What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - Should we try get him for 2012?

broncos2010

Juniors
Off contract 2012 - should we make a play for him , real star and very young still , would solve our fullback issues. I heard roosters are very keen to get him in 2012 maybe we should put up a fight.I know its 2 years away but still , I am sure if we offer him the money he can be our next hunt , I dont really see the current crop we have to be able to do the job to make us premiership contenders again.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Or you can develop young blokes like Norman and Hoffman and spend money where you really need it on some decent forwards.

broncos2010

Juniors
Or you can develop young blokes like Norman and Hoffman and spend money where you really need it on some decent forwards.

I am sure with all the cap space we have left we can fit in dugan and some good forwardsTo win a premiership you need to have real good full back ,half back and hooker we dont have 2 of them atm . but our hooker has potential , but i dont see hoffman or norman to be the next hunt.

_Johnsy

Referee
Honestly it amazes me that SOME bronc supporters are so keen to sign potential stars. You have an entire state to recruit from (lets be honest maybe 80-90% of young QLD kids want to play for the broncs).

Your club has some serious recruitment issues atm, you need to sack whoever is heading that department, some serioulsy bad decisions have been made up there.

broncoman

Juniors
No I don't think we should sign him, the guy is an outstanding player and is a future Origin and Test star and it would be pretty tragic if he is lost to the Raiders. They have developed him into the player he is and will become and thats what we should continue to do with our young players.

There's always going to be journeymen and the like in the NRL but in cases like this the clubs that develop the stars should never lose them.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Your club has some serious recruitment issues atm, you need to sack whoever is heading that department, some serioulsy bad decisions have been made up there.

yep a lot of us have felt this way for a while. whilst the clubs mantra has always been on developing players, you cant lose as many as we have and not replace them. the problem is we're losing players who want to stay and whilst in the past maybe players would stay for elss money they dont do that these days but the club needs to udnerstand that

hellteam

First Grade
We've got good youngsters, look at guys like Hunt and Boyd in the past. When they came into the team, they weren't exactly world beaters but a few years later they were stars.

Stars playing for other teams, unfortunately.

_Johnsy

Referee
Some of the young guys looked like future stars on friday night.

Gillett, Copely, & Beale in particular.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Started a thread about Dugan a while back, it seemed the genuine consensus then that although most thought he will b a superstar, it would b a tragedy for the Raiders to lose him. Hope he stays with "the green machine" unless he becomes very unhappy there and then it would b a definate YES let's go 4 him.

renouf

Juniors
why do we keep starting these stupid threads.. Brisbane develop juniors, this is what they've done since day one and will continue to do it. Recruiting players from other teams should only be done if absolutely necessary.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I agree, I'd much prefer our players home grown. Especially when we have Hoffman, Norman, Beale, Yow Yeh, one of whom should be able to make the fullback spot their own for many years to come!

Big Pete

Referee
I'm sick of signing high profile juniors. Eg. Folau.

Let's cultivate our garden, or so to speak.

beads6

First Grade
What a silly suggestion seriously... We have Hoffman, Norman, Kemp and even Gagai who could be excellent fullbacks. Lets waste more money on other clubs juniors and watch our own play well at other clubs!! FFS

screeder

Juniors
I am sure with all the cap space we have left we can fit in dugan and some good forwardsTo win a premiership you need to have real good full back ,half back and hooker we dont have 2 of them atm . but our hooker has potential , but i dont see hoffman or norman to be the next hunt.

We don't have as much cap space as you seem to think. Lets not get Dugan. Unfortunately I don't think the Raiders will be able to hang onto him though. We've got fullback covered anyway

Latest posts