What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns is an overrated, useless old hack

Stranger

Coach
white pointer! said:
Johns was very good in attack but his defence was very sh*t.
What game were you watching?

I was suprised at Anasta aswell he played good.

Bet moffo is eating humble pie now :)

markstan

Juniors
white pointer! said:
Johns was very good in attack but his defence was very sh*t.

Bit unfair there he didn't do any defending so you shouldn't be critical, I though Hagan was going to unleash the Qld armada on Johns obviously not!

TooheysNew

Coach
markstan said:
Come off it he didn't play that well he tried to get involved too much in attack didn't do much in defence and QLD put no pressure at all on him. A sort of strange game really, it just seemed he was a bit of a try hard tonight. He played well but tried to do to much, Qld were terrible, Anasta i will admit had a good sound game though. As for Johns uhh uhh now everyone has to listen to the overated crap again.

Come on. Admit it. You had your eyes closed didn't you.

AlexM

----
your an idiot lego man!

Johns has set up a few tries for NSW and was in control for the whole game!

Lego_Man

First Grade
AlexM said:
your an idiot lego man!

Johns has set up a few tries for NSW and was in control for the whole game!

You should really note the sarcasm in the original post...

markstan

Juniors
Dilmah said:
Come on. Admit it. You had your eyes closed didn't you.

Almost actually!

It was pritty bloody boring. Qld didn't stand up in defence esp 2nd Half, anyone can play like Johns did how bloody hard is it to play hot potato with the football he didn't take on the line till the second half. What made him look better was when he got the ball no one wanted to tackle him cos they were afraid for some peculiar reason.

markstan

Juniors
Dilmah said:
Lockyer isn't it?

Lockyer was poor that's for sure I've had a few question marks on him, never really seems to do much was more dangerous at Fullback IMO. Poor performance all around from all players Kennedy maybe best for mine, but no real standout's. Sing seemed like he played his first bad game for Qld imo.

Yosh

Coach
guys...waow tat guy is amazing... he had a great game...usually has a great game and showed lockyer how is done! im not saying lockyer had a bad game but everyone saw this game as a lockyer vs johns type thing and johns definatly showed lockyer that he is bta!!! go johns and hopefully he doesnt have his 193rd knee injury (and with a bit of managerial changes at newcastle) the knights will do some damage towrds the end of the season!!
GO THE KNIGHTS!!

SunkenEyes

Juniors
Johns may not be back to his complete best, but he was still good enough to turn the game to nsw favour. Great to see him on the winning side for once this season. Can't wait for game 3

foetus_head

Juniors
Johns was fantastic, in fact I think i have a new god.

And as for his defence, he was actually not bad, he just wasnt throwing his neck on the line by tackling front rowers head first like he used to and that is a good thing. As a matter of fact, I dont think I saw him miss a single tackle.

Overrated - name oen other player that can come out with a performance like that after missing so many games, and it wasnt just his own game, it was the newly dubbed "x-factor" that undoubtably lifted the team to a new level.

Dakink

Bench
Congrats Johns..

Imagine Johns and Lockyer side by side in the Tri-Nations. Man what a combo!!!.

Anasta was good but played more like the lock I think he should be. Will be Australia's lock in the future.

Was a bit of a bizarre game. There's no question that Joey played well, but the Queensland forwards put absolutely no pressure on him. I'm sure that it wasn't just Carl Webb's injury, as he was the one targetting Kimmorley through most of Origin 1, but it makes you wonder whether Hagan was trying to protect his playmaker. I'm not saying for one minute that Hagan would throw a game to try and ensure that his strike player didn't get injured, but Queensland looked a far different outfit to the side that played in Origin 1.

I thought that Kennedy and Buderus were very strong and Anasta had a fairly solid game as well. Menzies played well out wide. I agree that Lockyer was uncharacteristically quiet and it will be interesting to see what happens in Origin 3.

Latest posts