What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns is an overrated, useless old hack

drake

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
lets see if the "GREAT" johns can get his pathetic team off the bottom of the ladder
Johns was fantastic, but so was every other player in sky blue.

Bad form Charlie.

Imagine Lockyer in Newcastle, he'd never shine.

Matt23

Staff member
Charlie, Nobody likes a sore loser :arrow: get over the fact that your precious Lockyer was comprehensively outplayed.

Mr Saab

Referee
he was outplayed, i can admit that. I am not blind.
QLD will win game three and brisbane will win the comp so Lockyer will get the lasy laugh

Hindyscrack

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
lets see if the "GREAT" johns can get his pathetic team off the bottom of the ladder

Piss off Saab, sour grapes i suspect.

Shows what the bloke can do with quality around him. Great game Joey, well controlled.

Guess this is the nail in noddys origin careers coffin

Lungman3

Juniors
Johns was superb. QLD did hang off him though. That's what happens when we create such an aura about him ;)

Expect a resurgent QLD in SoO3 though. If Johns isn't a marked man i will be surprised.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mr Angry said:
Geez Joey can play

he makes that hack called kimmorley look like stu galbraith.
IT just shows that when a halfback CAN play he does need these oh so dominant forwards that noddy needs. NSW were not that dominant in the forwards, but johns still killed QLD. Noddy is finished

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Qld missed Steve Price big time, if he'd been hunting chargedowns in his usual fashion Johns wouldn't have dominated the way he did with his kicking game.

Kid

Juniors
Great players always have time. Theres no point saying "Qld hung off thats what made him look so good", the same thing used to apply to Langer and it still applies to Jason Smith.

Under enormous pressure coming in to last night Johns had an oustanding game. Before last nights game Langer rated Johns head and shoulders above the rest, Joey lived up to that tag.

I can't believe with all the "good" games being bandied about, nobody has mentioned Matt King. This bloke, barring injury or really poor form will be playing in the Tri- Nations. Well done.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Kid said:
I can't believe with all the "good" games being bandied about, nobody has mentioned Matt King. This bloke, barring injury or really poor form will be playing in the Tri- Nations. Well done.

I agree King was fantastic and got 2 Dally M points for his performance. It was Joey's night though and he got the 3 points. Crocker got the 1 point and was good on the losing team.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Lego_Man said:
So, what do you think now?

Please feel free to crawl out of the woodwork...

Feel free to wipe the egg off ur face ....................... about now would be great :lol: :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie Saab said:
Charlie, as has been said in this thread already, sour grapes, gee they're terrible things arent they???

The fact of the matter is that Qld had NO answer to joey in the second half. He paced himself in the first half to get the feel of the game and then exploded in the second half. Great players always have plenty of time and I dare say joey is one of the greats of the game.

I'll ask u this, how many other players that u can think of would hav played 9 games in the past 2 years. Then they come out in their second week back (in origin i might add) and absolutely cut the opposition to shreds????

Mr Saab

Referee
Jobdog said:
I'll ask u this, how many other players that u can think of would hav played 9 games in the past 2 years. Then they come out in their second week back (in origin i might add) and absolutely cut the opposition to shreds????

Ok, enough of the johns saturataion..its becoming more sickening than it already is.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Cos u know its all true Charlie, Joey is a once in a generation type player ....... :arrow:

Mr Saab

Referee
Jobdog said:
Cos u know its all true Charlie, Joey is a once in a generation type player ....... :arrow:

i dont know, stu galbraith was a great halfback for the eels. Narrowly ahead on 2 game wonder willie newton for the magpies of 1996 ;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie, is it really this hard to get u to admit Joey had a great game last night????

Latest posts