What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hodgson

JokerEel

Coach
Gets his own thread not even in the shit list thread!

Plus I agree I had hoped but wow he is bad. BA letting him play so much is terrible

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
When he f**ked up and helped them score their 2nd try he should have been hooked but the Gutless coach waited for him to help the opposition score another try before seeing enough..

Bet he starts against the Knights next week...
He won't. He got hooked and Brisbane scored no more tries. BA is stubborn but I don't think he is stupid. I might regret this on Tuesday

JokerEel

Coach
He was an impulse buy after Mahoney signed somewhere else.

We obviously need to purchase another 9 for next season, irrespective of whether Hodgson takes up his option or not.

Who are the options?

Hands can play 80 then we can actually have an xfactor player as our 14.....

the phantom menace

First Grade
Never a fan. People (Pouple?) try to talk up Hodgson's contribution, but if you're consistently missing that many tackles in the line and the middle, you don't deserve a first grade spot.

Hopefully BA starts Hands from now on, so the kid can develop his game to be a legit first choice hooker option for next season. Hands will have some poor games along the way no doubt, but it's better than what Hodgson can serve up.

Maybe Hodgson can do a 20min stint from the bench at some point in the game - but with his defensive liabilities I'm not even sure he can or should do that?

Noise

Coach
He’s completely f**ked. Everyone knew he was a dud signing. The old merkin offers absolutely nothing.
He can not tackle.
He has no running speed.
His passes don’t hit the chest often enough.
He takes way too long to pass.
We completely lose the middle when he is on the field due to his inability to hit and stick and get in position at marker.
We score more tries when he is off the field.
We concede less tries whilst he is off the field.
f**k off Hodgson you useless sack of shit.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think if RCG is out for a considerable period then it's time to pack up and forget about 2024 (unless we buy an immediate replacement).

So I think the best option is to just cut our losses with Hodgson and put him in NSW Cup and go and look for another 9 for 2024. Perhaps the pommy guy at the Titans, who will be surplus after Verills returns next year.

Is Marthur 18 yet? Surely he gets a deal once he is.

DaveMc

Juniors
The fact that we're also giving a bloke who has played, what 5 NRL game in total, and is not even confirmed to be in our Top 30, more minutes than Hodgson is telling.
I thought that this evening. That Hodgson never got back on the park after 30 minutes or thereabouts speaks volumes, I reckon. Put it down as a dud recruitment decision, drop him back to twos, and move on.