What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
According to he who knows all ( The Lurker ) :rolleyes: - the Dragons are speaking to a current Test player , whom is also a back .
Yes I know that we can take that with a grain of salt , however if his information is indeed correct , that would explain why the men that hold the purse strings wish to pay Duges as a center .
Perhaps by so doing they will,then have enough funds to accommodate whomever this mystery player is ?

From which country?

Gareth67

First Grade
From which country?

We all realise just how ' close to the truth ' the Lurker usually is with his tips , as to what country this mystery player is from , well perhaps the Lurker found him in a container of SAXA -SALT ?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
If in fact it has any semblance of truth then Lolohea would be my guess that they're talking about.

Yes , he most certainly would be a welcome inclusion to our backline , however they would still require the services of Duges . But Lolohea does make sense , as the Dragons were apparently having a quite word with him over the off-season .

Gareth67

First Grade
Gents , I was merely adding a bit of information to a previous question , so please , let's not get carried away here . There has been NOTHING mentioned in the media in regards to Mr. Lolohea coming our way . Other than the NRL's Lurker ( " keep this one under your hat " ) comment on Saturday .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yes , he most certainly would be a welcome inclusion to our backline , however they would still require the services of Duges . But Lolohea does make sense , as the Dragons were apparently having a quite word with him over the off-season .
I think Lolohea's best position is 5/8. When he played in the halves at the end of 2015, he was very impressive. I think the Warriors want to keep him, if they can't sign Foran long term.

mobels

Juniors
What is the Warrior's deal with Lolohea? He's getting a worse time there than Kurt Mann is here.
He's been complete shit there so far this season. While it may be because he's been constantly changing positions he's not been any good what so ever at any position he's been in.

He's a worse version of Kurt Mann at this stage

Hopefully it's Kahu who were talking to as he'd be a massive upgrade to Lafai/Nightingale and is great at kicking goals.

possm

Coach
First we need to sort out where we are with Dugan and Widdop. Right now there are recruitment opportunities and so if these two are not going to be with us next year, we need to find experienced replacements. If one of the two or both players are staying, we would understand our needs and salary cap limit and therefore can confidently move forward.

Vinnie

Juniors
First we need to sort out where we are with Dugan and Widdop. Right now there are recruitment opportunities and so if these two are not going to be with us next year, we need to find experienced replacements. If one of the two or both players are staying, we would understand our needs and salary cap limit and therefore can confidently move forward.

Umm guys i think we are all forgetting that our forwards are driving us forward this year and really are the foundation of our wins .... now someone corrct me but arent De Belin, Vaughan and Frizzell the only reasonably long term forwards we have ????? shouldn't we be focusing on there ???
The only focus we need below 7 is Duges and Widdopp !!! sort them out and go from there ! Other than that we have plenty of backs on the roster and goods ones coming through as well.

Capital

Juniors
Umm guys i think we are all forgetting that our forwards are driving us forward this year and really are the foundation of our wins .... now someone corrct me but arent De Belin, Vaughan and Frizzell the only reasonably long term forwards we have ????? shouldn't we be focusing on there ???
The only focus we need below 7 is Duges and Widdopp !!! sort them out and go from there ! Other than that we have plenty of backs on the roster and goods ones coming through as well.
Widdop is a lemon and is gone! No offer from us or any other club.

Capital

Juniors
I think Lolohea's best position is 5/8. When he played in the halves at the end of 2015, he was very impressive. I think the Warriors want to keep him, if they can't sign Foran long term.
Lolohea may go well with Hunt. If not, in the centres. Not sure what's going on there. Obviously he isn't a winger. It would be almost as ridiculous as us playing Widdop on the wing.

possm

Coach
All I can say is that we can't keep playing this way. We saw it in 2015 and so why repeat the mistake. Re-shuffle our backline to make it more effective and test candidates for 2018.

If we know that Widdop won't be here next year, play him at 7 because we have Hunt as 7 next year. Then give Mann and Field a go at 6 maybe 3 straight full games in a row with McCrone on the bench to cover.

If Dugan is staying as right centre, we need to identify a suitable fullback and a centre partner. So move Dugan to right centre and test Dufty and Field at fullback. Trial Milne, Aitken and Lafai at left centre.

If Nightingale is to retire, then we need to test right wingers from within. So give Dufty, Garrick and even Field on the right wing.

I'm pretty sure the above changes would mostly result in a positive effect on our back line. Having Dugan, Macdonald and Widdop in the backline with McCrone on the bench, I'm pretty sure things would only go better and we would be further down the track with the selection of our 2018 squad.

Capital

Juniors
All I can say is that we can't keep playing this way. We saw it in 2015 and so why repeat the mistake. Re-shuffle our backline to make it more effective and test candidates for 2018.

If we know that Widdop won't be here next year, play him at 7 because we have Hunt as 7 next year. Then give Mann and Field a go at 6 maybe 3 straight full games in a row with McCrone on the bench to cover.

If Dugan is staying as right centre, we need to identify a suitable fullback and a centre partner. So move Dugan to right centre and test Dufty and Field at fullback. Trial Milne, Aitken and Lafai at left centre.

If Nightingale is to retire, then we need to test right wingers from within. So give Dufty, Garrick and even Field on the right wing.

I'm pretty sure the above changes would mostly result in a positive effect on our back line. Having Dugan, Macdonald and Widdop in the backline with McCrone on the bench, I'm pretty sure things would only go better and we would be further down the track with the selection of our 2018 squad.
I agree with all that but I very much doubt Widdop would prove to be a better #7 than McCrone. This team is traveling way better than I think anyone expected but if it keeps going and we make it into the big games toward the end of the season, the lack of creativity in the halves and speed in the 3/4s is going to cost us.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
With Dugan and Widdop performing as well as they are this year, imagine how good they would go next year with a genuine half in Ben Hunt steering the ship and taking a lot of pressure off them!

possm

Coach
With Dugan and Widdop performing as well as they are this year, imagine how good they would go next year with a genuine half in Ben Hunt steering the ship and taking a lot of pressure off them!
At the moment the problem is not with Dugan and Widdop. The problem is at 7 with McCrone, in the centres with Aitken and Lafai and on the right wing where Nightingale should be playing. Make improvements incrementally to those positions and the forwards workload would be reduced.

Forwards could follow their 'power game' with a lesser chance of being busted or burnt out. Our backs - exempt Dugan and Widdop - are playing below standard in both attack and defence.

Latest posts