What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

mave

Coach
I could be wrong, but isnt Fainu is jail pending trial? If so, well I'm not exactly sure how you'd expect Todd to let him play

Out on bail at the minute.
He is injured anyway, so it's a moot point regarding his availability to play.

Just looking for some consistency from Toddy

I know it was doing the rounds on social media but it’s totally irresponsible for Foxsports to be publishing the video in light of the court proceedings.

Agree with this.

In this video has Josh Reynolds committed a criminal act of any kind?

It only serves the modern day purpose of sensationalism for the sake of getting clicks, particularly a favourite of News Corp... There's nothing else that is achieved by posting this, apart from potentially influencing a court case yet to take place.

The question on this video should not be the actions of Josh Reynolds, that should be a court to decide by why Fox/News Corp have got into the gutter (yet again) and published it.

People are asking here what Todd Greenberg (some using pseudonymns) will do. I'd hope his first action is to ring the head of Foxsports and ask for the reasoning behind publishing this video...

mave

Coach
People are asking here what Todd Greenberg (some using pseudonymns) will do. I'd hope his first action is to ring the head of Foxsports and ask for the reasoning behind publishing this video...

Greenburg should have stood him down on the initial charge a la' Dylan Walker.

I couldn't give two shits about this current video beat up.

Greenburg should have stood him down on the initial charge a la' Dylan Walker.

I couldn't give two shits about this current video beat up.

So what do you know about the case that Todd Greenberg doesn't? And do you know how this compares to Dylan Walker at the time of his accusations?

SBD82

Coach
Out on bail at the minute.
He is injured anyway, so it's a moot point regarding his availability to play.

Just looking for some consistency from Toddy
I’ve got some sympathy for Manly when they say that they’ve come out behind when the NRL applies inconsistent decisions.

But I don’t think Fainu is a useful comparison when making the point. He’s been charged with serious indictable offences.

The way that they dealt with Walker last year would be a much better example imo.

mave

Coach
I’ve got some sympathy for Manly when they say that they’ve come out behind when the NRL applies inconsistent decisions.

But I don’t think Fainu is a useful comparison when making the point. He’s been charged with serious indictable offences.

The way that they dealt with Walker last year would be a much better example imo.

Im using Fainu as an example of a player being stood down, despite the fact that we are not playing footy at the moment.....so the fact it is the off-season is no excuse for Todd's discretion to be utilised.
For the record Fainu should definately be stood down.

Also using Walker as an example that clearly Toddy can intercede when he deems appropriate, clearly the Sivo and Reynolds cases are not worthy of Todd's discretion.

SBD82

Coach
Im using Fainu as an example of a player being stood down, despite the fact that we are not playing footy at the moment.....so the fact it is the off-season is no excuse for Todd's discretion to be utilised.
For the record Fainu should definately be stood down.

Also using Walker as an example that clearly Toddy can intercede when he deems appropriate, clearly the Sivo and Reynolds cases are not worthy of Todd's discretion.
I get that it’s the off-season, but with Fainu there’s no discretion needed due to his charges. Greenburg could still stand down Reynolds prior to the start of the season. There’s no real rush if there’s more info coming.

f**ked if I know how Sivo’s works. In all likelihood when they made the NFSD rule the NRL didn’t even consider what to do with a player who was charged overseas. Short sighted is a nice way of describing them.

But I totally agree about the Reynolds/walker comparison. Was walker stood down early? From memory it was at the same time as JDB - after the first trial? Is that right?

mave

Coach
So what do you know about the case that Todd Greenberg doesn't? And do you know how this compares to Dylan Walker at the time of his accusations?

Well I know that the 2 players in question have been charged by police for violence against women type acts.

I also know that the NRL has treated both cases differently, in terms of the stand down policy, and in particular Todd's discretionary powers.

Im quite capable of drawing my own conclusions re Greenburgs "consistency ".

Are you?

mave

Coach
But I totally agree about the Reynolds/walker comparison. Was walker stood down early? From memory it was at the same time as JDB - after the first trial? Is that right?

I believe that is the case.

You wouldn't be suggesting the Consistent One had a knee-jerk reaction, would you ?

Well I know that the 2 players in question have been charged by police for violence against women type acts.

I also know that the NRL has treated both cases differently, in terms of the stand down policy, and in particular Todd's discretionary powers.

Are you?

Agree with your first two paragraphs.

We may have different opinions on treating both cases differently. In my view, every case is different.
Greenberg has assessed each and given a decision on both.

My view is also that Greenberg has access to all the police reports, pictures etc for each of these cases, and others that the general public does not. Thus he has a far greater informed view on these cases (outside the police and the courts to judge them) than me, you, and everyone else on these forums.

If we want true 'consistency" - then the only way to do this is to change the rule to account for all domestic violence charges as a mandatory stand down. Maybe that's what they should do... guilty before innocence is proven.

So as to my conclusions on Greenbergs consistency... i'm also capable of doing that. And I think he is absolutely being as consistent as he possibly can be under the policies and procedure. He makes a call as he sees it under his discretionary powers. And he has more facts than we do to judge it on.

We just have different views. I'm not saying my view is better or worse than yours. I am saying that Greenberg has the best view of anyone to make the call. And he's made the call.

mave

Coach
Maybe that's what they should do... guilty before innocence is proven.

Like Brett Stewart, SKD, Dylan Walker, etc ?

Discretionary powers is exactly what you are describing .....guilty before innocence is proven.

Toddy is judge, jury and executioner at the minute , whilst also swaying public opinion on guilt or innocence by his discretionary decisions.

Fun times.

Like Brett Stewart, SKD, Dylan Walker, etc ?

Discretionary powers is exactly what you are describing .....guilty before innocence is proven.

Toddy is judge, jury and executioner at the minute , whilst also swaying public opinion on guilt or innocence by his discretionary decisions.

Fun times.

Yes mate fun times indeed.

Yes I agree he is judging cases now, although I don't agree he's swaying public opinion - leave that to the experts at Fox Sports and News Corp by publishing that video...

Vic Mackey

Referee

Are you?

I’m the last person to defend Greenberg, and if Reynolds was stood down I wouldn’t complain

Again I’m not excusing him however from memory Walker had several eye witnesses saying they saw him assaulting his wife. He also had form off the field

mave

Coach
Yes mate fun times indeed.

Yes I agree he is judging cases now, although I don't agree he's swaying public opinion - leave that to the experts at Fox Sports and News Corp by publishing that video...

Excellent.
Todd Greenburg.
Judge, Jury , and Executioner .

The same guy that gave a glowing personal character reference to an alleged wife beating, alleged drink driving player.
The same guy that let Matt Lodge play without issue.

What could possibly go wrong?