What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets vs Magpies - 11 August, 2007

Noticed this on the Maggies forum.

Great work by both clubs.

By mutual agreement with Mr Barry Vining President of the Newtown Jets, the Western Suburbs club has agreed to transfer its home match in Round 22 against the Newtown Jets from the Telstra Stadium to Henson Park on Saturday, 11 August, 2007 with kickoff to be 3.00pm.

This arrangement will be mutually beneficial to both clubs. Thanks to Newtown's support Tom Raudonikis will be present for the clash between these two great clubs for the cup named in his honour.

The Magpies Flegg side will get their chance to play before a big crowd by replacing the Premier League side as the curtain raiser to the Wests Tigers Round 22 NRL match against the Roosters on Friday August 10. The Magpies are also playing the Roosters.

Get along to Henson Park for one of the best days in football - the Magpies v the Jets!

koslecki said:
wonder how much that cost the club!!

but it is good news to get another home game!! go the jets

Sharon, why can't you say something positive?

I believe this game was going to be played at Stadium Australia/Telstra/Homebush, so how would this cost the club money? Would we have to compenstate the Maggies?

2 True Blues

Coach
koslecki said:
wonder how much that cost the club!!

but it is good news to get another home game!! go the jets

Have you actually been following the Jets throughout their premier league entry in year 2000. Obviously not. !!!

Maggies transfering a game to Henson has been happening for several seasons now. It's not a NEW occurance .

I think it's great as Wests at Henson is always a good thing in my book. The Jets would probably get the proceeds from clothes and merchandise sales. Dont know how they would pay Wests ( if that be the case. ) half of the entry and food sales, who knows ????

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
wests.jpg

:lol:

Dallas

Juniors
Hey guys,

Yes its another good move.

I wouldnt worry too much about the cost of things Newtown, you have that on my authority.

We have moved this match for a few years, and its because your team doesnt field a Jersey Flegg team. The hassle with that is that if its our home match (not before Wests Tigers), then we would only play one match, and Campbelltown Stadium doesnt come cheap.

Of course, this year it was to be prior to the Wests Tigers, but regardless, I think its a very good move and something your team should well support.

Looking forward to the day, and hope to meet some of you at the ground. Ill be there with a Black and White striped Flag, somewhere on the Hill.

Oh, and I look forward to carrying away 2 points :lol:

Dallas

Dallas said:
Hey guys,

Yes its another good move.

I wouldnt worry too much about the cost of things Newtown, you have that on my authority.

We have moved this match for a few years, and its because your team doesnt field a Jersey Flegg team. The hassle with that is that if its our home match (not before Wests Tigers), then we would only play one match, and Campbelltown Stadium doesnt come cheap.

Of course, this year it was to be prior to the Wests Tigers, but regardless, I think its a very good move and something your team should well support.

Looking forward to the day, and hope to meet some of you at the ground. Ill be there with a Black and White striped Flag, somewhere on the Hill.

Oh, and I look forward to carrying away 2 points :lol:

Dallas
Dallas,
Newtown have/will financially compensate West for their generous gesture.

lets not let the truth hamper your spin.

as has been the case in previous years.

2 True Blues said:
Have you actually been following the Jets throughout their premier league entry in year 2000. Obviously not. !!!

Maggies transfering a game to Henson has been happening for several seasons now. It's not a NEW occurance .

I think it's great as Wests at Henson is always a good thing in my book. The Jets would probably get the proceeds from clothes and merchandise sales. Dont know how they would pay Wests ( if that be the case. ) half of the entry and food sales, who knows ????
As a matter of fact, west get compensated for the transfer of the game.

do you know what you are talking about? Obviously not!!!

if you are so worried about the well being of Newtown, why is it that you get to Henson park earlier than the gate staff??? it only cost $8.00 entry!!!

you sit on the hill as if you are the queen of Henson Park!!!

bluebag43

Juniors
GA If your talking about 2TB not financially supporting the Club on games days, then you are wrong! I believe you will find he has a season pass or similiar arrangement!

2 True Blues

Coach
Whats this baffoon talking about anyway. ??? Maybe he means me mum....LOL...

Then he throws a post by me back in which I am suggesting they probably get compensated for the transfer, "West get compensated for the transfer of the game ". No farkin sh*t sherlock, thats what I was saying in the first place.

But I tell you what. Next time on the Hill at Henson come on over and have a chat you little flea.

2 True Blues

Coach
bluebag43 said:
GA If your talking about 2TB not financially supporting the Club on games days, then you are wrong! I believe you will find he has a season pass or similiar arrangement!

The Girl/Guy ( whoever they are ) obviously has me mixed up with someone else BB43. :crazy:

2 True Blues said:
Whats this baffoon talking about anyway. ??? Maybe he means me mum....LOL...

Then he throws a post by me back in which I am suggesting they probably get compensated for the transfer, "West get compensated for the transfer of the game ". No farkin sh*t sherlock, thats what I was saying in the first place.

But I tell you what. Next time on the Hill at Henson come on over and have a chat you little flea.
I agree with the fact west get compensated you idiot,

and yes I will come over and see you on the hill you magot!

2 True Blues said:
You certainly have some mental issues.
you call me a flea, then ask me to "come have a chat"

now that I give a little back you sh*t yourself and tell me i ahve mental issues.

be a man and dont run away after speaking your piece, only cowards do that! you grub

greg

Juniors
THEGROUNDANNOUNCER said:
you call me a flea, then ask me to "come have a chat"

now that I give a little back you sh*t yourself and tell me i ahve mental issues.

be a man and dont run away after speaking your piece, only cowards do that! you grub

:crazy:

Latest posts