What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant should walk over this catastrophe...

Moffo

Referee
The DH decision is the biggest of all derp decisions I've ever seen RL administrators make (and there have been a few)

Grant should hand his badge back...pathetic and going to f**k up the first round of the finals

Piss off Grant you idiot

El Diablo

Post Whore
come-at-me-bro-turtle.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Finals double header in a 40k stadium to accommodate AFL. Rogered for the second time in a month.

F*ck this is a pissweak board. The only thing they have over the NRL is a bigger pay cheque. Apart from that, gallop makes them all look like f*cking amatuers.

Swarzey

Bench
I'm not against the idea of a DH, it's more of the fact Cronulla have to play their "home game" away from home. A Dogs and Souths DH wouldn't bother me at all however, that's only from the perspective of a fan who's team doesn't have a home final and would enjoy watching a DH that features their team :lol:

I'm sure the reason for the big gap between the games is for some "quality" entertainment.

Packy

Bench
I think it is a sweet idea. let the even be exclusive. Make merkins wanna say "I got tix, you didn't"

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: ok champ.

Explain then why you're deflecting the blame from Greenberg, the man in charge of football operations, who is publicly claiming credit for the decision?

It's just another excuse for you to sook about Grant.

jimmee007

Juniors
Firstly, I understand and support the rule about having the finals games at major venues.

But, why couldnt they make an executive decision to allow the sharks to play the 'out of town' Cowboys at Remondis Stadium. (like they did to schedule a double header. I understand the Manly v Nth Qld game that they didnt move previously but there wasnt a scheduling clash)

The 1 v 4 all sydney clash is now part of double header. (1 v 4 would have gotten 30k at Allianz) Its going to be intersting to see how many roosters or manly fans are going to turn up 3 HOURS before their team plays!!!

The 5 v 8 'FINALS MATCH' now just seems a curtain raiser to this match at the same ground. (this match would have sold out Remondis)

What a way to cheapen the finals series. Its a disgrace.

Moffo

Referee
:lol: ok champ.

Explain then why you're deflecting the blame from Greenberg, the man in charge of football operations, who is publicly claiming credit for the decision?

It's just another excuse for you to sook about Grant.

Who appointed Greenberg?

Greenberg is a puppet for him. You don't think he was consulted prior to this decision being made?

Lulz

My concern is that people will leave/arrive after the first game finishes. The whole thing will look like 35k on TV, and because half the crowd will not be invested in each game, the atmosphere will be underwhelming. I have no idea why the AFL has the power to have first rights to ANZ, the Dogs and Bunnies games are both bigger draws than the AFL.

adamkungl

Immortal
Does this apply to other decisions as well? If a ref makes a mistake do you sake the refs boss? Coz it seems like the buck stops with whoever you like the least, rather than any rational reason.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The decision to dump suburban grounds for finals was bullshit. How are Canberra Stadium, Ericsson, and 130000000000 Smiles any more appropriate as finals venues than Leichardt, Brookvale, Kogarah, Parra, or the Dump? Blatant favourtism toward non Sydney teams.

Latest posts