What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson 4-8 weeks

Tiger Shark

Bench
How could it catch him by surprise. He's not playing, training and leaving the country. He doesn't get paid for that.

I'm leaning it towards it not being a surprise and just media twisting things like usual.

60k is a bit of a whack, you think you'd stick around and earn it, even if you're just rehabbing.

Craigshark

First Grade

JOHNSON'S SOUR $60K SNUB FROM SHARKS

Kiwi superstar Shaun Johnson enjoyed three fairly successful seasons at the Sharks - but his parting from the club this week was anything but amicable.

Johnson is returning home to New Zealand early after injury finished his 2021 campaign, flying out tomorrow.

But Johnson was hoping the Sharks would pay him the final month of his contract - around $60,000 - before he left.

He got a rude shock when the club refused to cough up the money, and I'm hearing he is going home far from a happy boy as a result.

this is from the mole

Weaponhead

Coach
Team first, SJ.

khabib-adios.gif

PJ

First Grade
Hopefully they are actually allowed to do it and it isn't another thing that blows up in our faces.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
How could it catch him by surprise. He's not playing, training and leaving the country. He doesn't get paid for that.

I'm leaning it towards it not being a surprise and just media twisting things like usual.

60k is a bit of a whack, you think you'd stick around and earn it, even if you're just rehabbing.
Just sold up his house in the Shire…. I’m sure he’ll scrape by.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Good to see some spine in the sharks for once. If he is such a genuine bloke he should realise if he is t there to support the club and offer advice and experience then he can f**k off and not expect to get paid.