What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Perry

Kiwi

First Grade
Is he set to leave? Gonna sign a new deal with the Knights? Whats the go, any ideas from Knights fans?

roopy

Referee
The Knights have made him an offer he (and his manager) is not happy with.
When I look at our junior ranks I see why we arn't prepared to give him big money to keep him. There are 10 young props aged between 16 and 19 who all look like they will make the grade in the next few seasons. He is already being challenged by guys like Woolnough, Price, Jobson and Matt Kennedy, but young giants like Dane Tilse and Kade Snowden will be putting the pressure on him soon as well.

Tilse is 6'6" and 110 kg - not bad for an 18 yo. The other day in Premier League he had four defenders hanging off him for about 10 metres. A powerful running prop of the future.

legend

Coach
First and foremost, he is a thug and should have been sent off last night the way he went after Lance Thompson.

Just because he plays for the Knights he thinks he can take peoples heads off and is above the Law. There's no way I would want him in Canberra. There are at least half a dozen better props around than this fat slob. O'Hara and Clinton are much better players than Perry. Another case of playing for the glamour teams gets you preferential treatment.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Look I don't about what they offered him, but if he doesn't like it then he can go... I hate all this I want more money stuff, Just play footy cause you wanna it shouldn't be about money.

Kiwi

First Grade
roopy said:
The Knights have made him an offer he (and his manager) is not happy with.
When I look at our junior ranks I see why we arn't prepared to give him big money to keep him. There are 10 young props aged between 16 and 19 who all look like they will make the grade in the next few seasons. He is already being challenged by guys like Woolnough, Price, Jobson and Matt Kennedy, but young giants like Dane Tilse and Kade Snowden will be putting the pressure on him soon as well.

Tilse is 6'6" and 110 kg - not bad for an 18 yo. The other day in Premier League he had four defenders hanging off him for about 10 metres. A powerful running prop of the future.

I am all for Perry staying a Knight. There are a few players i'd like to see stay at their respective clubs, Perry is one of them. The thing the game is missing is more guys like Webcke, loyal and not interested in managers and big money.

Spike

First Grade
I'm not too concerned if Perry is shown the door. We've got guys like Woolnough, Price, Matt Kennedy and Tilse to take his place if Perry's asking for more than the Knights are willing to pay. With the money saved we could pick up another up and coming front rower like Waterhouse or Donnelly to add more depth.

Anonymous

Juniors
I wonder how much he wants?
He hasn't been playing first grade that long and he's making demands already bugger that :(

~bedsy~

First Grade
Speaking of Josh... did any else hear about his biffo on Saturday night at Fanny's?...... I heard it on the radio this morning, apparently he beat up a guy who said some stuff about how crap they were on Friday night......
That's so uncalled for you have to expect that people will rip you off for bad games that some people hate the Knights. He needs to wake up to himself, his already suspened now he could be fined as well, so could the Knights.

roopy

Referee
Mark Sargent said the club are investigating, but it looks like a minor incident. I think it may have been more like Josh speaking harshly to the guy and he soiled his underware. I would too if the big guy looked pissed off enough.

Spike

First Grade
I've heard he wants $300K a season which is ridiculous considering he's not worth a cent over $200K. He's obviously going into the market inflating his price to try and get somewhere between these two prices unless some team like Souths or the chop shop Tigers are stipid enough to give him what he wants- so long Perry...........

Latest posts