What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

The unknown

Juniors
The fact so many can and are trying to justify it is probably why the country has such an issue still with DV and why one woman a week is being killed by their partner. I was brought up to never speak to a woman in that way and to never be a bully or threaten anyone smaller or weaker than yourself, and in fact to stand up for them if I saw anyone in that situation. I wonder where the real men have gone that we need to instill this message into their sons and grandsons? If you're start point is well its ok if she is misbehaving then its screwed.

why is it only gender specific? Men are subject to abuse aswell. It’s a society problem

T-Boon

Coach
In the example given by the previous poster, whereby this woman is in Reynold's house, and she is not on the lease/mortage, and he's asked her to leave, and she wont... that is quite literally the police's job to deal with that. Him escalating things to that level isnt acceptable IMO.

And AFAIC, it is black and white. I dont care the context, i dont care what happened prior. He is responsible for his actions and reactions.
As i tell my son, retaliation isnt an acceptable excuse.

There are any number of options available to him in this scenario that dont evolve that level of abuse towards anyone, least of all a woman. How i was brought up, and how ill raise my son will be to know that behaviour is never acceptable.

And as i said, the venn diagram of this kind of behaviour and those who escalate it a level of DV would be pretty close to perfect circle, so Reynolds has lost the BOTD for me on his DV charge. Maybe he's bucking the trend, i dont dont know, but that behaviour is very typical of men who abuse their partners.

I am the same, minus the judgement and assumptions and stereotyping.
Your point of view (almost like biblical turn the other cheek being the expected norm) just is not the reality of the world. I really think you need to get in touch with the real world.

Frailty

First Grade
So someone shouldn't get angry?

Once again you a minimising what actually happened. First it was just ‘yelling’ and now it’s just ‘angry’.

Clearly, we are at an impasse of what you’re willing to say is acceptable behaviour. I’m not going to engage with you any further as it would just clog the forum.

franklin2323

Immortal
Once again you a minimising what actually happened. First it was just ‘yelling’ and now it’s just ‘angry’.

Clearly, we are at an impasse of what you’re willing to say is acceptable behaviour. I’m not going to engage with you any further as it would just clog the forum.

You don’t think he was angry and yelling in the video?

So you have never got angry and yelled? Well good to know

franklin2323

Immortal
Your point of view (almost like biblical turn the other cheek being the expected norm) just is not the reality of the world. I really think you need to get in touch with the real world.

I would safely say at 50% of people male and female. Would of gotten angry and yelled, even verbally abused someone sometime in their life.

nick87

Coach

I’m very much in touch with the real world. I grew up in Penrith, from a fairly low socioeconomic area, I drove a forklift for a living for 10 years before changing careers and moving to Canberra

I know of people who act this way and have seen people act this way. I’m not oblivious to it, but I have experienced the real world and there, that ain’t the norm
And obviously your life experience has taught you this is normal. That makes me genuinely very sad for you.

bileduct

Coach
This was pretty normal to me when growing up. My parents yelled and screamed at each other quite often, but it never once escalated to physical violence. Same observation with my neighbours on both sides and across the road. The woman across the road mainly screamed at her husband and threw things at him though, didn't hear much in response from him.

I think this is kinda like getting belted by your parents. Pretty common for that to happen back in the 80s and before, but frowned upon now.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m very much in touch with the real world. I grew up in Penrith, from a fairly low socioeconomic area, I drove a forklift for a living for 10 years before changing careers and moving to Canberra

I know of people who act this way and have seen people act this way. I’m not oblivious to it, but I have experienced the real world and there, that ain’t the norm
And obviously your life experience has taught you this is normal. That makes me genuinely very sad for you.

You have never once had a bad day and lost it for no reason tripping over a dog bowl or something. People have bad days and lose their head briefly.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Probably lucky for her it isnt 1950. Back then she would have copped a backhander across the chops and then be expected to thank him later for pulling her back into line.

In 1950 she wouldn’t have a phone that could record video.

SBD82

Coach
You have never once had a bad day and lost it for no reason tripping over a dog bowl or something. People have bad days and lose their head briefly.
I’ve had some f**king shit days and had some partners deliberately try to get a rise out of me. I’d be f**king embarrassed if I ever responded like that.

I’m sure Josh is too.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’ve had some f**king shit days and had some partners deliberately try to get a rise out of me. I’d be f**king embarrassed if I ever responded like that.

I’m sure Josh is too.

No doubt he is. Hopefully that was just a bad day and got him the help needed.

T-Boon

Coach

I’m sure Josh is too.

Never argued or raised your voiced during an argument?

nick87

Coach

Yes, everyone has bad days. Everyone loses their cool for trival reasons. If your response to that is to esculate things to THAT level, you have a problem that needs to be addressed.

I can categorically tell you i have never spoken to any of my partners like that. Again, Josh Reynolds is responsible for his actions and his reactions. He owns that behaviour, that's not on anyone else but him and it is totally and completely unacceptable and inexcusable to me.

End of story. Black and white.

Timmay

Juniors
I've not read the entire thread but I have read a few posts in this thread and I think this is could be the same as Jack de Belin.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes, everyone has bad days. Everyone loses their cool for trival reasons. If your response to that is to esculate things to THAT level, you have a problem that needs to be addressed.

I can categorically tell you i have never spoken to any of my partners like that. Again, Josh Reynolds is responsible for his actions and his reactions. He owns that behaviour, that's not on anyone else but him and it is totally and completely unacceptable and inexcusable to me.

End of story. Black and white.

Well I am glad you are one person that can control your emotions in check always but in the real world it doesn’t happen like that.

I know in my workplace I am forever dealing with a certain manager lashing out at staff when she is working on a major project. She is a lovely woman 95% of the time.

Latest posts