What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordon Pierera

SnowDragon

Juniors
I expected more comments on Jordi’s game last week. For a relative newcomer, he showed great decision making and was very reliable. Added to that I thought his finishing has improved a lot.

I know the proof isn’t in one game, but rather consistency in these points, but I was so happy to see him grab the game last week after a slower start than I hoped.

Fingers crossed for a huge season for him, starting with another solid game against the knights!

hazzbeen

Bench
He is not the greatest winger , but he has shown to me he is willing always gives his best , hard as , and seems to be in the right place when it matters ... He will be good close to the line , he won't score you a long range try , but that doesn't matter because of the game Mary plays ....

Walpole

Juniors
Good thread. I know this forum thrives on negativity and having a whinge about everything we can think of, but Pereira has been excellent this year so far.

Top try scorer in NSW Cup last year and he's already got four in three NRL games this season. He might be a late bloomer but he seems to be developing a decent combination with Lafai and is a tough, whole-hearted player. Definitely the top winger at the Dragons and a lot better than some running around at other clubs.

possm

Coach
I expected more comments on Jordi’s game last week. For a relative newcomer, he showed great decision making and was very reliable. Added to that I thought his finishing has improved a lot.

I know the proof isn’t in one game, but rather consistency in these points, but I was so happy to see him grab the game last week after a slower start than I hoped.

Fingers crossed for a huge season for him, starting with another solid game against the knights!

Thanks to God we have Pereira on the left wing and that he is so reliable. For if he was not in the side, there is certainly no obvious replacement given Mary won't select Pearson and our right winger needs a lot of improvement to be at first grade standard.

I only wish the likes of Dufty and Field possessed a larger bod frame as they both have speed to burn.

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks to God we have Pereira on the left wing and that he is so reliable. For if he was not in the side, there is certainly no obvious replacement given Mary won't select Pearson and our right winger needs a lot of improvement to be at first grade standard.

I only wish the likes of Dufty and Field possessed a larger bod frame as they both have speed to burn.
Possm..you did not have or want Periera in your side 1-2 months ago. You wanted Ravalawa and Pearson as your wingers. Now you are thanking a higher power!.

For me Periera just echos my thoughts I said all off season that he is a goer, tries and runs hard to skittle blokes over, more than capable under a high ball, yeh...he is not the flashiest looking or possesses great speed past 20 metres or so but did everything asked of him last year when given an opportunity to deserve his spot. No one has deserved to take it off him..although I like the look of Marsters in reggies but as a future centre partnering Lomax

Old Timer

Coach
JP is going better than I thought he would so kudos to him.
He is tough and willing to roll up his sleeves.
The problem as always for us is we don't know how far he can run to score a try.
It has been a very, very long time since we have seen our outside men streak away and leave the opposition clutching at air.
It is really quite depressing to think how few long range tries we either create or in fact score.

possm

Coach
Possm..you did not have or want Periera in your side 1-2 months ago. You wanted Ravalawa and Pearson as your wingers. Now you are thanking a higher power!.

For me Periera just echos my thoughts I said all off season that he is a goer, tries and runs hard to skittle blokes over, more than capable under a high ball, yeh...he is not the flashiest looking or possesses great speed past 20 metres or so but did everything asked of him last year when given an opportunity to deserve his spot. No one has deserved to take it off him..although I like the look of Marsters in reggies but as a future centre partnering Lomax

You are right about Pereira, I changed my mind after seeing the performance of both Ravalawa and Pearson this season. In my opinion Pearson is a better winger than Ravalawa.

Having said all above, if there was a couple of speedy first grade standard wingers on the market, I would replace both of our wingers with them.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
JP is going better than I thought he would so kudos to him.
He is tough and willing to roll up his sleeves.
The problem as always for us is we don't know how far he can run to score a try.
It has been a very, very long time since we have seen our outside men streak away and leave the opposition clutching at air.
It is really quite depressing to think how few long range tries we either create or in fact score.
Mary said Long range try's don't count, neither do try's from kicks, Mary has it all sorted..

Dragonsamy

Bench
Good thread. I know this forum thrives on negativity and having a whinge about everything we can think of, but Pereira has been excellent this year so far.

Top try scorer in NSW Cup last year and he's already got four in three NRL games this season. He might be a late bloomer but he seems to be developing a decent combination with Lafai and is a tough, whole-hearted player. Definitely the top winger at the Dragons and a lot better than some running around at other clubs.

Well said agree 100% . He is also a hard trainer.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He's a beauty, I like the Boy!!
Consistent, Reliable & plenty of Heart......shades of Gypsy!

Yes- he has some of Gypsy's close to the line skills- reading the play, being in the right place to take the pass, great hands (eg that pick up of the long pass from Norman resulting in a try in the corner against Souths) flexibility and the strength to get rid of tacklers as big as Inglis- Gypsy was a gymnast and was strong thru the quads and hips and Pereira is also a ball of muscle.

Crush

Coach
He's lucky there is zero competition for his spot.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Rapana, Ado-Carr, Tupou, Ferguson, the list goes on......