What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy Evans

cooba

Juniors
EVANS MOVES ON LOAN

James has joined Wakefield until the end of the season and then is expected to play in the NRL next season.

Evans is a former Canberra Raider who joined the Giants in 2004.

Giants managing Director, Richard Thewlis commented

"James joined us mid season 2004 and prior toabrief illness which set him back after the Salford cup tie had made a valuable contribution to the side, a fact which i am sure our supporters will recognise. Like all clubs we have salary cap issues to consider and a new chapter is now open for both James and ourselves".

Jimmy wants to come back to the NRL next season.
He's a great centre who was going places until his collision with a Parra goal post.

legend

Coach
Don't want him and we don't need him. These are the type of players we should be avoiding at all costs.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
Don't want him and we don't need him. These are the type of players we should be avoiding at all costs.

Agree mate ...

We tend to fill our club with an abundance of mediocre to average players ... imo this devours most of our cap leaving us very little for some real match winners.

The game is all about winning the close ones .... to that end you need the big name/occassion players.

legend

Coach
Penrith as well. Elliott loves mediocre players and is of the belief you can make a silk purse from a sows ear. ;-)

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, to be honest I never thought he was that good - even before his injury. I think he'd be a 0% chance of returning, unless he wants to play PL on a minimum contract with match payments.

thickos

First Grade
Probably just sick of England. I can see him surfing with Matt Elliott at Penrith beach in 2007 :lol:

Timbo

Staff member
*winds up*

BRING BACK EVO!!!!!

Those of you who've been here long enough (and elsewhere before here) know my wraps on Jimmy were bigger than the ones I have on Howell.

Only two concerns:

*He missed half a season from popping a rib playing with a two week old kitten.
*He was never the same post injury.

Pre-injury he was a better prospect than Phil and Monnas, IMO.

thickos

First Grade
Better than Phil???

Come on mate. Evans was a quality prospect but he was never lightning quick like Phil... and Graham has a top try-scoring strike rate that few in the NRL can match.

Timbo

Staff member
No he wasn't as fast, but he has more upper body strength than Phil and was more likely to break the line. And he was fast enough to be a damaging first grade centre.

thickos

First Grade
Nah mate in honesty I do think Evo had the right frame to be a top centre and was quite versatile as well... some guys just aren't lucky I guess.

jed

First Grade
Timbo said:
*winds up*

BRING BACK EVO!!!!!

Those of you who've been here long enough (and elsewhere before here) know my wraps on Jimmy were bigger than the ones I have on Howell.

Only two concerns:

*He missed half a season from popping a rib playing with a two week old kitten.
*He was never the same post injury.

Pre-injury he was a better prospect than Phil and Monnas, IMO.
:lol: my favorite Jimmy moment.

I never saw too much of Jimmy pre-injury, but from what I saw, he was miles ahead of Phil at the time, he could have gone on to be anything. Of course, he could just as easily have gone on to emulate Turtell for all we know.

Latest posts