What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Jackson

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know he seems like a channel 9 and rep favourite, but I really don't see anything in this guy. To me he is a run of the mill first grader that doesn't really add anything. Doesn't have quality hit ups, no offloads/ pass before the line, not a line break option. As an 80 min player he seems to average like 80ms a game which is pretty poor. Can tackle well but that's about it. Don't understand how he seems to be thought of as an elite back rower. Am I judging him harshly?

some11

Referee
I think it just comes from being selected for NSW.

Begs the question why he was picked though doesn't it.

He f**king sucks. Sad thing is him and Cordner will be long term players for NSW.

Can't believe we benched Lane for this overrated hack.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Cordner runs good lines and can also throw a decent ball. I'd say he is more like a poor mans Watmough (when Watmough was actually good)

Far Canal

Juniors
I know he seems like a channel 9 and rep favourite, but I really don't see anything in this guy. To me he is a run of the mill first grader that doesn't really add anything. Doesn't have quality hit ups, no offloads/ pass before the line, not a line break option. As an 80 min player he seems to average like 80ms a game which is pretty poor. Can tackle well but that's about it. Don't understand how he seems to be thought of as an elite back rower. Am I judging him harshly?

Agree thoroughly - extremely overrated. A workhorse but nothing special at all - actually on the shorter side of a second tower.

I agree. Never seen much in Jackson. No idea why Daley decided to start him at lock in Origin 1 this year.

As has been stated above, Cordner > Jackson, easily.

DiegoNT

First Grade
His a good but not a great player.
Usually there are a few token rep jumpers given to players after a grand final campaign. It's usually wingers or hard working back rowers that get these selections in end of year tests and/or the following seasons origin. Guys like Hegarty, Rooney, Waterhouse, dallas Johnson, Steve turner, Anthony quinn, dean young, dave Williams, Tony Williams, Tupou, Johnston and Jackson.

Stranga

Juniors
Just another typical midget plodder nothing back rower.

In other words a NSW state of origin rep.