What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

Lethal25

Juniors
Did anyone also notice in Aitkens run away try how quickly Duges got there in support & then proceeded to shephard in a legal way for the last 30 metres.Effort & smarts in one play.
He seemed to be jogging, smart play there

Did you also notice Sharks kicking for Luke Lewis on Nightingales wing. They obviously thought they had Flo covered for pace with a guy who last played wing a decade ago. Don't think it'll be the last time we see this tactic

LINESPEED

Juniors
He seemed to be jogging, smart play there

Did you also notice Sharks kicking for Luke Lewis on Nightingales wing. They obviously thought they had Flo covered for pace with a guy who last played wing a decade ago. Don't think it'll be the last time we see this tactic

Yeah Flo can't cut it now - he hasn't the speed now to cover the kick in behind - nor the bulk to take a diving attacker at the tryline over the sideline - nor the height to defend a bomb. He's everyone's target?
There are BIG wingers around now ... the game is changing now @ you don't have Boyd throwing those beautiful cutout passes that you must dream about!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Only one thing disappointed me about Josh Dugan's performance on Sunday - when Vaughan made his line-break up the middle and was looking around for support Dugan should have been pushing up in support, instead it was only Tyson Frizell there. That was a potential try gone begging.

The elite fullbacks like Slater, Boyd etc are always pushing up in support looking for the offload or to be there to turn a line-break into a try.

I think this is one aspect of Dugan's game he needs to improve, even more-so than his ball playing.

Old Timer

Coach
Only one thing disappointed me about Josh Dugan's performance on Sunday - when Vaughan made his line-break up the middle and was looking around for support Dugan should have been pushing up in support, instead it was only Tyson Frizell there. That was a potential try gone begging.

The elite fullbacks like Slater, Boyd etc are always pushing up in support looking for the offload or to be there to turn a line-break into a try.

I think this is one aspect of Dugan's game he needs to improve, even more-so than his ball playing.
Dugan is smart and if our forwards are going to make breaks like that (unheard of in recent years) he will soon work out how to position himself.
Mc Innes will also do the same but unfortunately the 7 couldn't keep up with my 87 year old mother.

Old Timer

Coach
Please resign Dugan ! Throw the Taj Mahal at him
No throw the Taj at Doust as it is crumbling relic.
However we should sign Dugan straight away and make sure it is a good deal so we get his signature.
I have said it many time he typifies everything good about our club and jersey.
Interesting what people say about Dugan and his passing because early on in Changa's career he was talked about the same way.
On his first tour of the UK as a centre his initial attempts at passing were diabolical and it was skill he had to develop and ultimately he did.
As a FB Changa never sold a dump and made sure that he ran at the kick chasers and took the whack especially if there was little in support from his team.
This is a real strong feature in Dugan's game and I love it.

GC Dragon

Juniors
However we should sign Dugan straight away and make sure it is a good deal so we get his signature.
Interesting what people say about Dugan and his passing because early on in Changa's career he was talked about the same way.
On his first tour of the UK as a centre his initial attempts at passing were diabolical and it was skill he had to develop and ultimately he did.
As a FB Changa never sold a dump and made sure that he ran at the kick chasers and took the whack especially if there was little in support from his team.
Totally agree O/T . I was trying to come up with something that says how important Dugan is to our club but I think what you said " He typifies everything good about our club and jersey " sums it up perfectly .
They should be book a meeting with Dugan and his manager this week and have Doust, Mary and Millward there and simply say ...We know you want to stay and we want to keep you . We also see you as our club captain going forward so ...Nobody leaves the room until the deal is done . A bit of old fashioned face to face talking instead of all this bullshit going through other people and he said she said rubbish .

Duges had another excellent game today

Creating a strong case for an increased contract offer

Lets see if both sides are willing to compromise

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Management should understand that Dugan offers much more than just playing as an individual.

He reads plays, he leads by example, he is genuine is giving his all on the field, he comes up with game defining plays and by doing so, is a leader / motivatior to the rest of the team.

If we need to pay overs, do it now before we turn him off.
He's worth that bit extra for the sake of the team.

FlameThrower

Bench
Management should understand that Dugan offers much more than just playing as an individual.

He reads plays, he leads by example, he is genuine is giving his all on the field, he comes up with game defining plays and by doing so, is a leader / motivatior to the rest of the team.

If we need to pay overs, do it now before we turn him off.
He's worth that bit extra for the sake of the team.
One of our most consistent and passionate player. As stated he is more than just a FB or Centre. He loves the Dragons...FFS broker a deal ....we can't afford to lose him..

SaintHarry

Juniors

If it'll mean Dugan sign then throw everything we have at doust :thumbsup_tone2:

Walpole

Juniors
For all the good work that's been done in signing the likes of Hunt, Vaughan, McInnes and Sims we'll look pretty foolish if our best player is running out against us next year. With the pack we have now and a genuine top class halfback on his way Dugan is a must if we're to seriously compete with the top teams.

The Doc

Juniors
We need to give Mann or Nona a good run in the halves.
To keep Dugan we might just have to let Widdop go.
Big call but out of Widdop and Dugan id prefer we kept Dugan.
We have a top notch 7 coming next year, McCrone will not be in the halves next year.
I say Lets find Hunts partner from now.
Widdop apparently is asking $1 million a year (yes yes media reports i know) but we cant possibly afford Hunt, Dugan, AND Widdop all on $1 million contracts.
Not bagging Widdop, but out of him and Dugan id take Dugan every day of the week.
Hunts partner needs to be found this year though imo.
Lets hope we get Dugan signed asap.