What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr interview

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sounds like there has been big changes in training in the off season and the players are felling it thanks to the new coaches. Lets hope it shows when the season starts. I am more excited with Elliot as part of the coaching team than Hook to be honest. Always thought he was a great coach.

The biggest change that needed to happen for me was the weekly team selections. Hopefully no more cut and paste jobs and players playing poorly will start getting dropped regardless of how much NRL experience they have.

kit66

Bench
Bit of a late bloomer Josh but I'm hoping for a big year from him. Keep up the good work and the super fast play the balls and get a bit more aggro big fella.
I like the news that there's a big culture change under way at the Dragons, it's long overdue, just hope everyone in the squad can buy into it and not cling on to the past.

BLM01

First Grade
Sounds like there has been big changes in training in the off season and the players are felling it thanks to the new coaches. Lets hope it shows when the season starts. I am more excited with Elliot as part of the coaching team than Hook to be honest. Always thought he was a great coach.

The biggest change that needed to happen for me was the weekly team selections. Hopefully no more cut and paste jobs and players playing poorly will start getting dropped regardless of how much NRL experience they have.
Re Elliott. Great proven tactician and analyser, but not a proven winner.
He would be at his best anywhere except the hot seat.
I agree great assistant for Hook.
So is Gentle. except for the Broncos he has helped sides have a bit of defensive steel working with Parra (Arthur) up to 2017 and then Souths 2018.

Belta

Juniors
Love this guy. He comes across as a really nice young man, very humble and I get the feeling he can sense a real change, I sense he wants to be a leader and is up for a big year. Will it be enough? could this lead to a surprise resurgence? boy I hope so, how good would that be.

possm

Coach
I rate Kerr very highly and can't wait to see what the new coaching staff have done with him. In my opinion he should start with Vaughan. Alvaro and the next best prop should come off the bench.

Como Connection

First Grade
I rate Kerr very highly and can't wait to see what the new coaching staff have done with him. In my opinion he should start with Vaughan. Alvaro and the next best prop should come off the bench.
I reserve my judgment of him, in my opinion he has been disappointing.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
I reserve my judgment of him, in my opinion he has been disappointing.
CC
Yes and No..(disappointing use of him as many others in our side) but has to find some intimidation IMO and has been catapulted into rep and some media stardom before his done decent time at NRL which happens a lot these days.

denis preston

First Grade
If he makes the QLD starting side in SOO this year it will mean the Dragons make the 8 as it will show the coaches are getting far more out of the players.

Old Timer

Coach
Only thing I dont like about kerr and most of the forwards there no fear factor.It helps a lot when opposition start having a think.
I think Alvaro is a real good pick up and will help instil some mongrel and hardness into our forwards.

I think we have a lot of "followers" and they just need someone to lead them.

Graham was supposed to provide it but was seriously lacking so maybe just maybe this time we got the right bloke to harden us up a bit.

Funny as much as I see limitations in Lawrie he is one that does bust his arse and heave a real dig including the dirty hit up so he might grow a leg as well.

Hopefully Alvaro is our "influencer" as is Hook.

Banjo2014

Juniors
I think Alvaro is a real good pick up and will help instil some mongrel and hardness into our forwards.

I think we have a lot of "followers" and they just need someone to lead them.

Graham was supposed to provide it but was seriously lacking so maybe just maybe this time we got the right bloke to harden us up a bit.

Funny as much as I see limitations in Lawrie he is one that does bust his arse and heave a real dig including the dirty hit up so he might grow a leg as well.

Hopefully Alvaro is our "influencer" as is Hook.
Hey Old Timer completely agree - did not and never had a wrap on Graham

kit66

Bench
You got remember McGregor wouldn't let any forward pass the ball and Graham main asset he was a ball playing forward..Hope that has change this year. .

Mary hated off loads for some bizarre reason. Lafai had a great off load that got us some tries, Mary stopped that dead. Graham, Vaughan, Ford and Leilua all had an off load but rarely used it, or in Leilua's case a lot less than he could have. Frizell and Sims rarely pass or off load, Lawrie never. Watch Frizell this year, I bet he'll do a lot more with the ball for sure.

I wasn't sure about Josh at the start but he's gone alright and his defence is better than I thought. With a good coach I reckon he'll be a lot more handy, he has pace and I think some ball skills that need to be refined and encouraged. Run him wide occasionally against halves and centres. Could do with a bit more mongrel though, not mad aggression just good hard, get outta my way running like Ah Mau would suffice.

rasaint

Juniors
Hear a lot from Josh and has been having his ‘break out’ year for two years now.

His main barrier to being a quality front rower was apparently MCGregor.

Let’s see what happens this year.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Kerr was decent last year, occasionally showing something, but seemingly not breaking thru. New game plan, another year under the belt and he could definitely be top class. We have put heaps into him and now he is ready (leluia, host etc were the same but we let them go when they started to blossom)