What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2007 season

chester

Juniors
I have been told that Mounties have also signed Aaron Mercer from Windsor, with the nine mentioned signings I think they will be very hard to beat,and a good coach in Steve Goshn.

Nfed

Juniors
Well they must be changing the points system because that makes 78 points for 9 players but I am surprised Ghosn has taken Mercer. He is a very poor defender and in attack never fed the ball to Dan Randall, someone who can play.

Nfed

Juniors
Erina signings: David Vial (Newtown), Hayden Karena (NZ Residents), Jason Comisso, Brad Clark, Mick Mansour (Asquith), Pripi Ranga (North Sydney) and Brad Barrett (South Sydney)

girvie

Staff member
I heard that none of Newtown's Jim Beam Cup players were required for Premier League in 2007.

So they will all be at new clubs in 2007 or retiring.

Nfed

Juniors
There were not many old heads in the Newtown team so I would not expect too many retirements. I know of these movements:

Khalid Dib and Luke Millward (Sydney Bulls), Richard Parker (Cabra), Charlie Heretokukuku (Mounties), Dave Vial (Erina).

The Bulls trial against Chester Hill on 25 Feb. I expect that a few Newtown players will be with the Hornets.

Phil Takchi is the 3rd Bulls player to move to Cabra. Ryan Asplet and George Azzi have returned to the Bulls after missing 2006 and Anthony Hadley no longer has a Bulldogs contract so he will play full time with the Bulls when he recovers from his knee operation.

Dave Armitstead, who left the Windsor Wolves mid season is playing for Barrow in England.

the man

Juniors
Hey do we have a list of players that windsor and wenty have signed or retained or even lost by the looks of it Windsor might struggle next year as they dont have many good juniors coming through

Nfed

Juniors
Yeah I expect Windsor will struggle to do better than the 8th place they achieved in 2003 - the last time there were 12 teams. They have picked up 3 players from Premier League - Ryan Russell and John Russell (North Sydney) and Jason Wrigley (Penrith) but they may have to put in a few from last years Penrith flegg team and settle for a rebuilding season.

Dont worry about Wenty. They always have plenty of depth, they have won 4 consecutive A Grade premierships. They had a lot of injuries in JB in the second half of last year but the guys that came up and filled in like Walter Vaeau, Ben Taia, Tim Clayton and John Geeves all performed well. NAn example of their depth is that Netani Suka played in the Wenty 3rd grade (A reserves) in 2005 and then played Premier League for Wests in 2006.

mono_mal

Juniors
After a 4 year abscence the Guildford Owls look to return to the Jim Beam Cup in 2008 with application currently being sought and player recruitment already occuring.
Darren Seymour and Jamie Bransby are likely to remain as coaches, the same coaching staff as 2003 when the club last entered the competition.

Nfed

Juniors
Mounties play Berkeley Sports (Illawarra) at Berkeley on 24 Feb.

WA and Guildford for 2008 makes 14.

girvie

Staff member
Apparently Scott Jones, Chris Weaver, Matt Gruszka, Chris Yates are all staying with Cabramatta, as well as Casey Ellis, Francis Betham and Ross Brown who were previously mentioned.

And they have also picked up Keith Heckenberg who was playing in England and Donald Thompson from Wests Jersey Flegg. Along with the other signings mentioned it looks like they will have a very strong line-up.

1. Donald Thompson
2. Matt Gruzka
3. ?
4. Francis Betham
5. ?
6. Willie Grech
7. Adam Tippett
8. Richie Parker
9. Scott Jones
10. Chris Yates
11. Casey Ellis
12. Ross Brown
13. Phillip Takchi

14. Chris Weaver
15. Danny Sullivan
16. Keith Heckenberg
17. ?

***MH***

Bench
Does anyone know if Chester Hill will be upgrading Terry Lamb Complex to play their homegames at or will they be playing out at another location?

Nfed

Juniors
If Fluke, Burns, Alifogo and Carr are still there Cabra could pick from the following:

1 FLuke 2 Gruska 3 Burns 4 Betham 5 Alifogo 6 Grech 7 Tippett 8 Parker 9 Jones 10 Yates 11 Ellis 12 R Brown 13 Takchi 14 Weaver 15 Carr 16 Heckenberg 17 Sullivan

But I think they will have to rotate if the points system hasnt been loosened (about 108 in this list).

Expecting a huge game against the Bulls on 30 March especially with 4 Bulls in the Cabra team.

Chester Hill will be playing at Terry Lamb. They had proposed an upgrade.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I know it's very early but have there been any rumours about players shifting over to WA for their new franchise?

Coastbloke

Bench
Erina have had a couple of really good positive stories in the local rag.

They're being coached by Mark Horo (?) and have recruited well.

The Central Coast had 4 teams in the JB Cup, with Woy Woy and Ourimbah dropping out. It worked for Woy Woy because they blitzed the local comp last year.

We've still got The Entrance and Erina.

I'm hoping for a great year from both.