What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

adamkungl

Immortal
Have you ever venture west of Paddington and outside of the middle class?

Justifying f**ked up relationships with classism, nice.
Do you think western sydney people are incapable of not calling their partners pieces of shit?

Fwiw I grew up west of parra, and i've seen family members say some pretty nasty shit to each other growing up.
I still don't think its the behaviour of the majority, nor would I use it to justify my own behaviour.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Do you think western sydney people are incapable of not calling their partners pieces of shit?

Fwiw I grew up west of parra, and i've seen family members say some pretty nasty shit to each other growing up.
I still don't think its the behaviour of the majority, nor would I use it to justify my own behaviour.

I'm not casting any judgments about their relationship unlike yourself.

But yeah the unfortunates do speak like that. It's not as shocking as the papers want to make you believe.

nick87

Coach

I grew in penrith. And certainly know people who had parents who carried on like this, but it certainly wasnt the norm. My heart goes out to anyone who has grown up in an environment where they lead to believe that this is normal behaviour.

mave

Coach
Is there a reason why this bloke hasn't been stood down by Toddys discretion under the "no fault" policy yet ?

Dylan Walker says hello, if you need a precedent Toddy.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
The video, allegedly was sent along with other videos as evidence when the DV charges were first supplied.

An old video just released. it's not a new video.

It was her home too, she had every right to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incident aside, which is obviously bad and should warrant punishment, this instantly got me thinking: do clubs themselves do covert work on their own players? PI's, computer hackers, etc.

Now got a great reason to get rid of a grossly overpaid deadweight who was stinking the joint up. I wouldn't put it past them - after all, this is big money we're talking about, and the competitive advantages in the game are thin.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is there a reason why this bloke hasn't been stood down by Toddys discretion under the "no fault" policy yet ?

Dylan Walker says hello, if you need a precedent Toddy.
From Dec 12

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/12/josh-reynolds-charged-with-domestic-violence/

Wests Tigers five-eighth Josh Reynolds has been charged with a domestic violence offence by NSW Police.

In a statement released on Thursday, the Wests Tigers said Reynolds planned to vigorously defend the charge.

Both Reynolds and the club have been in communication with the NRL Integrity Unit regarding the matter.

"The NRL takes any allegation of violence or disrespect towards women extremely seriously," the NRL said in a statement on Thursday.

"The Integrity Unit is seeking further information from NSW Police before determining any immediate action."

Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Wests Tigers after seven years at Canterbury.

Due to the situation being an ongoing legal matter, Wests Tigers said they would be making no further comment.

TheFrog

Coach

DV has nothing whatever to do with where you live. It happens everywhere.

TheFrog

Coach
Perhaps it is that he isn't scheduled to play a game for another 2 months. The same would apply to Sivo.

The unknown

Juniors
Interesting to see how greenburgers responds to this, imagine letting Matt Lodge break into a home and abuse a family to play round 1 but not letting josh play because he was recorded having a heated argument

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Interesting to see how greenburgers responds to this, imagine letting Matt Lodge break into a home and abuse a family to play round 1 but not letting josh play because he was recorded having a heated argument
"Not letting him play because he was recorded having a heated argument" is a stretch. He's currently subject to a domestic violence complaint which is a matter before the courts.

(also he played 7 NRL games last year, was he really in line for a Round 1 call up?)

Perth Red

Post Whore
From Dec 12

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/12/josh-reynolds-charged-with-domestic-violence/

Wests Tigers five-eighth Josh Reynolds has been charged with a domestic violence offence by NSW Police.

In a statement released on Thursday, the Wests Tigers said Reynolds planned to vigorously defend the charge.

Both Reynolds and the club have been in communication with the NRL Integrity Unit regarding the matter.

"The NRL takes any allegation of violence or disrespect towards women extremely seriously," the NRL said in a statement on Thursday.

"The Integrity Unit is seeking further information from NSW Police before determining any immediate action."

Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Wests Tigers after seven years at Canterbury.

Due to the situation being an ongoing legal matter, Wests Tigers said they would be making no further comment.

ie if there is a video that might leak well stand him down, if not all good. Maybe Josh can get Fifitas reps to make a case to the IU for no stand down deal.

mave

Coach
Perhaps it is that he isn't scheduled to play a game for another 2 months. The same would apply to Sivo.

Fainu isn't scheduled to play a game for months and months, given his shoulder issue, and subsequent infection.

He has been officially stood down.

Why not the same for Josh and Sivo ?
Dylan Walker being the precedent ( alleged violence against women )

Or do we expect a sudden announcement from Toddy a week out from Round 1?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Fainu isn't scheduled to play a game for months and months, given his shoulder issue, and subsequent infection.

He has been officially stood down.

Why not the same for Josh and Sivo ?
Dylan Walker being the precedent ( alleged violence against women )

Or do we expect a sudden announcement from Toddy a week out from Round 1?

I could be wrong, but isnt Fainu is jail pending trial? If so, well I'm not exactly sure how you'd expect Todd to let him play

Latest posts