What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey or Thurston, who is GOAT?

gUt

Coach
The contest of who is the greatest player of all time is a close run thing between Lockyer, Lewis and Langer.

In the end it's obviously that bloke what plays for my club.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Between Joey and Thurston and considering defence and attack, Joey was better. They both had all the skills in attack but Joey defended like a backrower, where as Thurston was a speedbump.

Full credit to Thurston though, he was always in the frame, always backing up and always chasing down breaks he influenced games as much as anyone I have ever seen thru pure desire and effort and that is how I will remember him but not GOAT.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure either are the GOAT - although JT looks more like a goat, especially his legs, goats don't get as chunky as Joey

Johns pretty obviously the more complete player of those two

Billythekid

First Grade
Johns was better IMO. The question is who was the best player of this generation, smith or Thurston. I go with Smith but I'm biased obviously.

Fangs

Coach
NRL will have you believe its Thursto. The 'little champ' from the great underdog state of Queensland.

In reality its Andrew Johns. Even Thursto knows that.

Latest posts