What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT's Time?

DJDL

Bench
With the dearth of options for outside backs at the moment, is it time to bring JT in?
At times last night I thought the left-side defence was diabolical. It seemed to be a target for the Knights.

Assuming Wade and Duges are out again, would we lose anything by switching Tracey back to left centre, Wilton to left edge and JT on the left wing? Surely that would be no worse than what it was last night, and we might just gain something in attack.

If Duges is back, I'd do the same but put Tracey back to the bench.
If Wade is back as well, I'd still put Tracey back to the bench along with Wilton there.

At present, we are getting 10 minutes out of 2 bench spots. That's all Billy played last night. Trindall got splinters.
It's no wonder our middles are getting gassed late and we are getting run down.

Putting those two back there at least gives options for cover and resting players for longer periods.

Thoughts?

Craigshark

First Grade
Tracey did pretty well last night, think he deserves his spot over nearly all of them in the backline bar Kennedy. I’d put him at centre for Dugan (hia) and bring JT in on the wing.

how does billy still get a start? Surely he goes next week. He just doesn’t have it in attack or defence.

DJDL

Bench
Tracey's been very good. I just really don't know what his position is.
To me he just seems like the perennial guy who will play really well filling in whatever position he is asked to, but will never be the number one option for that position.

lolesi

First Grade
It’s a shame Ferris is out, he looked promising.

I haven’t seen JT play, I know a few in here have and the comments are all positive.

Why not ? The edge of Williams and Wilton ain’t it.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Can’t drop Hiroti for me. Very solid last night and has a real crack. He can definitely finish and is pretty safe under the high ball. I like him.

I’d be dropping Jesse. Does absolutely sweet f**k all and Tracey deserves that spot instead. I’d also look at bringing in JT if he ready next week against the Dogs. It won’t happen but Ramien has been so disappointing this season and last, hasn’t earned his spot at all.

1. Kennedy
2. Hiroti
3. Tracey
4. Duges
5. JT

shadowboxer

First Grade
Tracey works bloody fantastic with Kennedy - looks slick and always puts in. Damn danger man.
Ramien is a dead set liability and more suited to Henson park for a spell. Get him out there today. Hint hint

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Can’t drop Hiroti for me. Very solid last night and has a real crack. He can definitely finish and is pretty safe under the high ball. I like him.

I’d be dropping Jesse. Does absolutely sweet f**k all and Tracey deserves that spot instead. I’d also look at bringing in JT if he ready next week against the Dogs. It won’t happen but Ramien has been so disappointing this season and last, hasn’t earned his spot at all.

1. Kennedy
2. Hiroti
3. Tracey
4. Duges
5. JT
Agree with this.....Jesse has been the same sort of protected species as Lessgooo. Has done SFA since he’s come back from Newie. Needs to get his finger out or move him on too. At least he’s young enough and only on 400k so someone would take him. And to think I was wrapped when he came back home. Has the ability but not the footy smarts imo.

snout

First Grade
Ramien was good last night.
He erred in their first try but he played tough.
Bradman best is a beast and has been steamrolling on their left. He did nothing last night - they cancelled each other out.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I reckon Tracey is a centre, I'd put Dugan outside him on the wing until Ronnie is back.
I kept thinking Tracey needs to be in the 17, but now he needs to be in 13, has to be a starter, he adds so much.
I wonder if we get Adam Reynolds could Tracey be that running 5/8 play off the cuff

Don Tweddle

Juniors
How did JT go yesterday? I didn't see the game but heard he was good. His defence was pretty bad the week before.

Ads

First Grade
Tracey is a 14. If we are serious about top 4 in the future he can’t be our winger, he’s not good enough in the halves and definitely not a centre. Can fill in at a good level in all those positions plus hooker and maybe 13. Perfect bench player with the hia carnage.

Tracey = gun 14/utility. Gun. And ain't nothing wrong with being Mr Fix-It, he should probably be first on the team list every week. This season has already shown how invaluable that kind of player is in the 2021 version of RL.

Inferno

Coach
Tracey is a 14. If we are serious about top 4 in the future he can’t be our winger, he’s not good enough in the halves and definitely not a centre. Can fill in at a good level in all those positions plus hooker and maybe 13. Perfect bench player with the hia carnage.

Where are you fitting Moylan and SJ then?

*edit.

Nevermind I missed the part where you were talking about the future.

I think you're probably right.

Ads

First Grade
Where are you fitting Moylan and SJ then?

*edit.

Nevermind I missed the part where you were talking about the future.

I think you're probably right.
Yeah. Future but even from this week. Not a fan of playing too many players out of position like we did on that left edge this week.