What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT One-Day Cup 2018 (Sept 16 - Oct 10)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Each state plays 3 games only before the finals, no CA XI this time around

NSW play all their 3 games in Sydney
Victoria Sept 23rd
Tasmania Sept 25th
QLD Oct 1st

Final in Melbourne Oct 10

www.espncricinfo.com/scores/series/8626/season/2018/jlt-one-day-cup

Good news, Chris Lynn looking to ty and make the World cup and will play in this series
This will be huge for us if he can get there. We need some punch in the top 4

www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24230671/chris-lynn-takes-queensland-road-world-cup

Chris Lynn will play domestic limited-overs matches for Queensland for the first time in five years as part of his bid to play a part in Australia's 2019 ODI World Cup campaign following his recovery from a longstanding shoulder problem.

Not since 2013 has Lynn turned out for the Bulls in the 50-over tournament which is now played as a brief, pre-season affair due to the pre-eminence of the Twenty20 Big Bash League in the prime months of summer. Lynn's previous selections for Australia in the 50-over format, playing one match in 2017 and then being picked in the ODI squad to face England at home earlier this year then ruled out through injury, have been based on his T20 showings alone.

However, the new Australian coach and selector Justin Langer made it clear that performances in state-based competitions will assume renewed importance, and Lynn will duly return to Queensland ranks, having signed a contract for the 2018-19 summer. This contract is also intended to cover the Sheffield Shield, but it is unlikely that Lynn will turn out in the first-class competition

Eelectrica

Referee
No wonder we're slipping in the world in ODI's. 3 games + a couple more in the finals. So maybe 3-6 interstate ODI's in a year.

Stick a fork in us we're done.

We need to get back to integrating the ODI comp into the shield comp. Maybe play the odi game first then the shield game on the days after.
They could still do this pre-season thing as an intro and continue it on.
We were kings of the world for years with that system in place. Undefeated in two straight world cups.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I liked the idea of it being a pre-season carnival. Most ODI series are played as tournaments in short periods of time.

I thought they had the right idea with it taking place over a month in Sydney. Use five grounds, some games day/night, some games daytime. Have it as a round-robin so there was a minimum six games per side (I'd get rid of the CA XI though and let the Comets back in). Or, have a ten match tournament - no reason why there can't be more than one match per day. It's only 30 matches in a home/away round robin. You can smash that out in 20 days then have a top 3 finals system.

Nobody gives a shit about this tournament anyway, it's not like it's important that teams keep home games at home for gate takings anyway. It's about maximising the amount of 50 over cricket these blokes play to increase quality.

But it's CA - they just can't help but f**k with something until it's completely buggered.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nobody gives a shit about this tournament anyway,

come on mate

not to JL

However, the new Australian coach and selector Justin Langer made it clear that performances in state-based competitions will assume renewed importance

Eelectrica

Referee
we are gunning for t20 supremacy and domination
If that doesn't work out we could always try for 100 ball cricket or T-5 or Powerball cricket.

If all else fails we make some other rule up and try to dominate at that.

How about a new rule that sixes can only be hit on Sunday, also spin bowlers can only bowl on Friday. Call it big ball cricket.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
If that doesn't work out we could always try for 100 ball cricket or T-5 or Powerball cricket.

If all else fails we make some other rule up and try to dominate at that.

How about a new rule that sixes can only be hit on Sunday, also spin bowlers can only bowl on Friday. Call it big ball cricket.

Call it Topball?

I'll see myself out.

No wonder we're slipping in the world in ODI's. 3 games + a couple more in the finals. So maybe 3-6 interstate ODI's in a year.

Stick a fork in us we're done.

We need to get back to integrating the ODI comp into the shield comp. Maybe play the odi game first then the shield game on the days after.
They could still do this pre-season thing as an intro and continue it on.
We were kings of the world for years with that system in place. Undefeated in two straight world cups.
I am all for integrating both competitions. It worked fine once. No reason why it wont again. CA has whittled down this ODD tournament more each year. Three games? May not have it at all. There is one upside to this.The shortened ODD will allow for more red ball games prep for the India Test series.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if you wanna watch it in 4K it will set you back an extra $55 per month, as long as you have an IQ3, if not you have to upgrade then pay an extra $55 a month

f**k Foxtel, I can barely notice any difference between normal and HD anyway

TheParraboy

Staff member
if you wanna watch it in 4K it will set you back an extra $55 per month, as long as you have an IQ3, if not you have to upgrade then pay an extra $55 a month

f**k Foxtel, I can barely notice any difference between normal and HD anyway

We upgraded to IQ3 about 3 months ago as we moved house, One of the pitches was you can save multiple programs and still watch another,

Well after 6 weeks we get fault f1010, can’t get to work what we recorded, and can’t record either. Went on line and it’s a common problem. Of course about this time they were advertising IQ4.