What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Thompson Announcement

nrlnrl

First Grade
Perhaps Cronk is going to South's thommo to manly and young Angus to us just a thought
Shane Richardson has stated Rabbitohs haven't spoken to Cooper Cronk or his management & are happy with existing halves. That leaves Roosters or retirement for Cronk.

kit66

Bench
This would be a shame, I really like Thompson for his work on and off the field. Runs great lines and a very solid defender, was let down by those outside him on quite a few occasions this year while he himself rarely let us down. Did some great things in the Indigenous community too. But good luck to him, I hope he's going to a good club and a coach that knows how to use him better than we did.
This may open the door for Leilua who needs to in the 17 somewhere or Sims to cement a starting spot.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
For the record, I liked Thommo and don't think he reached his potential because of limitations within the team and the coaching. I don't begrudge him moving on if it sets him up and hope we find someone even better to replace him.

Thompson will never reach his potential under McGregor.

Whether he is worth the 750k per annum is questionable, there is no doubt a lot of players are asking for more money in order to put up with the current 'coach'.

Carlton

Juniors
We have not made a offer to walmsley yet but you never know
Some questions

Are we going after a high profile forward?

Do you think we are trying to strengthen our front row?

Do you think we are looking at a high profile back?

In your opinion are there players recruitment have specifically targeted or are we waiting for unspecified players becoming available due to salary cap issues?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Some questions

Are we going after a high profile forward?

Do you think we are trying to strengthen our front row?

Do you think we are looking at a high profile back?

In your opinion are there players recruitment have specifically targeted or are we waiting for unspecified players becoming available due to salary cap issues?

Carlton
I have heard that there is a forward that they are after but nowhere near signed.
I think they are waiting for someone to be released from there club re salary cap pressure .
I think they are hoping to pick up a bargain or two.
I hope that there is a back as well.
At least I hope so.

Carlton

Juniors
Dragonssamy61, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass with the questions, I genuinely want to hear your opinion. You seem to have a close insight to what is happening and I appreciate that you probably can't divulge some things and that things don't always go according to plan. So I'm not going to give you a hard time if things end up different, I just wanted an idea of what may possibly be happening.

Carlton

Juniors
Carlton
I have heard that there is a forward that they are after but nowhere near signed.
I think they are waiting for someone to be released from there club re salary cap pressure .
I think they are hoping to pick up a bargain or two.
I hope that there is a back as well.
At least I hope so.

Thanks for the answers, it sounds promising. Just hate the waiting hoping and then being disappointed. At the moment though the recruitment has been positive and what you are saying seems to indicate we could be hearing some good news.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Thanks for the answers, it sounds promising. Just hate the waiting hoping and then being disappointed. At the moment though the recruitment has been positive and what you are saying seems to indicate we could be hearing some good news.

Carlton
One player we have talked to would have to be released first.
I think there want be any major superstars signed.
But we are in there swinging.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Carlton
One player we have talked to would have to be released first.
I think there want be any major superstars signed.
But we are in there swinging.

I think the only forward fitting that bill would be RCG as Penrith were reportedly over-cap and really haven't signed anyone for the coming year, and of course, as you say, he would have to be released first and probably finish his World cup duties before ant decisions

ouryear

Juniors
Just got word back that the T's are getting crossed and the I's are getting dotted on Thompos deal with another club.
Announcement to be made before the end of next week, it wont be dragging out any longer then that.
Very reliable source and he is 100% certain Thomos departure is a done deal.
Before the end of next week it will be announced.

And replaced by who or what and when?

Latest posts