1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

John Cartwright

Discussion in 'NRL' started by StGeorgeBull, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Tenacious Titans

Tenacious Titans Juniors

lol let it go.

2. BunniesMan

BunniesMan Immortal

The only reason he has a job is the 5 year contract. He still hasn't made the finals since he signed it.

If they miss the finals this year it'll be 6 of 8 years out of their existence that they haven't made the 8.

3. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

He's the second longest serving coach in his current position (behind Craig Bellamy), yet he has only made the finals twice in his tenure, yet he seems to not even come under question. Sheens-esque.

4. RUG13Y

RUG13Y Juniors

Both occasions the Titans made the finals they were shown they didnt belong there. :(

5. Coaster

Coaster Bench

I could write a book.

They need change at the very top. Not going to happen so let's just wait for them to fold

6. God-King Dean

God-King Dean Immortal

[​IMG]

7. Tenacious Titans

Tenacious Titans Juniors

This, precisely.

8. BunniesMan

BunniesMan Immortal

There's an article somewhere where this bloke calls Cartwright the next Bennett. He said they were ready to win a premiership after finishing top 4 twice in a row. They got the spoon that year. They haven't made the finals since.

Searle knows.

9. coldhardbitch

coldhardbitch Juniors

I'm a Titans fan, but Cartwright is the worst coach in the NRL and the single reason behind our years of failure. While Searle hasn't helped, he is not the owner or CEO anymore, thus the new owners should be free to sack him.

I don't care if they have to pay out the last few months. Surely watching the crowds dwindle under Cartwright's reign will be hurting them more financially.

Neil Henry is already employed by the club, so just make him head coach. Otherwise another season of Cartwright means another guaranteed year of rubbish for Titans fans. Why should we bother turning up to watch that rubbish.

10. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Coach

Carty seems to be a bit of a dinosaur these days.

I'm not bagging any coaches though. As a Dragons fan, I can guarantee you that you just never know what is around the corner.

11. _snafu_

_snafu_ Referee

I wonder if the Titans will go the same way as the Seagulls and Chargers?

12. POPEYE

POPEYE Coach

Must admit I'm running out of excuses for Carty, the same as I did for Henry . . . where is he now

13. Pierced Soul

Pierced Soul First Grade

because you get to pick whichever seat you want ;-)

14. Marcus1979

Marcus1979 Juniors

he seems to be a protected species a bit like sheens at Wests Tigers was :eek:

15. ByronTitan

ByronTitan Juniors

Cartwrong said he would not have to be tapped on the shoulder, he would know when to leave. Surely that time is long overdue. For some reason he has a lot of good will capital in the club but judging by the fan FB reaction to Sunday's debacle that will erode very quickly if he sticks around. Anything other than stellar performances from this team over the coming two weeks and he's gone....surely?!

16. some11

some11 Coach

I don't understand people who say "Carty isn't the one out there missing tackles on the field!"

Umm, he's responsible for preparing the team and getting flogged when you actually have a decent side all points to the coach.

"But it was 40 degrees!"

Tigers didn't seem to mind.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  17. Marcus1979

Marcus1979 Juniors

If Titans struggled and tigers didn't in the heat one has to question titans fitness.

18. Kirky

Kirky Juniors

This. These are proffessional athletes, it can't have just been laziness, their fitness/preperation just wasn't up to standard.

19. amaline

amaline Juniors

There was talk there was a virus or something that went through the team during the week. Was the reason Mini didn't play.

20. Packy

Packy Bench

I f**king love the Titans. I love going to games there and I go for them against most teams but FMD is it hard to support them with super dope as their leader.