What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets Press Release

Bluebag

Juniors
Bluebag wishes to announce that he will be going to lunch shortly and am currently in talks with a number of food outlets and will confirm shortly my preferred menu.

Is that better Fanny.

Please advise as to what the out come was of the talks with the various food outlets.
Will there need to be further talks in the future?

Bluebag

Juniors
Bluebag wishes to advise that the talks were fruitless(no pun intended) but we have all agreed to postpone our discussions until another time in the near future. Word unfortunately leaked of my talks and a number of interested outlets decided to withdraw from the meeting thinking I was playing them off. I will in future no make an more premature press releases until I conclude my discussions and ensure a more financially and tasteful outcome.

2 True Blues

Coach
So what did ya have Bluebag, the suspense is killin me !!!! Yet I am as usual, still in the dark.........

it seems a shame that your taking the p1ss out of a subjet that is no laguhing matter. the club needs to bild a more professionl approch to its comminication with the outside world.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
not keen on doug said:
it seems a shame that your taking the p1ss out of a subjet that is no laguhing matter. the club needs to bild a more professionl approch to its comminication with the outside world.

Christ it sounds like we're livin in a cave!!!!!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Well my point actually was that we STILL can't find anything out. Even what he fricken had for lunch remains a secret squirral affair....LOL.............so what chance any decent news !!??!!.

I have been trying to find out who is retained for next season from the current ( last seasons squad )........Unfortunately I have Buckleys as usual. Surely that is no secret.....and it is a subject worthy of discussion that I am sure many fans would be interested in..

2 True Blues

Coach
Andrew LeBRETON, Frank SAMIA, John SINISA, Thommas GEMMEL, ( The list goes on )

What players are retained from the Jim Beam Cup squad. ??????

Bluebag

Juniors
Nothing actually so Jeffles you are wrong, I only eat Henson Hotdogs. This is called taking the piss and why because according to Fanny and those who think along those lines we should make announcements aboutwhat is being discussed in confidence. Nor will the club make player announcements until players actually put pen to paper several of this years players have had offers from other clubs and if and when they resign it will be published not speculation but signed sealed and delivered.True it is off season and we would all like to chew over who is signed and leaving but until they do put pen to paper we cant say anything. If Fanny was doing the releases though the world would know what we were up to and that is when thing go snafu.

Bluebag

Juniors
Newtown cannot offer players big contracts like other clubs and many players take their time before putting pen to paper and until we can offer signons this will continue. So my suggestion if you all want to help pay a player sign on support club fund raisers ie the golf day, sponsor a player or organise your own events to raise the funds to sign a player, and they aint cheap.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Think of the days when blokes would have played for the sheer recognition of wearing that mighty bluebag jersey!!! and nothing else.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Bluebag said:
according to Fanny and those who think along those lines we should make announcements aboutwhat is being discussed in confidence.

you are sooo thick.obviously by august 5 the pen had been put to paper.thats why to roosters announced it.don't give me drivel about ongoing negotiations.it was good enough for the chooks to inform there fans.again u r being an apologist 4 bumpergd and the rest of your cronies.

what do i think u had for lunch? whatever bumpergd told u to say u had.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Whilst listed on the web site I think the club could/should have put out an email re Frank Hyde's current ill health! Frank is indeed a grand Gentleman and he is without doubt a fine example of the type of Australian we unfortunately do not see anymore! A magnificent generation! All the very best Frank.

Jeffles

Bench
newtownbluebags said:
Whilst listed on the web site I think the club could/should have put out an email re Frank Hyde's current ill health! Frank is indeed a grand Gentleman and he is without doubt a fine example of the type of Australian we unfortunately do not see anymore! A magnificent generation! All the very best Frank.

Maybe. I'd have gone either way. On one hand you raise a good point. On the other hand it may be a bit offputting to big-note yourself out of someones poor health.

That's all academic. I join you in wishing him a speedy recovery and good health.