What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

blacksafake

First Grade
Y

You forget he is a SOO rep. Nothing to see. They got to have the best team possible.
Luc..I am not so sure his defence was that watertight either but he got off.
There’s no doubt that the instructions came from higher up in order for him to be available for SOO.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth67 you get what I mean about this whole shit show just sick of this bias bullshit that has been going on years. It will get to the stage where I just won’t be bothered with footy at all.

Yes , most certainly Ghost Rider , it is indeed and it’s unbelievable that is has occurred and so quickly. The NRL may be better off reducing the competition to a 6 team tournament as that is pretty much the way it is run now .

There is a huge gap between the haves and the have nots and they are also treated that way at the judiciary . It is becoming a bit of a farce at the moment and most unfortunately I can not see anything changing for the better in the near future , at least not whilst the incorrect people are running the game .

The NRL have sold the games heart and soul to the television moguls .

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Well well well Felise K gets off. I saw the incident and thought it was a straight forward tripping charge. Not terrible but straight forward sneaky trip, a low level no brainer.

Since the tragic round which has significantly affected our season the ‘new age rules’ are being watered down for some. I predicted this when the two Sharks chaps got a light grade 2 careless charge when Ramsey and Burns were smashed up with high shots. Isn’t this true?

BTW Tariq still got charged and found guilty. Felise K simply ‘ not guilty’. Something stinks in Denmark. Even Hook plainly stated ‘you got SOO coming up. Just be consistent from here on’.

what a joke!,,,,

kit66

Bench
Kafusi gets off because he and his lawyer claimed there was no contact and NRL Counsel Nick McGrath was unable to prove otherwise. And yet I spent less than a minute with the replay to find this -

upload_2021-6-2_9-8-38.png

Kafusi lashes out, makes contact and causes Turpin to stumble. It's there clear as day.
The judiciary is a joke.

blacksafake

First Grade
Kafusi gets off because he and his lawyer claimed there was no contact and NRL Counsel Nick McGrath was unable to prove otherwise. And yet I spent less than a minute with the replay to find this -

View attachment 49051

Kafusi lashes out, makes contact and causes Turpin to stumble. It's there clear as day.
The judiciary is a joke.
Especially when he’s looking straight at him WTF

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes , most certainly Ghost Rider , it is indeed and it’s unbelievable that is has occurred and so quickly. The NRL may be better off reducing the competition to a 6 team tournament as that is pretty much the way it is run now .

There is a huge gap between the haves and the have nots and they are also treated that way at the judiciary . It is becoming a bit of a farce at the moment and most unfortunately I can not see anything changing for the better in the near future , at least not whilst the incorrect people are running the game .

If our club continues it's demise down the ladder as a direct result of judiciary decisions going against us to further decimate our squad this year, I definitely will be in rage and as such will have to give the game a big miss to avoid being over stressed.

To see us cop it week in week out and I guess in several incidents suspensions have been warranted, however, when other players from other teams get off or fined rather than being suspended for doing similar things as our players, then where is the consistency?

As you say Gareth, the competition should be 6 teams as the other 10 don't seem to matter too much nowadays as far as the judiciary is concerned.

SGMax

Juniors

View attachment 49051

The judiciary is a joke.

There was a Dragons player last year that got a couple of games for tripping and he missed by a mile.
May have been one of the younger backs or Ravs??
The victim jumped over his foot and continued with the play.
Didn't stop the MRC from citing and suspending just for the attempt.

SGMax

Juniors
The Judiciary should not allow this legal representation and excuse making.
Who cares if you have an excuse for sticking your leg out...or were trying to adjust your arm to stop an offload.
They have multiple angles of footage and should be deciding on that.

Remember when Slater got off on a shoulder charge just before a GF.
As if he analysed and premeditated the actions of the ball carrier in that split second.
Compare Slaters (non) shoulder charge to Ravalawa's 2 tackles.....ridiculous!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This is when Saints Management should be jumping up and down at the obvious bias and asking for a please explain. There were so many worse incidents last weekend which did not get no way near the treatment Saints players copped. I have not heard or seen one Senior member of the Dragons board demand answers from the NRL yet other clubs Management would be slamming the NRL. That is sad.

Ghostrider22

Juniors

As I said Gareth67 everyone see it, but what can you do to change and make a statement to be recognised of the blatant incompetence and bias as George Dragon just makes you angry and go into rage, but what does that do nothing.

Your right Gareth67, TV has huge power they control every facets of football we see today. And also the high profile power brokers they are very influential. And then you look at us who have a very wealthy patron, and what do we have, silence and a few crickets. To me I’m so disappointed in what we have become, from a time we were very strong and influential to nothing.

