What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT One-Day Cup 2018 (Sept 16 - Oct 10)

undertaker

Coach
I thought we were done with f**king Healy.

Tbh, I don't find Healy that bad.

With Heals now at Fox, that left Mark Nicholas, Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor, Kevin Pietersen and Michael Clarke as the only ones from the Ch9 stable that didn't get a gig at Ch7/Fox. After more than a decade since he joined Ch9, at least I've finally been spared of Nickelarse's adjectives and superlatives.

I don't mind Heals, Warne is really the only one I depsie on fox

Glad Slater not there, heard him at the CPL god he is worse than awefull now

This.

If only Warne had signed with Ch7, that would've been close to the perfect line-up Fox assembled. I would have no reason to tune in to Ch7 at all and be bombarded with the constant AFL references. You guys thought it was bad enough putting up with it on Ch9 (which it was)? Well, Ch7 are going to up the ante in that regard, especially towards the end of the summer with the frequent cross-promotions.

So happy Slater's gone to Ch7. It's a shame Slats has gone the way he is now because he was a good commentator when he started out during the mid 2000s in England. It seems after he joined Ch9 in 2006/07 that everything went downhill from there.

That cocksnot Healy has found his way over as well by the looks.

If it's a choice between Healy and Brayshaw/Fleming/Tim Lane and all the other AFL lackeys at Ch7, I'd prefer listen to Healy any day of the week.

Irrespective of whoever the commentators are on Ch7 or Fox, I predict that TV ratings (across both Ch7/Fox combined) will be down this year, largely due to the fall-out from the South African tour.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Game on.

Btw so glad the One Day series is back televised.

Still prefer the old format.

I don't mind the commentary, its start of a new era.

TheParraboy

Staff member
This is a rebuild season for the blues, maybe take 2 seasons to be competitive again

Doesn't help missing Smith/Warner and the Australian bowling attack

undertaker

Coach
This is a rebuild season for the blues, maybe take 2 seasons to be competitive again

Doesn't help missing Smith/Warner and the Australian bowling attack

Warner is no loss, but put Smith/Starc/Hazlewood/Cummins/Lyon in today's game and it's a case of boys playing against men, epitomised with when NSW had those players in the one-day comp after the 2015 World Cup. Smith was piling on runs and Starc was in the form of his life, unplayable in the white-ball matches (sadly he couldn't translate that scintillating form into the red-ball matches when they were needed during the Ashes tour). NSW even chased down 222 in the final with 9 wickets in hand and more than 20 overs to spare! Shows how far NSW are ahead of all the other states when each team gets to play their full-strength side like back in the days when state matches didn't clash with tests/ODIs. There was a significant drop in the number of state matches the test/ODI players participated in during Ponting's reign as test captain.

Anyway, positive from today's match, good all-round performance from Sams to win the MOTM award in a losing side, scoring 62 off 60 batting at number 8, and taking 3 wickets with the ball.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
SA won toss and sent the blues in at the WACA

Expecting 100 plus more runs than last effort as wicket should be flatter and drier from couple days back.

Latest posts