What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns decides not to risk early return

SGM

Juniors
Johns decides not to risk early return
By Barry Toohey
May 21, 2005

NEWCASTLE'S Andrew Johns yesterday ended speculation of an early return from a broken jaw against St George Illawarra tonight by declaring it is not worth the risk.

The Dragons camp has been saying all week they were preparing for the game believing Johns could make a surprise appearance.

But the champion halfback is erring on the side of caution.

"I want to play and if it was a grand final tomorrow, I'd be out there,"Johns said.

"But for the sake of this one game, I am not going to risk it."

Johns visited his surgeon late yesterday and had the jaw x-rayed and revealed it was healing well.

"He was happy with it but he also spoke of the risks involved if I was to play with it now so that was that," Johns said.

"It is still a bit sore as well so I was half expecting not to be given the green light."

Johns said he will definitely be ready to return for the Knights clash with the Broncos in two weeks time.

"We have the bye next week so it gives it a further week to heal and it will be 100 per cent for Brisbane."

http://www.nospam01.com/*edit - correct source: http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15353073-23214,00.html - Admin warning*

I suppose its a good idea that johns sit out this match, because we dont want him re injure himself than miss another 6 weeks.

RABK

Referee
To be quite honest, i'm starting to think we can win this game without him.

Percentage football, if we can play it this will be a very close game.

cram

Bench
Wish I could share your optimism about winning the game. I do agree we could win without him, but not sure if we can win witout Buderus and Simpson.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'm with Cram... we can win without Joey, it's just a matter of if we can win without Buderus and Simpson.