What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOHN ASIATA

possm

Coach
Versatile forward John Asiata has accepted his time at the Cowboys is all but over but in some promising news for the off-contract 27-year-old, there’s a number of club’s keeping an eye on his situation

The Courier Mail reports the Titans, Dragons and Tigers are interested, while Asiata’s manager has also pitched him to the Broncos too.

Asiata, a premiership winner with the Cowboys, has his eyes set on a starting lock role, but with the game’s best No.13 in Jason Taumalolo already owning that spot, Asiata’s best chance is to look elsewhere.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/832f5e824e5984eac145f618bbd3294e

I suggest we sign this player as the solution to our possible lock vacancy for season 2021. If De Belin is cleared to play, maybe he goes back to his old lock position or maybe to prop given we are short on experienced top grad props right now. De Belin began his first grade career playing on the edge so maybe with Frizell leaving at season end, he could replace Frizell.

Griffin has hinted that Hunt will play in the halves, I hope it will be at five-eighth as a running half; partnering with Clune or Sullivan. With McInnes likely to move back to the hooker position, we would do well recruiting a strong defender to stiffen up our middle forward stocks. De Belin as prop and Asiata at lock will certainly go a long way to solve this problem.

Walpole

Juniors
I like him as a player and he has some ball skills, something we lack. Don't think he plays long minutes when he's used in the forwards though so might need to work on his fitness if he's going to play lock full-time.

Overall though, he's probably the sort of player we can afford and might have a chance of getting.

The calm one

Juniors
Versatile forward John Asiata has accepted his time at the Cowboys is all but over but in some promising news for the off-contract 27-year-old, there’s a number of club’s keeping an eye on his situation

The Courier Mail reports the Titans, Dragons and Tigers are interested, while Asiata’s manager has also pitched him to the Broncos too.

Asiata, a premiership winner with the Cowboys, has his eyes set on a starting lock role, but with the game’s best No.13 in Jason Taumalolo already owning that spot, Asiata’s best chance is to look elsewhere.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/832f5e824e5984eac145f618bbd3294e

I suggest we sign this player as the solution to our possible lock vacancy for season 2021. If De Belin is cleared to play, maybe he goes back to his old lock position or maybe to prop given we are short on experienced top grad props right now. De Belin began his first grade career playing on the edge so maybe with Frizell leaving at season end, he could replace Frizell.

Griffin has hinted that Hunt will play in the halves, I hope it will be at five-eighth as a running half; partnering with Clune or Sullivan. With McInnes likely to move back to the hooker position, we would do well recruiting a strong defender to stiffen up our middle forward stocks. De Belin as prop and Asiata at lock will certainly go a long way to solve this problem.
Owen told me that Hunt will wear No 9 next year. Stay calm

mickeylane

Bench
Ofenhengaue is major target Asiata would be nice at 13.. must be resigned that JDB is not coming back . Plus I think Hunt w b the 7

I'm Hornby

Juniors

Mate I told you this same thing a few weeks back in the player signings thread at which point you responded saying 'JDB is an origin player, we need the equivalent'.

I'm glad you've got on board the Asiata train but seriously dont start a thread trying to pass up ideas you previously turned your nose up at as your own.

Latest posts