What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey's Injury

Rusty

Juniors
For anyone living in Newcastle, anybody heard anything new regarding Joey's injury?Like maybe on the radio,T.V etc.I heard that for certain he will need surgery.And if that's the case he will be out for up to 6 months.
:( :cry:

Terminator

First Grade
As far as I know Joey will be hopefully rested until next season, I don't want to see him risk it on the Ashes tests, much as I would like to see him play.
I 'm a Knights supporter that lives in Sydney.

Rusty

Juniors
I'm just so eager to see him play...I just hoped that I could see him captian the Aussies like he truly deserved.The selectors are keeping open the possibility that he make maybe be able to play though.. :?

Jedda

Juniors
As much as I would like to see Joey lead the Roo's on a Ashes Tour, I'd much prefer he spent the off-season full recovering from his injuries ready to start 2004 fresh and clean.

Being here in NZ I rely on the quality and accuracy of the information on this board to keep me informed of injuries etc.

Has anyone been back to the Knights Website for Boozey's article this week? A nice little piece with an appropriate send-off for Rudder and Jobson. At least their own team-mates appreciate them (BIHK)!

I love Mark Hughes' columns, always read them, and am very glad that stupid one week without a story is over, I was pissed off, oh well, it was a good story and I like how he farewelled Matt Jobson and Sean Rudder, but I would've loved more mad monday storie's, I was expecting a long Mad Monday story today and am disappointed it wasn't as long as I thought it would be, but then again, what can you do after a long week on the booze? :lol:

Rusty

Juniors
I met Mark Hughes at the Newcastle Show at the beginning of the year and he must be one of the nicest and funniest guys along with Danny Buderus :) .He took time out to sign autographs and take photos unlike other players who couldn't get out of there fast enough. :roll:

Missa

Juniors
as much as id love to see joey captain the roos....id rather see him rest at home and recover 100% for next year.......he deserves a well earned rest

~bedsy~

First Grade
newie_supporter said:
I met Mark Hughes at the Newcastle Show at the beginning of the year and he must be one of the nicest and funniest guys along with Danny Buderus :) .He took time out to sign autographs and take photos unlike other players who couldn't get out of there fast enough. :roll:
They are the 2 nicest players I have met... there great, very nice and will have a chat to you.
I love Hughsey's colums... I have collected them all.

Leasha

Juniors
bedsy said:
newie_supporter said:
They are the 2 nicest players I have met... there great, very nice and will have a chat to you.
I love Hughsey's colums... I have collected them all.

Agreed - Bedsy and Hughsey are undoubtedly the two nicest guys in the Knights. But then again, I tend to have a differing opinion of the guys. I only know that when a friend of mine (who was a massive Knights fan) died earlier this year from a long-term disease, Danny and Mark, who had met her upon numerous occasions during their visits to the childrens ward at Newcastle Hospital, voluntarily went to her funeral, where they were incredibly nice and compassionate and sympathetic, and even Danny cried. It was such a kind gesture, they didn't have to do it, but the guys went along on their own accord, because they knew how much it would have meant to my friend... I thought that was a pretty nice thing of the guys to do!

~bedsy~

First Grade
That's a very nice thing that they did..... I suspect they would have felt close to her seeing her at the hospital and thought it right to be at her funeral.
Good on them for taking the time out to do that... That's why I respect them so much... The others have been rude to me, but everytime I have met the 2 of them they have always been willing to sign my drawings (god love them :lol: ) and have photo's and a chat.

Faranah

Juniors
i hope Joey is going okay with his injury...if he can swim with sharks :) .....i'm sure he will be fit and fine for us next season! all the best to him!

Booziesgal

Juniors
i agree thats a great thing they done and that shows what kind of guys they are... the last time i met mark was at the game in round 17 and they just got smashed by the bulldogs and after the had the BQ in the car park they come over with smiles on there face and were really kind and met all there fan which i think is a great thing most footy player wont have done that after just being smashed by like 40 points.

BOOZIE ROCKS :D

Latest posts