What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jono's Rugby League Simulations

Jono078

Referee
Few have been following my simulator, so this is mostly for those that are following along and looking for a bit of fun discussion.

I just simulated the entire 2021 season over. Squads are based on who's played the most matches, but I can always play around with these "What If...?" and give the Roosters their top squad prior to injuries and retirements. What if Cameron Smith didn't retire. What if Joey was still the #7 for the Knights, who would win a comp of Melbourne Storms from 2006 to now etc etc.

Any suggestions, feedback, questions then feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy - I know a certain group of fans will - for obvious reasons;

NRL Finals Series SIMULATED 100 Times! Who Wins The Grand Final Most!?

Remainder of 2021 NRL Season Simulated 5 Times - SHOCK Top 8 and Grand Final winners!

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I would be interested in a simulation of a 16 team comp comprising of the last 16 premiers.

Legitimate premiers only so Penrith 03 through to Storm 20 but leaving out storm 07 and 09. Either best available squads or the 17 that lined up GF day.

Someguy

First Grade
I would be interested in a simulation of a 16 team comp comprising of the last 16 premiers.

Legitimate premiers only so Penrith 03 through to Storm 20 but leaving out storm 07 and 09. Either best available squads or the 17 that lined up GF day.

Do we count the Merge as legitimate for this purpose? And will the simulation factor in 2014 Bunnies penalty counts, 50/50 calls etc

Fangs

Coach
Penrith winning the comp is about right.

Souffs in a bit of a re-build for 2022 after their shameful performance in the prelim against Penrith (38-12).

Parramatta beating an under-strength Panthers outfit twice during the regular season only to be embarrassed in the semis. Brad Arthur sacked as well.

Its a pretty realistic simulator I think.

The_Frog

First Grade
Few have been following my simulator, so this is mostly for those that are following along and looking for a bit of fun discussion.

I just simulated the entire 2021 season over. Squads are based on who's played the most matches, but I can always play around with these "What If...?" and give the Roosters their top squad prior to injuries and retirements. What if Cameron Smith didn't retire. What if Joey was still the #7 for the Knights, who would win a comp of Melbourne Storms from 2006 to now etc etc.

Any suggestions, feedback, questions then feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy - I know a certain group of fans will - for obvious reasons;

If that's how it panned out, it would be the first time in history we've played the same side four times in a season, regardless of GF result.

Jono078

Referee

I thought about this actually, but I only have rosters dating back to 2006.

I could give it a go and have the most dominant minor premiers that didn't win the comp as fill-in.

Glad it's provided some entertainment for you all!

Jono078

Referee
For anyone following the game day threads, here's a compilation of this rounds scores.. perfect round so far whilst being relatively close to the scorelines too!

1630747549060.png

Apey

Staff member
For anyone following the game day threads, here's a compilation of this rounds scores.. perfect round so far whilst being relatively close to the scorelines too!

View attachment 53443
I noticed the first 3 in particular were super close margin wise. I reckon you're in trouble on the next one though. Only our game the scores were a bit off.

Apey

Staff member
Souths Dragons ended up being a lot closer than I expected.

Jono078

Referee
This video took some time so I hope you all enjoy..

Finals series simulated 100 times!

Is every team capable of winning the big one? Who wins most on 100 simulations? Find out below;

NRL Finals Series SIMULATED 100 Times! Who Wins The Grand Final Most!?

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Simulated 500 finals series and recorded who made the grand final and the winner. I don't think it's as interesting as I thought it would be but still thought it was worth sharing;

1631099053992.png

Jono078

Referee
Ran 25 updated simulations to get a feel for how the finals series will unfold after the 3 results so far this finals.

1631419816821.png

Jono078

Referee
Now that we're down to the final 4 I re-visted the simulator and ran it 50 times to see who takes it out this year's premiership most;

firechild

First Grade
Simulated 500 finals series and recorded who made the grand final and the winner. I don't think it's as interesting as I thought it would be but still thought it was worth sharing;

View attachment 53598
So what I gather from this is that there is only a 50% chance that any team will win the GF? Is that due to a 50% chance of COVID or some impending disaster preventing a GF from being played? I think the numbers are off.

Jono078

Referee
So what I gather from this is that there is only a 50% chance that any team will win the GF? Is that due to a 50% chance of COVID or some impending disaster preventing a GF from being played? I think the numbers are off.
Haha I also picked up on this after posting.. I think I just did some calculations wrong, but it was GF wins / total GF appearances. Just a complete wrong calculation on my end!