What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT and Hagan blow-up?

Glenn

First Grade
macavity said:
“Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it” - George Santayana

In other words Newcastle will not win a premiership with Smith as coach. :D

V1er

Juniors
so when smith times runs out in newcastle and he hasnt won a comp and say Joey johns is the new coach wins it in his first year i wonder if people will be saying what a great coach joey is or he got lucky from all of brian smiths good work.....

parramaniac2516

Juniors
JJ said:
You have no f**king idea

Neither do you my friend.

Look at all the Quality players Smith has let go or told them they were no good.

Mateo
Hayne
Tonga
Richards

Its not Hagan's fault Newcastle are sh*t without Johns

Ziggy the God

First Grade
parramaniac2516 said:
Neither do you my friend.

Look at all the Quality players Smith has let go or told them they were no good.

Mateo
Hayne
Tonga
Richards

Its not Hagan's fault Newcastle are sh*t without Johns

To be fair, all of the awesome juniors that are now coming into your FG side have been developed whilst he was in control of the Parra coaching structure. You cannot deny that, and if I was a Knights fan, I would be excited that he could do the same to my own club.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Ziggy the God said:
To be fair, all of the awesome juniors that are now coming into your FG side have been developed whilst he was in control of the Parra coaching structure. You cannot deny that, and if I was a Knights fan, I would be excited that he could do the same to my own club.

Yeah, I really don't understand all the Brian Smith hating that goes on. I'd be very excited if I was a Newcastle fan at what he is doing. Short term pain for long term gain. The Knights will be right up the top of the league in the not too distant future I'm sure of that.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
To be fair yes all the Juniors coming through were Juniors from his time at the club but he wouldnt not of had a say in everything. Alot of the Juniors coming through the grade were brought in during either JT reign or Hagan. Last time i checked though we did lose alot of qaulity players because of him and we were coming second last until he resigned last year.

He is good at getting structures in place but just not doing anything with them.

macavity

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Yeah, I really don't understand all the Brian Smith hating that goes on. I'd be very excited if I was a Newcastle fan at what he is doing. Short term pain for long term gain. The Knights will be right up the top of the league in the not too distant future I'm sure of that.

we are.

we finally have the man to blend our juniors together and set up the club properly.

he may not win a comp here (although it certainly isnt out of the question in 08/09), but he will set us up to win plenty in the future.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its more like Brian Smith f**ked up Parramatta, and Hagan is rebuilding the side, although Taylor did some of that last year, when Smith didnt give Hayne a go last year.

If Brian Smith was still coach at Parramatta, Mateo, Hayne and Inu wouldve already left the club by now.

How is that for some reason now he's at Newcastle he's giving these youngsters a go, when he couldnt give a sh*tt at Parramatta. :roll:

fish eel

Immortal
I think Hages is doing a pretty good job of building at Parra. We've got a good core of young players, they've all been blooded and signed up.

If Brian Smith had still been at Parramatta, Feleti Mateo would be somewhere else. Kris Inu would be still in reserve grade and who knows whether or not he would have blooded Hayne.

El Diablo

Post Whore
macavity said:
we are.

we finally have the man to blend our juniors together and set up the club properly.

he may not win a comp here (although it certainly isnt out of the question in 08/09), but he will set us up to win plenty in the future.

like he did at Saints??

macavity said:
“Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it” - George Santayana

CrazyEel

Bench
macavity said:
LOL, make your farkin mind up will you, are you now saying he set Parra up to win plenty??:crazy:

sooperdooper

First Grade
brian smith is a good coach in my eyes... however alot of ppl disagree.
he did well at parra and turned our club around!!

hagan is doing well....

taylor just spat the dummy and looks like a fool... we all know how badly he wanted the job and didnt get it. poor form from him!
he is doing well at souths and is learning week to week about coaching! he just needs some decent outside backs

Hurriflatch

Referee
One of the best quotes was from Richardson

"JT is a winner" - Daliy Telegraph

Yeah, how many grand finals did he win?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
One of the best quotes was from Richardson

"JT is a winner" - Daliy Telegraph

Yeah, how many grand finals did he win?

So unless you have won a GF, you must be a loser?

macavity

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Its more like Brian Smith f**ked up Parramatta,

forgotten the period 1987 - 1995 have we? dont worry, I would if I was you too...

If Brian Smith was still coach at Parramatta, Mateo, Hayne and Inu wouldve already left the club by now.

:lol:

what was that about crystal balls?

How is that for some reason now he's at Newcastle he's giving these youngsters a go, when he couldnt give a sh*tt at Parramatta. :roll:

hardly has a choice here does he?

one one hand you all go on about all the players you lost for this year, and then on the other go on about not giving younguns a go until this year. make up your mind.

JJ

Immortal
FFS, how did Smith f**k Parramatta up?

How were the Eels going when Smith arrived?

Latest posts