What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira Extends

George Dragon

Juniors
Solid player but that is all.
No pace, no natural instinct doesn't have a footy brain.
Blew 4 tries last 2 games.
Was 20 metres back when Clune grubbered into in goal and when put in clear passed inside to Clune when Dufty was unmarked on outside.
Should of scored in the corner and then when put into clear Clune wraps around unmarked and he cuts back infield and throws bad pass.
No pace to beat anyone on the outside so always cuts back in, most of his tackle breaks are from running across field.
The question I like to ask about a player is, do you see them in a premiership winning team.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Was 20 metres back when Clune grubbered into in goal and when put in clear passed inside to Clune when Dufty was unmarked on outside.
Should of scored in the corner and then when put into clear Clune wraps around unmarked and he cuts back infield and throws bad pass.
No pace to beat anyone on the outside so always cuts back in, most of his tackle breaks are from running across field.
The question I like to ask about a player is, do you see them in a premiership winning team.

Agree about the lack of pace and didn't anticipate the Clune kick but generally the guy was incredible against the Eels- safe hands in very difficult conditions, great defence and his blockbusting runs saw him rack up huge metres- nearly always beating the first tackler coming off the line. Also was in position to support Ravalawa and bring the ball back into play when a 6 again looked certain against us. Could he be worth a try in the centres as our Moses Suli?

I never thought I would see the day when Rav and Pereira played over the top of Sivo and Ferguson- but they did.

Yes they did snot the Eels wingers. Sivo cried off for the night. Have to hand it to Air Jordan. Easily his best game with the club. He must have busted a dozen tackles. I think the conditions helped him. He’s a bit slippery to handle at the best of times. Ive been critical of his abilities but that was a fantastic game. You can have no qualms with him if attitude, line-breaks, hard running, metres and ticker were the only pre-requisites. Problem is there’s so much more to it. His handling, speed, catching, finishing and football sense areas are sadly lacking. We’ve seen him in the clear a few times recently, including against the Eels, and not know quite what to do. He doesn’t have the pace to finish from range or beat many, if any, wingers on the outside. His finishing lacks composure. For every one he scores he has three near misses. And then there are the bombs. In a contest he always seems up against it. Hopefully he can add more polish to his game relatively quickly and he needs to. On the attitude side, if our pack were as fearless in their running as Pereira we would be in the finals.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Now this thread has reached a point where we all believe he a powerful ball runner and good defender, but lacks high end speed which is a genuine issue; is there a place in the back row for him at 95 to 97 kilos reported weight.

Josh Ado Carr is what we need out wide. He returns the ball strongly and is lightening fast. Make an offer for JAC and keep Jordan as a backrower On modest $$$.

it’s all about value for money, JAC is of course a much better player, but based on costs, there is a serious argument to stay with Jordi and invest in the pack (We really need a top experienced front rower), maybe another centre.

possm

Coach
A good backup winger. Ramsey to left-wing to get his first-grade legs. Let's see what happens from their however, I believe our back five one day in the near future will be:
1. Schiller
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa

Struggling forward packs can't go hand in hand with lightweight wingers and a tiny fullback. Need effective first hitups. On this basis, it needs to be Rav and J.P for start of year.

BLM01

First Grade
DS
Couldn't agree more with you. But Mary will go with Atkins and Lomax on the wing. I think lomax will shine as centre not as a winger. I hope I'm wrong
Here’s an idea
instead of copying what one club started how about the forwards get back and take the 2nd if not 3rd and maybe 4th hit ups instead of the backs. Then spin it wide
Of course when a kick goes downfield the back 3 set up and attacking play rather than a hit up and spread the defence a bit more.
More room for the forward to hit it up mid tackles opening up for your attack again
They get plenty of breaks...it’s not rocket science

Maddragon99

Juniors
Here’s an idea
instead of copying what one club started how about the forwards get back and take the 2nd if not 3rd and maybe 4th hit ups instead of the backs. Then spin it wide
Of course when a kick goes downfield the back 3 set up and attacking play rather than a hit up and spread the defence a bit more.
More room for the forward to hit it up mid tackles opening up for your attack again

I don’t mind JP he’s not particularly talented but he tries to make up for it with enthusiasm. Last year he topped the team both in tackle busts 77 & meters per game 167m

I’ve been posting for while I’d like to see him moved to the backrow his hard running would be useful there & we need Ramsey’s strike power on the wing

ALSGI

Bench
Here’s an idea
FMD. Sadly a great post.

Just read the McDragons footy manual and on kick returns only 1 hit up is allowed by a forward, no angles run, no offloads or support runners allowed. It’s called PowaGayme. Only the Yoga guy can overrule this rule.

Hopefully Hook, Elliot, Gentle and Soward (HEG’s) might have some other ideas.

ALSGI

Bench
I don’t mind JP he’s not particularly talented but he tries to make up for it with enthusiasm. Last year he topped the team both in tackle busts 77 & meters per game 167m

I’ve been posting for while I’d like to see him moved to the backrow his hard running would be useful there & we need Ramsey’s strike power on the wing
Yeah agree with this especially if he trained there pre season with a few more kg’s.

Here’s an idea
I am a former sprinter. My view is that JP's running action although not perfect, there is nothing much wrong with it. I would think with the right training he could improve his 100 meter time quite a bit. He needs fast twitch muscle training in both the calves and thighs, he looks strong in the torso. Another aspect in speed training is sprinting downhill employing interval training. skipping at a fast rate also helps, Boxers do it to improve reaction time and develop fast reflexes. Like all training you only get out of it what you put into it. We can't all be Usain Bolt.

Maddragon99

Juniors
i would like them to give Pereira a run in the second row in next years trials.

100% agree with you, our lack of depth in the backrow it makes perfect sense to me it also suit his playing style.

Ramsey showed enough last year to retain his spot & by all reports he’s been training the house down. Rava & Lomax were developing a nice combo so that would be my first choice wingers.

Reactions: jak

George Dragon

Juniors
Here’s an idea

20201215_191025.jpg