What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

chester

Juniors
I have just seen in RLW that the Demons are a feeder club for the Eels , I imagine this could make a difference to the Demons each week, could be good if some good players return, or could cause problems fitting straight into the teams lineup. Can anyone tell me how this will work, how many players will be involved from Flegg or P/L .:?

girvie

Staff member
Nfed said:
Wenty

Gains: Chris Newton (Penrith), Darren Lang, Nathan McMahon (Newtown)
Losses: Luke Carr (Cabra), Ben Taia (Wests), Christian Orsini (retired), John Geeves (Windsor).

Also fringe squad member Valu Nasio is trialling with Norths after missing out at Wests,

Valu Nasio has made Norths.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The score was greater than 6 tries I'm sure of it..the demons have some very talented players at their club although players from both sides were really suffering from the heat.

btw, I notice Jimmy "Busa" Bustani playing for the Demons..he'll be very handy indeed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
chester said:
I have just seen in RLW that the Demons are a feeder club for the Eels , I imagine this could make a difference to the Demons each week, could be good if some good players return, or could cause problems fitting straight into the teams lineup. Can anyone tell me how this will work, how many players will be involved from Flegg or P/L .:?

that's a good question, I'd say there's about 6 players from both grades turning out each week depending on injury.

Nfed

Juniors
I only counted the last 3 quarters because the first 2 quarters was Demons A Grade against Doonside reserve grade. The Demons won that part 9-2.

I scored the main part 3-0, 2-2 and 1-0 but it could have been 7-2 cause one eyed demon said there were 4 tries in the first quarter.

That is very interesting about Boustani. I am sure he played for the Bulldogs Flegg against Manly on saturday night.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Roger bustani played for the demons on sunday, is this the same guy or a relative, dont know a jimmy

eelavation said:
The score was greater than 6 tries I'm sure of it..the demons have some very talented players at their club although players from both sides were really suffering from the heat.

btw, I notice Jimmy "Busa" Bustani playing for the Demons..he'll be very handy indeed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
one_eyed_demon said:
Roger bustani played for the demons on sunday, is this the same guy or a relative, dont know a jimmy

he does have a brother that looks alot like him..it could of been him.

girvie

Staff member
Mad Goanna said:
Does anyone know the Shellharbour - Raymond Terrace score??
Raymond Terrace won. I'm not sure of the score. Around 24 to 10.

girvie said:
Raymond Terrace won. I'm not sure of the score. Around 24 to 10.

It was:

Raymond Terrace 26 - Shellharbour 12.

Aside from the two trials (this one and that against Penrith Flegg) what other games have the Marlins played together since the club was created? They go into a game on 23 March having only ever played two matches together and one against a Junior Rep side? A bit of a worry for the Marlins.

chester

Juniors
I think Chester Hill and Seven Hills will be in the same position as the Marlins, new teams with very little match time to form combinations,Mounties are probably an exeption as many players from last years Windsor team are there.I have been told that the Demons only train twice a week, I believe it should be at least three times a week, there fitness will not be up to standard,also not much time for ballwork.:shock: :eek:

chester

Juniors
Rugby League Review predictions for 2007 Jim Beam Cup

1 Cabramatta
2 Bulls
3 Wentworthville
4 Mounties
5 Windsor
6 The Entrance
7 Erina
8 Belrose
9 Chester Hill
10 Shellharbour
11 Asquith
12 Seven Hills

It also said, and depending on the make up of the 2nd tier competition next year, Parramatta would probably affiliate with Mounties, that would be a kick in the teeth for Seven Hills who apparantly have been affiliated with Parra for the last two years.:eek: :shock:

Nfed

Juniors
The Bulls train twice a week and they were very close to being in 6 consecutive grand finals.

I find it hard to believe but someone told me that Cabra train 5 times a week!

Few more player movements:

Aaron Fluke from Cabra to Wenty
Dave Moore from Erina to Cabra

Advocate

Juniors
Will be interesting to see how erina shape up against lakes who are a very strong outfit up here. Last weeks trials wins over Bulls/Windsor did not really give much of an indication as players were on and off all night. Btw does anyone who was at the game know the name of the winger who scored 3 or 4 tries for erina? brilliant to watch.
I think these kids will go well this season

girvie

Staff member
Rise_Above13 said:
erina have a trail against lakes united from the newcastle comp this weekend, so keen to play!
Do you play for Lakes or Erina?

Stagger eel

Staff member
chester said:
It also said, and depending on the make up of the 2nd tier competition next year, Parramatta would probably affiliate with Mounties, that would be a kick in the teeth for Seven Hills who apparantly have been affiliated with Parra for the last two years.:eek: :shock:

I don't think Parra have a made a definitive decision as to who they'll align with, they are aware that if they choose 1 of the 4 clubs in the area that they'll be in a very awkward position with the other 3..

My tip is that the Parramatta club could spread the talent out rather than choose the one club, but i could be wrong.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
eelavation said:
I don't think Parra have a made a definitive decision as to who they'll align with, they are aware that if they choose 1 of the 4 clubs in the area that they'll be in a very awkward position with the other 3..

My tip is that the Parramatta club could spread the talent out rather than choose the one club, but i could be wrong.

yep, its what they have been doing for years now, all clubs in the parra district get offered players that don't or aren't going to get much game time.

girvie

Staff member
Can everyone post a possible team for the clubs.

Here is a possible Asquith one, although haven't heard the full squad. It looks like they could have a pretty strong pack.

1 Mark Curtis
2 ?
3 Chris Tuatara
4 ?
5 ?
6 Chris Lowe
7 Ciaran Williamson
8 Eddie Leuluai
9 Wade L'Estrange
10 Paul Horan
11 Leroy Houston
12 Anthony Kiro