What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman

The unknown

Juniors
Why is there so many of these wankers in the game? If true play him in reserves for the remainder of his contract regardless how good he is

shear_joy9

Coach
funny how the article says Bateman 'begged' to be released. No quotes from anyone of course just Hooper in his rabbit hole.

This is all just Bateman's management trying to get a better contract, which he will.

Valheru

Coach
I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see a source which isn't James Hooper

That's fair enough.

The thing with these stories though is it gets out somehow, I mean Hooper wouldn't have just sat at home and made it up.

So either the club has told him or someone connected to Bateman has and neither bodes well for the future relationship.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No surprise the problems arose when he swapped managers to Moses. after impressive performances last year I’m sure he could earn more elsewhere but he should have thought about that when signing a three year contract. He’s a fan fave and seems a really decent bloke so hopefully it doesn’t tarnish his image.

nick87

Coach
Ive got no problem with this.
He's one of the best players in the world, he should be paid accordingly.

I think this for now is just typical nonsense you come to expect from Moses. And for now everything i've seen and read is from JB himself is that he does want his contract addressed but he's very happy at the club

IMO, given his level of talent and what he did for our football team, it should be a priority to get that contract sorted, where he's happy and we can lock him up long term. That would have been my #1 priority if i were running the club after the GF

What worries me is if this COVID situation and the overall financial instability of the NRL prevents that from happening and this turns from Moses being his typical self into JB himself getting frustrated and deciding his future lies outside the Raiders. We have to avoid that at all costs because as OP said, when that happens, its over, the player always gets their way.

No surprise the problems arose when he swapped managers to Moses. after impressive performances last year I’m sure he could earn more elsewhere but he should have thought about that when signing a three year contract. He’s a fan fave and seems a really decent bloke so hopefully it doesn’t tarnish his image.

Im like moffla in his post above.

And yes to me he seems a decent bloke too, and while it’s slightly off-topic spare a though lot for him and the other Englishman out here at the moment who can’t see their families due to Covid, which has been rampant in the UK... he’s got a young daughter.

I think it’s very easy to get the hump with a story like this without knowing the ins and outs of why (if at all) it’s happening. But I do get that when people and clubs sign contracts they should be held to abide by them.

axl rose

Bench
That's fair enough.

The thing with these stories though is it gets out somehow, I mean Hooper wouldn't have just sat at home and made it up.

JQxm4YG.gif