What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

Rise_Above13

Juniors
Erina v Windsor got washed out on the weekend... reserves drew 28 all.

the match has been rescheduled to this sunday at 7pm at Windsor, also with Erina A grade playing Woy Woy A grade...

Nfed

Juniors
Belrose

Gains - Jim Curtis (Manly), Nathan Hollingsworth (Connecticut, USA), Bryan Dickson (North Ryde), Shannon Cameron (Newtown)

Losses - Todd Barrow (Manly), Dean Loder (Chester Hill), Conrad Takimeoka (North Sydney), Franco Kmet (Workington Town, UK)

Nfed said:
Belrose

Gains - Jim Curtis (Manly), Nathan Hollingsworth (Connecticut, USA), Bryan Dickson (North Ryde), Shannon Cameron (Newtown)

Losses - Todd Barrow (Manly), Dean Loder (Chester Hill), Conrad Takimeoka (North Sydney), Franco Kmet (Workington Town, UK)

Is this Nathan Hollingsworth an actual American RL player signed from the AMNRL (which would be fantastic) or is it the same Nathan Hollingsworth who played briefly for Manly a couple of years back?

chester

Juniors
Yes it is Nathan who previously played at several NRL clubs one being Manly,he had a stint in the USA.

Spike

First Grade
I think he had stints with parra and wests at some stage and maybe canberra

Nfed

Juniors
Trials this weekend:

2/3
Triangular trial at Windsor (40 mins each)
Windsor vs Sydney Bulls 7pm
Bulls vs Erina 7.50pm
Windsor vs Erina 8.40 pm
3/3
Shellharbour vs Raymond Terrace at Telsta 4.15pm
4/3
Belrose vs Mounties at Lionel Watts 3pm
Seven Hills vs Doonside at Fairfax Stadium 4pm (6x20 mins)
Asquith vs Wests P/L at TG Milner 4.30pm

the man

Juniors
can anybody tell me if Mark Horo is still coaching erina cause the word around town he is coaching St Clair in the penrith agrade comp, if he is it must mean he is going to be a busy boy doing two sides

Nfed

Juniors
Mark Horo is coaching Erina - saw him last night. Perhaps St Clair are being coached by Shane Horo. They both have played for St Clair as have the sons.

Nfed

Juniors
Results from Windsor last night:

Windsor drew with Bulls 3 tries each
Erina 5 tries beat Bulls 1 try
Erina 4 tries beat Windsor 2 tries

The Bulls and Windsor had about 30 players and Erina about 25. Windsor played 2 separate teams with about 4 backing up while the Bulls put the top team up against the Wolves. The Bulls second squad is much weaker than those of Erina and Windsor.

Sam El Masri is back with the Bulls after a 3 year absence, former JB rep player Hamilton Hughes has also been added to the squad and Gilbert Modrau (Newtown) is also trialling. All of these players are backs and the Bulls are waiting to see which forwards the Bulldogs make available. Dean Vicelich, who was 18th man for the Bulls in the grand final last year had a great game in Premier League tonight.

Lino Salafai is back at Windsor after spending the summer with Parramatta ans Richard Nimmo is back with the club after a 4 year absence from the game.

Erina look like they will be much more competitive this year but it will there will be some interesting calls for a lot of clubs when the comp starts and the teams have to comply with the points system.

Spike

First Grade
I had a run-in with Hamilton Hughes when he was playing for Newtown a couple of years ago while working in Kings Cross. Wasn't pretty - I hope he has changed his ways.

girvie

Staff member
I saw Asquith get flogged by Western Suburbs Premier League team.

I only recognised Teariki Noovao and Paul Horan from last year's squad, although there may have been more. Also Chan Ly was there but didn't play - injured. Former Canberra, Wests, Norths and Souths second rower Anthony Kiro was captain.

Best players for Asquith were Kiro and Chris Tuatara.

Leroy Houston was playing in the centres and had little impact.

Nfed

Juniors
Seven Hills beat Doonside 6 tries to 2 over 3 quarters. Doonside appear to have lost their main sponsors cause they had only 5 of their top 20 players from last year.

The extended Seven Hills squad looks something like this:

Gains:
Darren Peachey (France), Nathan McKay, Lee Cameron, Brad Clark, Rhian Gerard, Steve Bristow, Nadim Couri, Drew Guthrie, Reece Watson (Asquith), Adam Sarkis (Newtown), Tim Tobin (Wests), Ali Trad (Doonside), Steve Hales, Wes Guthrie (Cabra), Todd Fisher (Parkes), Reid Sassenberg (Penrith Bros).

Retained:
Adam Fallon, Luke Ackroyd, Shad Hayward, Dave Johanson, Josh Chaplin, Michael Learmont, Michael Kassab, Matt Kelly, Barney Haslett, Shane Thaw,

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
doonside still have their main sponsor, but i have heard that penrith has brought in a points system similar to what is used in JB cup, also alot of their players were chasing a premiership with doonside and now they have achieved that they have moved on.

Nfed said:
Seven Hills beat Doonside 6 tries to 2 over 3 quarters. Doonside appear to have lost their main sponsors cause they had only 5 of their top 20 players from last year.

The extended Seven Hills squad looks something like this:

Gains:
Darren Peachey (France), Nathan McKay, Lee Cameron, Brad Clark, Rhian Gerard, Steve Bristow, Nadim Couri, Drew Guthrie, Reece Watson (Asquith), Adam Sarkis (Newtown), Tim Tobin (Wests), Ali Trad (Doonside), Steve Hales, Wes Guthrie (Cabra), Todd Fisher (Parkes), Reid Sassenberg (Penrith Bros).

Retained:
Adam Fallon, Luke Ackroyd, Shad Hayward, Dave Johanson, Josh Chaplin, Michael Learmont, Michael Kassab, Matt Kelly, Barney Haslett, Shane Thaw,

chester

Juniors
If Doonside have lost the majority of their team from last year ,and the Demons could only post 6 tries in 60 minutes, I think it will be a long year in the Jim Beam Cup ,wins may be few and far between.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
demons were without 3 starting forwards for this game, after first 20 mins they led 4 tries to nil, after first 20 3 or 4 players came off and took no further part in the game including starting front rower, half and 5/8. Hooker shad hayward was also blindsided with a cheapshot which split him open 10 mins into first 20, he took no further part.
The remaining 40 mins was mostly players still trialling as well as A grade players.

chester said:
If Doonside have lost the majority of their team from last year ,and the Demons could only post 6 tries in 60 minutes, I think it will be a long year in the Jim Beam Cup ,wins may be few and far between.

Nfed

Juniors
Wenty

Gains: Chris Newton (Penrith), Darren Lang, Nathan McMahon (Newtown)
Losses: Luke Carr (Cabra), Ben Taia (Wests), Christian Orsini (retired), John Geeves (Windsor).

Also fringe squad member Valu Nasio is trialling with Norths after missing out at Wests,

Latest posts