What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

The Great Dane

First Grade
Nah its a leopard... jaguars have a more unique spot pattern it generally has a larger circle with a black dot at the centre, leopards are just the circle... but yeah not sure if red is the color to associate leopards, i would have thought yellow, tan or orange, even gold perhaps
Leopard
View attachment 68158
Jaguar
View attachment 68159
The difference in the shape of their spots is only obvious in the larger spots on the back and flanks, which aren't visible in the image on the jersey.

The shape of it's head and ears look much more like a jaguar than a leopard, but that could just be because the image is distorted on the jersey. It also doesn't help that it's in black and white.

I loved the fact they went so far as to get a Saffar guide to explain it is a leopard in the logo/pattern.
Geez twitter must be brutal for sports brands
Can only imagine what the dolphins had to go thru with their jersey designs/colors
For some reason that site won't open for me, but it's kind of telling to me that they got a guide to confirm that it's a leopard instead of a zoologist...

BTW, get a load of the first image that comes up when you search 'jaguar stock image', and take a look at those spots on it's back lol-

wild-jaguar-cat-isolated-white-running-toward-camera-his-ferocious-look-pointing-photographer-61377205.jpg

When you reverse google search it every hit is articles about jaguars, including the South American WWF page on jaguars. In other words that's definitely a jaguar lol.

That's got to be up there as one of the biggest, and most hilarious, f**kups RL history.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
The difference in the shape of their spots is only obvious in the larger spots on the back and flanks, which aren't visible in the image on the jersey.

The shape of it's head and ears look much more like a jaguar than a leopard, but that could just be because the image is distorted on the jersey. It also doesn't help that it's in black and white.

For some reason that site won't open for me, but it's kind of telling to me that they got a guide to confirm that it's a leopard instead of a zoologist...

BTW, get a load of the first image that comes up when you search 'jaguar stock image', and take a look at those spots on it's back lol-

wild-jaguar-cat-isolated-white-running-toward-camera-his-ferocious-look-pointing-photographer-61377205.jpg

When you reverse google search it every hit is articles about jaguars, including the South American WWF page on jaguars. In other words that's definitely a jaguar lol.

That's got to be up there as one of the biggest, and most hilarious, f**kups RL history.
Yep well now you can see those spots on its side on that pic, you definitely know the difference, i was only going off the jersey pic, and there wasn't any jaguar type spots to decern, plus it just looked small like a leopard would be, going of the stock pic you can see its an actual jaguar, bwahahaha funny f**kas

Tigers1986

Juniors
lmao the picture is literally a jaguar, and they ripped it from a stock photo.

The name change, logo change, jersey change, has all been an absolute comedic disaster. Oh my goodness. The little Wigan outlet is going to head straight back with a whimper and a purr.

MugaB

Coach
Are you sure it's not a Jaguar?
View attachment 68178
83a5648e-ffa8-4f35-8384-339f6a952387_text.gif
Hehehe, wery funny stuff, imagine a team called the hedgehogs, and the owner screenprints a pic of an echidna...

They were better off calling themselves the Leigh Panthers, as they could have done all this without the scrutiny, and colors would have been better suited too

yakstorm

First Grade
So what's the bet that Leigh hasn't purchased the correct licence for the stock photo and will be forced to stop wearing the jersey halfway through the season?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So am I missing something, since when have they become the Leopards?

They get promoted to the Super League, rebrand themselves and come up with that?? Wow lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
So am I missing something, since when have they become the Leopards?

They get promoted to the Super League, rebrand themselves and come up with that?? Wow lol
Have you been following their owners exploits? Its to be expected!
The sooner they are down and Toulouse are back up the better for the game in Europe!

Perth Red

Post Whore
The 2023 three Hull KR kit line up. We may produce another special edition for a charity or something during the season. I'll be picking up the Qlnd inspired one at Xmas when I'm back, looks nice and I can where it at Origin next time its in Perth :)
Being able to change sponsors brand colours to fit the kit colours makes a massive difference to the final look of a kit.

hkrshirts20223.jpg

yakstorm

First Grade
The 2023 three Hull KR kit line up. We may produce another special edition for a charity or something during the season. I'll be picking up the Qlnd inspired one at Xmas when I'm back, looks nice and I can where it at Origin next time its in Perth :)
Being able to change sponsors brand colours to fit the kit colours makes a massive difference to the final look of a kit.

View attachment 68202
Super League, IMO, allow for too many sponsors on their kits, but executions like Hull's show it is still possible to produce a great kit.

Butterbeanz

Juniors
Super League, IMO, allow for too many sponsors on their kits, but executions like Hull's show it is still possible to produce a great kit.
I think what throws me off about SL kits is the placement of the Super League logo in comparison to NRL. That’s what makes it feel even heavier on sponsorship logos

parrawentyfan

Juniors
The

View attachment 68202
The kits all look fantastic.

Unfortunately it looks like 3 different clubs.

MugaB

Coach
yeh who'd have thought an alternate kit would be, well alternate colours lol.
Thats why i think its weird, an alternate kit, to me is still using the brand and colors, but doing something different with them to contrast the home kit... the ESL just do whatever, there's no reason for it, like the Hull qld jersey wtf is that, did they wear maroon against qld one time? If so what did qld wear?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats why i think its weird, an alternate kit, to me is still using the brand and colors, but doing something different with them to contrast the home kit... the ESL just do whatever, there's no reason for it, like the Hull qld jersey wtf is that, did they wear maroon against qld one time? If so what did qld wear?
Usually the teams have an alternate kit colour that totally contrasts to the home kit, you know to avoid colour clashes :)
Traditionally for Hull KR our away kit has featured blue.
ETuGDyCXsAAoj6l (2).jpg

The Queensland design is a 40 yr celebration one commemorating the infamous game in 1983 when HKR beat the touring Queensland state side. Infamous for the niggle and fights and that famous punch!

The Qlnd hooker had been a niggling sht all game and Mark Broadhurst finally decided he'd had enough!

Latest posts