1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Judiciary Joke

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Wittenberg, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Well it is so touching to see the rugby league media fall over themselves to say how poorly Mitchell was treated. Fancy him been given such a high penalty when he was only involved in three unsavoury incidents. His high tackle was ‘lazy’ with no intent and he might of kicked out with his boot but he made no contact and it was the West Tigers player who caused it by tackling him and holding on a little long......please! Thinking back to when Craig Smith was given10 weeks for supposedly running with his knees raised and how easy it is for Sims to get charges my heart goes out to Latrell.

2. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Apparently the guy who does the drawings in the judiciary cases got fired over the Mitchell case..

Not sure what happened, the details are sketchy..

3. Dragon set in stone.

Dragon set in stone. Juniors

The media have there darlings ,Greg Inglis was the same could not do anything wrong. Shits me to tears.

Gareth67, BLM01 and blacksafake like this.
  4. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

Consistency from the judiciary is the biggest blight on the game at the moment. Not that I care one way or another what happens to Mitchell, but for him to get 4 weeks when Felise Kaufusi only got 2 for his elbow on Matterson (who's still not recovered) is ridiculous.

5. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Spot on.

Then you have some of the real "brains' on Fox, suggesting its time to eradicate the points loading system. Please.

Gareth67 likes this.
  6. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Just so they can have even more inconsistencies to blow up about.

That's exactly why the points loading system came ito place, to reduce subjectivity...

Pillocks.

7. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

I think it was Kent mate. Ridiculous.

8. Tim.butler

Tim.butler Juniors

Thanks Muzby, we all need to laugh at least once a day. I’ll raise your joke with a quality dad joke -

The CEO of IKEA was just elected president of Sweden.
    He should have his cabinet together by the end of the month.

9. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

The tackle he made on Dean Young when he was held by another Souths player was one of the worst I have seen . Just collected Young at :100: mph and the poor sod was flattened .

That in itself was bad enough , but for their coach to come out and suggest it was Young’s fault had me foaming at the mouth .

If I had been able to get my hands on either one of them , well let me just say that after I had finished with them they would had looked as if they were hit with the mother of all ugly sticks .

10. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

This. Look at the impact..

11. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

If Mitchell gets 4 weeks for what he did, then Inglis should have gotten 6 months for his hit on Young. What did he actually get anyway?

Ghostrider22 and Gareth67 like this.
  12. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

How the hell Ingli$ stayed on the field after that hit is beyond me..

Can’t even claim it was an accidental hit..

f**k I can’t stand souffs..

13. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

In any era, that is a send off.

14. redv13

redv13 Juniors

I think from memory a 3 week spell. What a f**king joke!!!

15. Illusion

Illusion Juniors

Mate I honestly don't get all this love for the bloke .... They go on how brilliant he is with everthing he does even if he has just passed a ball ..... Nothing is said if he drops a bomb or makes a mistake ....

blacksafake and Dragon David like this.
  16. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

You are kidding!? That is an absolute insult if that was the suspension period given to Inglis. The match review people must have given a smallish grading on the offence because, hey, it is only a St George Illawarra player. We keep on saying this, but if it was a SGI player doing what Inglis did, then whammy, they would have gone for the jugular and our guy getting the 6 months.

There is just so much imbalance in the NRL judicial system it is beyond the joke - Victor Radley for one. He should have got at least a week to make it look fair.

17. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

There are certainly favourites amongst the media guys that is for sure. There is a lot of bias as well.

Illusion likes this.
  18. Willow

Willow Administrator

It was high so it should have been more, but it did bring about the banning of the shoulder charge.

We may assume the judiciary saw it as a failed shoulder charge, which wasn't outlawed at the time.

But imo, it looked like Inglis aimed up, and had a score to settle with Young... for reasons unknown or have never come to light.

Dragon David and redv13 like this.
  19. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

What about when Channel 9 dobbed Trent Barrett in for a late hit on someone that was missed by the refs and matech review?...sending footage to the powers that be.
    Trent got a 4? week suspension for it..LOL

Dragon David, blacksafake and redv13 like this.
  20. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

I know it was 8 years ago, but i remember it like it was yesterday.

Must have watched that clip 100 times. Till this day, i say there was ill intent, and a send off offence. How Deano did not succumb to serious injury is beyond me.