What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan appreciation thread

This Year?

Immortal
With the season on the line he drops the ball in the in goal area leading to a Broncos try and then drop the ball in the act of scoring a try. Creates a gap for the Broncos to run through pretty much all game and dogged it when he stayed down after the Maguire tackle.

Stats:
8 hitups
34 metres
19 tackles
5 missed tackles
4 errors.
1 line break.
1 try assist.

gitano

Juniors
Easy to kick a bloke when he's down, or signed elsewhere.

He had a very poor game. No doubt.
He's done a lot for our side over a number of years though. Plenty on here were calling for Millward to be axed when Dugan wasn't re-signed.

We were right to let him go, but he's won us more games than he's cost us.
Dugan in any sort of form stops that Milford try and the Oates one from fullback.

We lacked control in the halves. That's what cost us.

giboz71

First Grade
He's clearly got his mind elsewhere. Not gonna go as far to say he's tanking the rest of the season, but he was disgraceful tonight. Not sure if he's still pissed off with Millward or if he's sulking cause Mary did what he should have done ages ago and removed him from FB. Completely unacceptable the way he played tonight.

I don't care if he's leaving for the Sharks, he's still our highest paid player and a supposed professional and he did nothing to influence the result in one of our biggest games, other than gift try after try to the Broncos.

He's marketed himself as an elite world class spine player that deserves millions.

Please.

I love the Duges and have done for the past four years but for shits sake he has now dropped the ball over the try line four times this year costing us a try. On two of those four times the opposition has scored in the next set of six.
Very disappointing.

This Year?

Immortal
Easy to kick a bloke when he's down, or signed elsewhere.

He had a very poor game. No doubt.
He's done a lot for our side over a number of years though. Plenty on here were calling for Millward to be axed when Dugan wasn't re-signed.

We were right to let him go, but he's won us more games than he's cost us.
Dugan in any sort of form stops that Milford try and the Oates one from fullback.

We lacked control in the halves. That's what cost us.

I know we are pretty hard markers for our players but he thinks he's the bees knees given all the distraction about his fullback money and comes up with a poor game when he's needed most, which was why I started this thread.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's been a good solid player for the Dragons, but last night he was really poor & I feel it's the right thing that he is departing. IMO he ain't no Changa Langlands, Teddy Goodwin, Brian Johnson, Mick Potter or Darius Boyd but he certainly gave his all & put his body on the line. Trouble was it never got up plenty of times.
Good luck to Duges at the Sharks and may their coach develop his skill level.

He's been a good solid player for the Dragons, but last night he was really poor & I feel it's the right thing that he is departing. IMO he ain't no Changa Langlands, Teddy Goodwin, Brian Johnson, Mick Potter or Darius Boyd but he certainly gave his all & put his body on the line. Trouble was it never got up plenty of times.
Good luck to Duges at the Sharks and may their coach develop his skill level.

If he hasn't learned how to pass the ball at this stage of his career I don't think Flanagan will help.

giboz71

First Grade
Yeah, the bottom 8

Exactly.

All week Jarryd Hayne has been smashed by the media for his performances, given the state of his pay packet. Despite his enormous salary, he's done nothing to influence the result of games for his team or make the players around him better. Unlike contemporaries on similar cash like Cam Smith, JT, Cronk, Darius, Slater, Norman. These guys own the result om their shoulders as they are paid to do so. Like Hayne and Duges should be doing.

Dugan made 800k last year making him one of the top 10 players in the NRL. The other 9 on the list were all premiership winners, most multiple winners.

He should be nowhere near that list containing the likes of JT, Cronk, Slater, GI etc. He's miles from being a premiership calibre player and after last nights insipid performance, clearly his attitude stinks as well as it was obvious he hardly cared about the result in one of our biggest games.

I can't believe we nearly signed the guy for another 4 years, given what we've seen from Dufty so far. The 5 game rookie did more for his team last night than the 800k world class player.

RedVDragon

Juniors
With the season on the line he drops the ball in the in goal area leading to a Broncos try and then drop the ball in the act of scoring a try. Creates a gap for the Broncos to run through pretty much all game and dogged it when he stayed down after the Maguire tackle.

Stats:
8 hitups
34 metres
19 tackles
5 missed tackles
4 errors.
1 line break.
1 try assist.
The 34 meters does that include the 20 meters he ran sideways. Not what you would expect by a self proclaimed "elite player"

Qdf

Juniors

Stats:
8 hitups
34 metres
19 tackles
5 missed tackles
4 errors.
1 line break.
1 try assist.
Yeah ,really wasn't there tonite,give him a rest.
Back to NSW cup..In his head,he's already gone to the Shonkies.

Latest posts