What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson, Norman, Milford and Taylor

Which half would you recruit for your club?

• Anthony Milford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corey Norman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wizardman

First Grade
All four halves have received the tap on the shoulder over the past few weeks. Here is a question for you all. Out of those four men, if your club HAD to recruit one of them for next year, who would you recruit and why?

DeeJ

Bench
Johnson easily. He is expensive, though he is actually worth the value unlike the rest. He has had some injury concerns the last few seasons, but he has really evolved his game beyond just running - his organisation has improved alot and he can still play what's in front of him.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Johnson easily. Still playing well and an experienced stop gap until someone better comes on the market or a youngster comes through.

Milford is minimum two season project just to get him back to playing weight. Norman and Taylor are just lol.

This Year?

Immortal
All four halves have received the tap on the shoulder over the past few weeks. Here is a question for you all. Out of those four men, if your club HAD to recruit one of them for next year, who would you recruit and why?

It would have to be SJ, but it wouldn't give me any confidence whatsoever.

SJ in the short term and more than handy goal kicker.
I reckon someone like Bellyache could extract the talent we once thought was there in Taylor. If he ever needed another half, of course.

JJ

Immortal
Hypothetical price tags would be helpful, assuming cheap I’d go Taylor as he’s young, we’re not going back to Johnson

stryker

First Grade
Tough tough question.
Johnson has actually achieved stuff in the game. I’d take him.

Fangs

Coach
1.) Johnson. The best of the lot.

2.) Milford. 26 years old, if he regains his drive then he can be very dangerous.

3.) Taylor. 26 years old as well, but perhaps has reached his ceiling? Might be a project for Melbourne or the Roosters.

4.) Norman. Not a great half and probably can't play fullback anymore either.

nick87

Coach
SJ is the best, and its not particularly close
But he is struggling more and more to stay fit

Milford is Ahab's white whale... someone will talk themselves into him.... they'll chase the high and never get it, but if by some miracle they do get it, he's it.

The other two are chicken feed

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If Johnson came to Canberra I'd be cheering but of course he's mercurial not insane so not gunna happen.

Last Week

Bench
If any club is desperate enough to sign any of these guys, they're better off trying to get Pearce out of Newcastle early. How the Tigers haven't had a look at that blows my mind.

SJ easily
If you could find the key to Taylor ( lol don't even think Bellyache could) then he'd be a good buy .Has the talent & short kicking game is excellent .....but you rarely see it .

Munky

Coach
I think Johnson is busted so it would have to be a pretty cheap contract.

Bellamy or Bennett could potentially turn Taylor around into a contributing first grader.

Norman and Milford are lost causes, great talent but not worth it anymore.

Latest posts