What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

yobbo84

First Grade
Sucks to use your 7 year discount on something so innocuous. Probably rather pay the extra $250 and keep the discount for another time. I know that flies on the face of the clean skin discount, but people seem to get fined a lot more these days than previous.
I'm not a fan of players getting charged for things that no-one saw, no player from either team or any official complained about, no penalty arose from, no-one got injured from... for any team (even the Roosters). What's the point? Send them a 'concerning act notice' or whatever they call it, but charging them (even if just a fine)? I don't like it.

Tony Seibs

Juniors
I'm not a fan of players getting charged for things that no-one saw, no player from either team or any official complained about, no penalty arose from, no-one got injured from... for any team (even the Roosters). What's the point? Send them a 'concerning act notice' or whatever they call it, but charging them (even if just a fine)? I don't like it.
Where's the money from fines go? Someone is liking it.

The_Frog

First Grade
Sucks to use your 7 year discount on something so innocuous. Probably rather pay the extra $250 and keep the discount for another time. I know that flies on the face of the clean skin discount, but people seem to get fined a lot more these days than previous.
This happened to Kurt Capewell last year as well. Seven years incident free should equal a drop of one grade, especially in minor matters.

Banger

Juniors
What’s even the point on fining a player $1800 when they earn half a million?

It should be a % of their salary.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Match Review Charges - Round 12​

PlayerChargePleaSuspension/Fine
Marcelo Montoya (Warriors)Grade 1 Careless High TackleTBC$1800-$2500 fine
Jarome Luai (Panthers)Grade 1 Careless High tackleTBC$1000-$1500 fine
Jordan Riki (Broncos)Grade 1 Dangerous ContactTBC$1000-$1500 fine
Thomas Flegler (Broncos)Grade 1 Dangerous ContactTBC$3000 fine-2 match ban
Jaimin Jolliffe (Titans)Grade 1 Careless High Tackle TBC$750-$1000 fine
Aaron Schoupp (Bulldogs)Grade 1 Contrary ConductTBC$1800-$2500 fine