What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey

Chimp

Juniors
I votes for Number 3 but Iike 1 as well

View attachment 56127
If I’m thinking for myself and what I’d want to wear, it would be a B for me…. For an alternative jersey, I like the simple approach of keeping the same jersey just with reverse colours…
That being said, I get that these types of alternative jersey are usually about selling heaps to raise funds - so happy to go with something a bit ‘different’ that might appeal to the kids.
I do still like the idea of having a special jersey every 2 or 3 years that is in some way a commemorative jersey linked to a player of note from our history - a special design, maybe linked to the shirt from their era that most people would picture them in, a design that the player himself (or his family if the player is sadly no longer with us) has been involved in the design process, a commemorative patch with their name, some club stats etc - make it a real collectors item. Then they become jerseys that stand out in history… The 2022 Steve Rogers Jersey, 2025 ET Jersey, 2028 Tommy Bishop Jersey, 2032 Paul Gallen Jersey etc…. Think they’d sell like hot cakes, and have real meaning….

Frenzy.

Immortal
If I’m thinking for myself and what I’d want to wear, it would be a B for me…. For an alternative jersey, I like the simple approach of keeping the same jersey just with reverse colours…
That being said, I get that these types of alternative jersey are usually about selling heaps to raise funds - so happy to go with something a bit ‘different’ that might appeal to the kids.
I do still like the idea of having a special jersey every 2 or 3 years that is in some way a commemorative jersey linked to a player of note from our history - a special design, maybe linked to the shirt from their era that most people would picture them in, a design that the player himself (or his family if the player is sadly no longer with us) has been involved in the design process, a commemorative patch with their name, some club stats etc - make it a real collectors item. Then they become jerseys that stand out in history… The 2022 Steve Rogers Jersey, 2025 ET Jersey, 2028 Tommy Bishop Jersey, 2032 Paul Gallen Jersey etc…. Think they’d sell like hot cakes, and have real meaning….

Not a bad notion but as you mentioned the appeal to kids to do you think kids in 2032 will give a rat's about P Gallen? Kids in 2028 would think WTF to a T Bishop jersey I would think.

I like the idea in terms of targetting adults more that the usual audience.

We'll all have to chip in to get Old Quigs a T Bishop jersey. Jerseys will be $300 by 2028 :)

Frenzy.

Immortal
B won out of the charity vote

Meh. That was my last choice. If there had of been 5 other choices may still well have been my last choice LOL

I don't like when black is a secondary shade on a white primary shade. Detracts from the overall look as the black is the focus.

Analysis over

Frailty

First Grade
Has anyone seen the new jerseys in the flesh? I'm really interested to see how the 'woven silicone' badges look - I'm concerned that they will look like stickers on the jersey.

Craigshark

First Grade
Has anyone seen the new jerseys in the flesh? I'm really interested to see how the 'woven silicone' badges look - I'm concerned that they will look like stickers on the jersey.

I was worried also. I saw them in person though and they really aren’t as bad as I thought they’d look.

Green_

Juniors
I've heard a whisper that 'Classic Sportswear' have signed on to be our apparel partner from 2023 onwards. If true, big downgrade IMO

Latest posts