can't believe they wanted Jeremy for the test in April, yuck.

Note to Fitzy: PLEASE sign Mathew Head and Jamie Lyon, who cares about the rest of the nuffies we have off contract just get these blokes signed up!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i agree j smith is solid but he will never win you a game t smith makes mistakes but can win you a game.smith should be suspended for not punching hampstead instead

strider

Post Whore
Can we please NOT turn jeremy smith into the new #1 bashing boy?

No one did anything creative last night, fullstop end of story - not us and not stg ... it was bloody shocking conditions.

But both teams had a good kicking game in the wet to try and get the ball down the other end and defend - and jeremy was one of our kickers doing that - that was his job for the night and since stg didn't have a sh*tload of opportunities to score, then I think he did a pretty decent job of it.

Maybe he's not all creative, but he was seen by JT as the best from PL to step up to that position when it made itself available and since JT has coached those guys a bit I respect his decision.

Pazza

First Grade
Without TS our handling has improved but our attack has been very stale. Timmy needs to come back into gradde and start with the basics and let it role on from there.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Timmy's kicking game in ressies in greasy conditions was outstanding last night, as was his selective passing in tricky conditions. If he plays firsts we win last night, i have no doubts (but i know hindsight is a wonderful thing etc..)

Jeremy Smith as a half back is hopelss. He is indecisive. He does absolutley no organising. He just stands on the field and if the play comes his way he deals with it. Doesnt follow the ruck or speak to his outside backs.

I was glad to see that replay of him pushing Hampstead, because it should ensure he never plays firsts again.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he doesn't have the X factor that Timmy had last year, problem is, Timmy doesn't have it this year either

spiderdan

Bench
jeremy smith is a very good player but in my opinion is not a first grade halfback.

i have no problem with him playing firsts at pivot but he doesn't offer enough in the #7.

he wont be in firsts for a while though.

Parraren

Bench
spiderdan said:
jeremy smith is a very good player but in my opinion is not a first grade halfback.

i have no problem with him playing firsts at pivot but he doesn't offer enough in the #7.

he wont be in firsts for a while though.

Yeah he looks better suited to 5/8 from what i've seen of him.

I think he played his best game for us at 5/8 against the Tigers.

Iafeta

Referee
Put him to five eighth.

I've watched the bloke in reggies, he's got a load of time there, a lot of creativity, and a well thought out kicking game.

It's hard to judge anyone on last's night game given the weather and what not, I think Parramatta should definitely perservere growing him into a #6. He's got a lot of talent, and to expect him to put it altogether fairly well straight away after years in the reggies is a little bit over the top really.

eel4life

Juniors
Best thing he did last night was to push hamstead, now we wont have to sit through his terrible desicion making, he has not got the game to play in first grade, 2nd half kicking game against the roosters and last night proved it.

Tim Smith would of at least help us with his short kicking game.

Anyways doesnt really matter, the score was 8 - 1 that was our season last night, only good thing was that we were in the game for the whole 80 and again the usual suspects did their best.

We Need a miracle to make it now, and sadly that miracle wont come, this feels worse than 2001 to me because Hindmarsh i fear will never win a premiership thats the only thing i am so upset about.

True EEL

Bench
although J Smith tries hard he is indecisive and ineffective and needs to >>>> regardless of his pending suspension for the unfortunate "incident"

T Smith needs to <<<<< straight away.....enough said

Hampstead - complete idiot who obviously enjoys his reputation for being NO: 1 ref in Rugby League for giving away the fewest penalties at the sacrafice of the speed of the modern game because he allows players to lay on the tackled player in the ruck for what seems like an eternity without giving a penalty

Delaney - must go now, please come back Ben Smith

Joel Reddy - am willing to give him more time, but he is also close

Dean Widders - he must be close to being dropped and i love Deano

need another legit prop off the bench, can anyone say Tsoulos????

Nikki

Coach
This is the point I dont get with the whole Hampstead pushing incident. Now I dont know if anyone else watchin on tele noticed it but im sure this is what happened.

Touchy comes in to talk to Hampstead. Hampstead starts screaming that the game is not over and trying to call players back. Turns around and tells the Channel 9 camera man to get stuffed. Finally gets J Smith and Hindy back where the Touchy tells Hampstead that after the scrum, J Smith shoved him in the back. Hampsteads response "I didnt see that". WTF?? He was behind you so of course you didnt see it. And secondly whilst not seeing it, wouldnt he have felt it??? lol. Useless.