What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June month of footy

Joely01

Bench
Big big month of footy for us, Peats looks like he will be gone.
No Hayne for at least one of the games. A trip to Melbourne and a game against the best team in the comp.

RD13 V Cowboys Fri @Pirtek 28-14. Win for us, Hayne to lead us to a very important win
RD14 V Dogs Sun @ANZ 24-10. Loss for us, no Hayne, Hoppa and Peats could be a long day.
RD15 V Storm Sun @AAMI 28-18. Loss for us, dreaded travel for us
RD16 V Knights Sun @Pirtek 34-8. Win for us, good to have a Sunday home game!

18pts and sitting at 8th after RD16 for mine.

State of Origin game 2
NSW: Hayne and Hoppa
QLD:

Does anyone think we will sign anyone before June 30?
Or will we let anyone go by June 30?
Could be Fui's last month at the club if penrith rumours are true

Chipmunk

Coach
I dont think 2 wins in June will be enough if we want to make the Top 8

That will mean we will have to win a minimum of 4 of the last 9 to make the 8.

With only 2 games at Pirtek (Souths and Manly) in the last 9 games, one of those the NRL wants us to move to the opponents home ground (Souths) also, I think we will struggle to win 4 of our last 9.

I think we need to try and jag at least 1 more win. If not win 4 in a row.

Chipmunk

Coach
Posted this at the end of the May, probably more appropriate here

I think June is the crucial month really.

We have the Cowboys and the Knights at Pirtek in games that The Plane should play in. If we're fair dinkum and we're going to make the Top 8 then these two have to be wins. If we don't win both these games we will not make the Top 8.

We play the Dogs away the week before Origin. Even with their halves out I'd back the Dogs with Parra without The Plane, possibly Hoppa and probably Peats. However, we're a big chance here too.

The Storm in Melbourne the week after Origin is an interesting game. If The Plane plays I think we're a big hope.

It's a key 4 weeks for mine. With only 2 games at Pirtek against Souths and Manly in the last 9 rounds we need to make the most of this month.

I think we need to win 3 out of the 4 games to he a hope to make the 8.

bartman

Immortal
With Peats out I fear we're looking at one win from these next four matches - the match against the Knights. That puts us behind the 8-ball in terms of maintaining a 50% win rtio to stay in the top 8.

I'd love us to win jusat one other game out of the next three. Arthur is a genius if he can get us to regroup and beat the Cowboys without Peats and with some depth mising in our forwards. I cant see us beating the Dogs, and Melbourne down south will be looking at us as easy pickings if we go down there losing three in a row.

This match against the Cowboys is a match that will shape our next month, and potentially make or break our season. Two wins out of four would keep us in the 8.

Someone

Bench
Dont think we will do it. Cowboys are flying atm. We should beat Knights. I can see a slide here.

Losing to manly and tigers (games we should have won) will come back to bite us.

TheParraboy

Staff member
images

Chipmunk

Coach
With Peats out I fear we're looking at one win from these next four matches - the match against the Knights. That puts us behind the 8-ball in terms of maintaining a 50% win rtio to stay in the top 8.

I'd love us to win jusat one other game out of the next three. Arthur is a genius if he can get us to regroup and beat the Cowboys without Peats and with some depth mising in our forwards. I cant see us beating the Dogs, and Melbourne down south will be looking at us as easy pickings if we go down there losing three in a row.

This match against the Cowboys is a match that will shape our next month, and potentially make or break our season. Two wins out of four would keep us in the 8.

The Cowboys game is simply a MUST WIN. There is no coming away from Friday nights game without 2 competition points.

Joely01

Bench
I dont think 2 wins in June will be enough if we want to make the Top 8

That will mean we will have to win a minimum of 4 of the last 9 to make the 8.

With only 2 games at Pirtek (Souths and Manly) in the last 9 games, one of those the NRL wants us to move to the opponents home ground (Souths) also, I think we will struggle to win 4 of our last 9.

I think we need to try and jag at least 1 more win. If not win 4 in a row.

Wow I didn't realize we only had 2 home games after the knights game.

As a few have said, we need to win V the dogs or Storm.

Even more reason also for everyone to get out to Parra on Friday and get the boys home in a MUST WIN for us!

natheel

Coach
I have faith

V cowboys at home - we should bounce back
V Dogs without origin players - could be very even but confident we can get it done
V storm after origin 2 possibly no Hayne and no Cronk or maybe slater for them makes it even
V knights at home - could be a very good win for us

We could be looking at a possible 3/5 I'd be happy with 2/5

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Decent chance against the Cowboys this weekend,zero chance against both the Doggies and Storm,decent chance against the Knights.

2-2 at best from those 4 games

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow I didn't realize we only had 2 home games after the knights game.

As a few have said, we need to win V the dogs or Storm.

Even more reason also for everyone to get out to Parra on Friday and get the boys home in a MUST WIN for us!

We have 4 home games after the Knights game. 2 of those are at Pirtek.

If we fans dont think the team can win anywhere else, then we might as well give up. It is a loser attitude tosay 'if we arent playing at Pirtek we are done'.

I think the Dogs game is the biggest one of the season. We need to stand up and win at our 'other' home ground against a seriously depleted team. If we get that one then I expect semi final footy.

Chipmunk

Coach
We have 4 home games after the Knights game. 2 of those are at Pirtek.

If we fans dont think the team can win anywhere else, then we might as well give up. It is a loser attitude tosay 'if we arent playing at Pirtek we are done'.

I think the Dogs game is the biggest one of the season. We need to stand up and win at our 'other' home ground against a seriously depleted team. If we get that one then I expect semi final footy.

1 of the 4 Home Games is in Darwin, which is essentially an away game for both teams.
1 of the other Home Games is against the Dogs at their Home Ground, at a ground that we have a very poor record at.

Seriously depleted dogs? Dogs without Reynolds, Hodkinson and Morris (Williams likely to make way for Bird) and Parra without Hayne, Peats and probably Hopoate. Hmmm, who is the seriously depleted again?

They are because they lose both halves and a strike back. We lose HaHa and maybe Hopoate. Peats doesn't count because we've lost him for the season now so we just have to deal with it.

Not saying we should smash them but they would be a little worse off than us. Probably brings us back to evens, making it anybody's game.

Which means we can win it, so let's f**king smash 'em.

jono

Juniors
If the team goes to Melbourne with the same attitude as the forum then it's lost before they even step on the plane!
Melbourne will be without Cronk and maybe Slater, I know we have only won like SFA times down there but if they go in with it lost in their heads, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Maybe not a win , but certainly not a foregone conclusion.
I think Parra will jag three out the next four games.

Joely01

Bench
2 from 2 so far.

That win on the weekend will have the boys very confident heading down to Melbourne.
Very keen to see how we turn up, if we turn up with the same attitude as we had on Sunday and then add in the polish of Hoppa and Hayne, a nice 13+ win could be on.