Dragon David

First Grade
As I said Gareth67 everyone see it, but what can you do to change and make a statement to be recognised of the blatant incompetence and bias as George Dragon just makes you angry and go into rage, but what does that do nothing.

Your right Gareth67, TV has huge power they control every facets of football we see today. And also the high profile power brokers they are very influential. And then you look at us who have a very wealthy patron, and what do we have, silence and a few crickets. To me I’m so disappointed in what we have become, from a time we were very strong and influential to nothing.
What you say Ghostrider22 has some bearing on who we get to come to the club in the way of coaches and players and others. Fitzgibbon knows our system and he preferred to wait until something else came up (now the Sharks) rather than apply to coach us. Players that we are not privy to know but have been approached with interest by our officials also may have the same feelings. Our management are not voicing their concerns on how we have been treated in a lot of respects and rather prefer to keep a low profile for some unknown reason and sit back and take it.

Frank Facer would be turning in his very old grave the past X number of years wondering what the hell this club has turned into. The BOD and other officials are not tough as teak and unbreakable but are made of balsa wood and can be pushed from pillar to post in my opinion.

Will this ever change in the future or will we remain puppets on a string being played at like fools.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
What you say Ghostrider22 has some bearing on who we get to come to the club in the way of coaches and players and others. Fitzgibbon knows our system and he preferred to wait until something else came up (now the Sharks) rather than apply to coach us. Players that we are not privy to know but have been approached with interest by our officials also may have the same feelings. Our management are not voicing their concerns on how we have been treated in a lot of respects and rather prefer to keep a low profile for some unknown reason and sit back and take it.

Frank Facer would be turning in his very old grave the past X number of years wondering what the hell this club has turned into. The BOD and other officials are not tough as teak and unbreakable but are made of balsa wood and can be pushed from pillar to post in my opinion.

Will this ever change in the future or will we remain puppets on a string being played at like fools.

Yes Dragon Dave if Frank was alive today the Saints would not be in the position they find themselves in today. Can I say he wouldn’t take any shit from anyone. A very nice bloke and a very smart administrator.

With Fitzgibbon, when was playing he was burnt by a section of the board during the 99 season, which saw him go to the roosters the following season. A good goal kicker and very good forward, he left. Why? He didn’t come to the dragons for a number of reasons. I reckon he doesn’t trust the board.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes Dragon Dave if Frank was alive today the Saints would not be in the position they find themselves in today. Can I say he wouldn’t take any shit from anyone. A very nice bloke and a very smart administrator.

With Fitzgibbon, when was playing he was burnt by a section of the board during the 99 season, which saw him go to the roosters the following season. A good goal kicker and very good forward, he left. Why? He didn’t come to the dragons for a number of reasons. I reckon he doesn’t trust the board.
You said it Ghostrider!

Gareth67

First Grade
Ghost rider and Dragon David , that is without doubt the crux of the matter . The board has so much to answer for and until they have finally gone for good and have been replaced with clear thinking and success oriented individuals the Dragons will continue to say nothing about any injustices done to the team .

What I find truly baffling is why do they not speak out and defend the very players whom are not only representing the club , but whom are also such a huge part of the annual investment of the club / joint venture . Wouldn’t you do everything you could to protect your financial outlay to ensure that there is a return upon it , or at the very least break even in a bad year .

They just seem to sit there - as you have said Ghost and not say a word in the teams defense and to make matters worse accept what has now become the norm - because of their inactions . Shocking behavior by those in the seat of power , they are like a bunch of mice who merely squeak at the big bad cat of the NRL and judiciary .

Last edited:

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Ghost rider and Dragon David , that is without doubt the crux of the matter . The board has so much to answer for and until they have finally gone for good and have been replaced with clear thinking and success oriented individuals the Dragons will continue to say nothing about any injustices don’t to the team .

What I find truly baffling is why do they not speak out and defend the very players whom are not only representing the club , but whom are also such a huge investment of the club / joint venture . Wouldn’t you do everything you could to protect your financial outlay to ensure that there is a return upon it ,or at the very least break even in a bad year .

They just seem to sit there - as you have said Ghost and not say a word in the teams defense and to make matters worse accept what has now become the norm - because of their inactions . Shocking behavior by those in the seat of power , they are like a bunch of mice who merely squeak at the big bad cat of the NRL and judiciary .
So true Gareth67 so true:thumbsup:

getsmarty

Immortal

Good points..except Fitzgibbon didn't come to us because he promised Politis/robinson he would stay until the end of 22....In other-words he wouldn't break his contract.

Latest posts