What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan

The General

Juniors
Out of all the rejects picked, his selection was one of the stupidest. How they couldn't find a better winger than this nuffy is ridiculous. The only conceivable excuse could have been to put him in there to stop Folau off bombs but he wasn't even playing on his side.

I'd especially love to hear from Raiders fans who absolutely gave it to Idris for his defense in game 1. Please give us a run down of the supeerb defensive skills this redheaded genius showed tonight.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't know if you noticed, but every single NSW threequarter rushed in at every opportunity tonight.

It was clearly some kind of f**ked up game plan from Bellamy that backfired. Spectacularly. He's usually a much better defender, as are the others who were continually caught out tonight.

Out of all the rejects picked, his selection was one of the stupidest. How they couldn't find a better winger than this nuffy is ridiculous. The only conceivable excuse could have been to put him in there to stop Folau off bombs but he wasn't even playing on his side.

I'd especially love to hear from Raiders fans who absolutely gave it to Idris for his defense in game 1. Please give us a run down of the supeerb defensive skills this redheaded genius showed tonight.

I take it you didn't notice the other three edge defenders either??? That would be because they were just as non-existant you f**ktard....

mrpwnd

Bench
monoghan was absolute sh*t tonight. Don't even try to defend it.
His sh*tness overpowered the sh*tness of every player in the NSW team. Heck, you geniuss thought Hayne was a myth because he was bad in his right wing defense... f**k me at least he was there to tackle Boyd if he made a break. Monoghan was dead set nowhere near making any contact with his opp

Bazal

Post Whore
Monaghan was MIA but you can't blame him for the edge defence...every geniused back seemed to fly in at every opportunity, Christ knows why...

skeepe

Immortal
Monaghan was MIA but you can't blame him for the edge defence...every geniused back seemed to fly in at every opportunity, Christ knows why...

I can only think it was the game plan from the coach.

Honestly, have you ever seen any of those players, Monaghan, Scott, Cooper or Morris, rush in like that for their clubs?

Very, very rarely if ever.

Eels Dude

Coach
First try was unforgiveable. He was 20 metres in field and rushing up for a one on one hit. Hit the tone for the rest of the night... The other winger and centres did the same thing though but Monas was by far the best example of what a winger should never do.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Honestly, have you ever seen any of those players, Monaghan, Scott, Cooper or Morris, rush in like that for their clubs?

That was under 12's sh*t, if they was the plan it was the biggest fail in Origin history.

skeepe

Immortal
That was under 12's sh*t, if they was the plan it was the biggest fail in Origin history.

Given that it came from the biggest failure of a coach in Origin history, it wouldn't surprise me.

I mean, this is the guy who demanded Steve Turner be selected, and surely has to be the only reason Brett White keeps getting a run.

Bazal

Post Whore
First try was unforgiveable. He was 20 metres in field and rushing up for a one on one hit. Hit the tone for the rest of the night... The other winger and centres did the same thing though but Monas was by far the best example of what a winger should never do.

What do you want him to do though? Beau Scott was practically kissing the goal posts he was that far in, Monas either rushes in and tries to stop the movement, or stays out and watches them stroll over 20m infield.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I any raiders fan tries to defend Monaghan it just proves they are beyond biased. He was the worst of an absolute rubble tonight

Kiki

First Grade

i agree with this 100%. never seen any of those boys play like that before, i was shocked.

eventho he passed his fitness test, Monas still has a bad thumb/hand and i think that affected him tonite.

skeepe

Immortal
I any raiders fan tries to defend Monaghan it just proves they are beyond biased. He was the worst of an absolute rubble tonight

Kurt Gidley makes a grand total of 7 metres, multiple f**k ups that lead to a number of tries, yet Monaghan was the worst?

I'm not trying to defend Monaghan, I certainly don't think he should be there for game 3, but there were worse players out there.

mrpwnd

Bench
Geez, his bad thumb acted up and made him run 20m in for a non-existent intercept?
But watching Mona in club footy...I've never seen him do that kind of sh*t, same with Morris, Coops and Scott. What did Bellamy do to ruin those 4 blokes that play great week in week out?

Eels Dude

Coach
What do you want him to do though? Beau Scott was practically kissing the goal posts he was that far in, Monas either rushes in and tries to stop the movement, or stays out and watches them stroll over 20m infield.

Stay on your man. A winger should be 20 metres in field. Him going so far infield and rushing up also was just asking for a try to be scored.

Bazal

Post Whore
He was pretty much 1 against 4....he could have stayed on his man and they'd have still waltzed over. Wingers are damned if they do and damned if they don't half the time, deadset

:lol: So the other backs were better? FMD. I'd keep Monaghan and Morris in the team, Cooper and Scott have to go - they are f**king pathetic

jaynie

Juniors
i agree with this 100%. never seen any of those boys play like that before, i was shocked.

eventho he passed his fitness test, Monas still has a bad thumb/hand and i think that affected him tonite.

Geez, his bad thumb acted up and made him run 20m in for a non-existent intercept?
But watching Mona in club footy...I've never seen him do that kind of sh*t, same with Morris, Coops and Scott. What did Bellamy do to ruin those 4 blokes that play great week in week out?

I will admit I am a Canberra fan, but with Monas coming back from injury and only 3 games under his belt this season, I have to wonder what the NSW selectors were thinking. He came into this game underdone, underprepared and on the back of a distruption in the camp. Not saying Monas isn't to take respobsibility for his own performance, but surely there were some compouding factors in there.

Bellamy's f-up game plan must have had some influence in the way Monas, Morris, Coops and Scott played tonight - as many other have said, they all followed a similar tactic that isn't in their normal repertoire.

Latest posts