What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Sutton to retire at the end of 2019

yobbo84

First Grade
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/14/john-sutton-announces-retirement/

First player to play 300 games for the Rabbitohs. Will finish his career in the top 10 most capped players of all time.

Stuck with us when at the peak of his career we were an unprofessional joke.

Lead us to that elusive premiership no. 21.

Big, strong, skillful, and perennially underrated.

Thanks for the memories, John.

77bd6f06870a74f32a620e169ad12e30

King hit

Coach
Goes down alongside Churchill and Sattler as men who have lead the pride of the league to premierships

SBD82

Coach
All lols aside, congrats to Sutton on a fine career.

Wayne once again showing that he is the master at tapping a bloke on the shoulder at the right time. Sutton won’t be remembered for an awful final year, and the Rabbitohs now have extra motivation to win this year.

King hit

Coach
All lols aside, congrats to Sutton on a fine career.

Wayne once again showing that he is the master at tapping a bloke on the shoulder at the right time. Sutton won’t be remembered for an awful final year, and the Rabbitohs now have extra motivation to win this year.

Yet Bennett refused to drop Boyd and Thaiday last year

KOMORI

Juniors
Sutton has always made me reconsider my thoughts on him every time I see him play...

On one hand, he seems like a decent man and a good honest toiler..

On the other hand, he’s got one of those punchable heads that shit me to tears :joy::joy::joy:

Someguy

First Grade
I always saw him as a bit of an underachiever, though not sure if that was a result of the squad he played in or himself not playing to what I believed to be his ability.

Great career and loyal club player maybe could have been more.

Grapple

Bench
Nothing special or exciting as a footy player, but did enough and showed great commitment to his club.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Any player that sticks with a club during the shittest of shit times always deserves at least a nod of respect. Looked like he was past it and should retire a few seasons ago but not sure if it was a few niggles he shook off or just pulled his head in but hit a purple patch and turned back the clock for awhile there.

Was never a 5/8s asshole though and copped a fair bit of crap while he was there. In the end every club needs a bloke like him in it